PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver Update - B8 S4

Fonzie Audi
October 16th, 2010, 02:26
Due to the 60 mile commute each way to the office, and the S65's 14 mpg average.. i've decided to get a 2011 B8 S4 as a daily driver.

I absolutely love this car. I love it more than any car i've had since the RS6. I am so happy to be back in an Audi.

I don't know how many of you have had the opportunity to drive this car, but it is so much fun. Small, light, incredible handling and very, very quick.

I obviously plan on modding the heck of this thing.. so there will be a custom exhaust video up soon. I'm thinking custom catless downpipes, resonator-free pipes and probably APR mufflers. Along with APR software, coilovers, ect. I also heard that aftermarket intake on this car makes the supercharger scream quite loud.

Wanted to share with the community. I haven't taken the S65 out since I got the S4. At this rate - i'll be selling the S65 by Christmas. Hope you are all well.

:addict::s4Addict:

Fonz

DHall1
October 16th, 2010, 03:07
Dude,

We were just having a RS6 vs B8 S4 debate this week.

Perfect timing!

Did you see another local member to you just purchased a RS6 and had your local shop perform a bunch up upgrades. What was the name of that shop again? USP?

Welcome back.

ben916
October 16th, 2010, 03:09
Dude,

Perfect timing!

Did you see another local member to you just purchased a RS6 and had the shop perform a boatload up upgrades. What was the name of that shop again? USP?

Welcome back again.

covertw12

Fonzie Audi
October 16th, 2010, 03:49
Dude,

Perfect timing!

Did you see another local member to you just purchased a RS6 and had your local shop perform a bunch up upgrades. What was the name of that shop again? USP?

Welcome back.

Thanks Dave. I didn't hear about the local RS6 guy. Yes, USP is where i get my work done.

Having owned a C5 RS6 for over 3 years and now having this B8 S4 allows me to weigh in on that debate pretty heavily!

ben916
October 16th, 2010, 05:27
Thanks Dave. I didn't hear about the local RS6 guy. Yes, USP is where i get my work done.

Having owned a C5 RS6 for over 3 years and now having this B8 S4 allows me to weigh in on that debate pretty heavily!

YEAH!!!! Fonzie (and Jen) are back!!! Today IS Friday...... {clears throat...}

Ruergard
October 16th, 2010, 13:50
Hey, congratulations!

Just missing one thing... Where are the pics? ;)

Fonzie Audi
October 16th, 2010, 19:41
Pics are soon to come.. of course. Car is being dropped and tinted this weekend. Pics will follow

snoopra
October 16th, 2010, 20:16
Welcome back 2 da "dyrainged":) family Fonzie!

Benman
October 17th, 2010, 01:33
Welcome back and glad you are enjoying the S4. A full, detailed review would be appreciated. :cheers:

Ben

Aronis
October 17th, 2010, 01:33
WTF.
So the problem with the 60 mile commute with a 14 mpg car is over come by buying a $50,000 car then modifying it??

Just say "I wanted a new car."

No offense intended.

Mike

R1
October 17th, 2010, 03:11
WTF.
So the problem with the 60 mile commute with a 14 mpg car is over come by buying a $50,000 car then modifying it??

No offense intended.

Mike

the S65 will be sold comes December per Fonzie

Benman
October 17th, 2010, 03:20
WTF.

BWAHAHAHAHA... that's a good one! :cheers:

tidus888
October 17th, 2010, 07:21
congrats!!! btw.. i was told by a good friend who is also an apr dealer... apr exhaust is made by billy boat (he saids when he orders apr... its shipped from billy boat).. so you have another option to compare prices for the upgrades!!! 430bhp on the b8 s4 is easy!!!

Aronis
October 17th, 2010, 12:06
Yes, I saw the s65 for sale issue, but the claim was the 60 mile commute cost too much at 14 mpg....

Let's see...14 mpg, 60 miles about 4 gallon per day x $3 =$12 per day, $60 per week.

$50,000 / $60 = 833 weeks of gas!

Yup, that sounds like Obamanomics! Spend money to SAVE money!

Like I said, just say "Hey, I'm board with the fabulous S65 rocket/luxury ship and want a new smaller, less expensive car, and bying a new car I'm saving or creating new jobs!"

Mike

Fonzie Audi
October 17th, 2010, 14:52
lol, relax Mike..

The gas issue was the reason why I got the S4. The commute is 60 miles each way.. 120 miles total each day. Going to the gas station every 3 days made me wonder how much longer i really want to keep spending $500 a month on gas. I planned on keeping the S65 for a while longer.. although it seems now i may be getting rid of it sooner than i thought.

I am a little surprised though - on a car enthusiast forum - i expected the reader to focus more attention on the car part of the post instead of analyzing the financial portion. Don't worry about my $$ Mike.. when i need financial advise (which i have before), i trust the members of this forum enough to ask for it :). no offense intended of course.

Back to the car - I will write up a detailed review of the S4 soon (for those interested). Very fun car to drive. And thanks tidus for the billyboat/apr heads up. Exhaust will be one of the first mods.

skribe
October 17th, 2010, 15:22
I think we all know Fonz doesn't play by the same rules as the rest of us. Driving a 100k+ car 100+ miles per day doesn't make sense for anybody. Congrats on your new Audi, Fonz. Like I've said before, I would drive a tuned s4 right now if I didn't have 2 huge kids and one huge dog.

I may add one to my garage in addition to the RS 6 next year anyway, looking forward to seeing your mods!

DHall1
October 17th, 2010, 16:35
Spend to save?

"Healthcare for all"?

Tell that to the father of 3 in AZ with Leukemia. He has government provided insurance. AZ Medicaid. But guess what? They dont cover transplants. Oh gosh its the death panels? Oh the greedy insurance companies? Wait but its the government insurance thats going to kill this father of 3.

Healthcare for all until you get sick and need a procedure.

Idiots.

Yes, I saw the s65 for sale issue, but the claim was the 60 mile commute cost too much at 14 mpg....

Let's see...14 mpg, 60 miles about 4 gallon per day x $3 =$12 per day, $60 per week.

$50,000 / $60 = 833 weeks of gas!

Yup, that sounds like Obamanomics! Spend money to SAVE money!

Like I said, just say "Hey, I'm board with the fabulous S65 rocket/luxury ship and want a new smaller, less expensive car, and bying a new car I'm saving or creating new jobs!"

Mike

Aronis
October 17th, 2010, 18:58
I was just busting your chops...

Aronis
October 17th, 2010, 19:01
DHall1,

Just what are you trying to say? You mean that if I get into trouble with my credit card I should simply spend more to get out of debt?

Oh I know when I max out one credit card (let's call it property tax), and don't want to tap the other credit card (let's call it Income Tax), I'll get a Visa Card (let's call it say, China) and just pay the first cards monthly payment with the new Visa Card! That'll do it!

I have to mask the political speech here in tricky terms or I'll get censored.

Mike

DHall1
October 17th, 2010, 19:23
You know what they say about people that knock on your door and say "we are from the x and we're here to help".

Mike, you pay all those taxes? hehe, I keep property in Oregon to buy all my vehicles with no sales tax(AZ at 10% right now) and license the vehicles(AZ at 5000/yr for motorhome plates and 800/yr for RS6 plates). I pay my fair share with 150/yr motorhome and 44/yr RS6 in Oregon thank you very much. China can keep that mafia credit card. piss on em.

I had several credit cards(all with zero end of month balance) with an average of 4% interest rates. Credit lines of 25 to 30k on a couple of them. Then came the "credit card reform bills" last year. Well guess what? Now they are all 8% and I still carry a zero balance at the end of month. Screw them crooks.

Fonzie....I guess what this old fart is saying is this. Guard your pocket book with your life. Enjoy your cars....I know you came out ok with the E63 and maybe you will come out good on the S65 as well. I think the S4 was a good choice. If Audi would bring us the S4avant I would buy one on the spot.

DHall1,

Just what are you trying to say? You mean that if I get into trouble with my credit card I should simply spend more to get out of debt?

Oh I know when I max out one credit card (let's call it property tax), and don't want to tap the other credit card (let's call it Income Tax), I'll get a Visa Card (let's call it say, China) and just pay the first cards monthly payment with the new Visa Card! That'll do it!

I have to mask the political speech here in tricky terms or I'll get censored.

Mike