PDA

View Full Version : Snow Performance Meth injection

DHall1
October 12th, 2010, 02:25
For you meth heads. I noticed this was the same setup as Yokust.

I dont know if the pricing is that good but wanted to give ya a heads up..

Heads up

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/391602-gt-gt-gt-***R.A.I.-Motorsport-SNOW-PERFORMANCE-WATER-METH-GROUP-BUY!!***-lt-lt-lt

4everRS
October 12th, 2010, 04:04
So MAF or Boost based? I assume MAF.

Yokust, could you give some feed back on the kit? Give us a little indication of how your car feels w/ and w/o fluid in the tank? ect.

Pat, winter is coming and I don't feel the need or want for this though the cold season. However, I am very interested in doing this in the spring. Your car might benefit from it too huh? hehe. We could have a meth party. (I bet this thread just got flagged by the FBI)

V8weight
October 12th, 2010, 04:20

Yokust, could you give some feed back on the kit? Give us a little indication of how your car feels w/ and w/o fluid in the tank? ect.

Pat, winter is coming and I don't feel the need or want for this though the cold season. However, I am very interested in doing this in the spring. Your car might benefit from it too huh? hehe. We could have a meth party. (I bet this thread just got flagged by the FBI)
LOL, yes, I do think this setup is in my future, since I'm so attached to my stock, junk intercoolers. It would probably be a good time to patch yours up while we're at it.

JSRS6
October 12th, 2010, 04:35
I wonder what I'll end up doing withe MY stock junk intercoolers after I replace them with the sealed ones hopefully this weekend. Maybe I will seal them and pressure test them and put them up for sale on here.

V8weight
October 12th, 2010, 04:42
I wonder what I'll end up doing withe MY stock junk intercoolers after I replace them with the sealed ones hopefully this weekend. Maybe I will seal them and pressure test them and put them up for sale on here.
??? What are you putting in?

JSRS6
October 12th, 2010, 04:50
Lol, the sealed ones being the spare set I am almost done sealing and pressure testing per Audi-RS6's DIY post. I, however, went ahead and carefully drilled in between EVERY bar on the hot, lower end tank and sealed them all. 13 holes drilled, unlucky?

V8weight
October 12th, 2010, 04:56
Hmm, mine weren't leaking in between the bars. I just sealed around the base of the core.
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/18418-Found-my-boost-leak?highlight=found+my+boost+leak

JSRS6
October 12th, 2010, 05:00
I don't know where mine are leaking now, I will document when I do the procedure on them. But the ones I am sealing now were leaking in between a few of the bars, maybe a third to a half of them.

yokust
October 12th, 2010, 18:38

I went with the Boost Only based module, the MAF module only reads 1 MAF, so I did not want to have any interference of just 1 reading.

And in all honestly, I have put both the MAF and Boost kits on customers 2.7t motors. And did not notice a difference really at all.

But the MAF kit is supposed to use less fluid because it can inject based on engine rpm and load not just boost pressure. Which same boost pressure can happen at 1/2 to full throttle input

My car pulls harder with it on. But the best part is when its hot outside the ecu has not yet cut boost pressure due to high intake temps

4everRS
October 12th, 2010, 19:21
Thanks for your input. Glad to hear the boost only based module is comparable. I remember you saying that you have the APR software, is your A/F ratio good when the juice is flowing? Just wondering what other parameters are changing. I seems what I have read over the last couple days is that water/meth injection can be good for the engine (keeping things cool under load, ect). Also, do you go through your tank quickly? I see they have a larger tank available and I am wondering if you wish you had it.
I went with the Boost Only based module, the MAF module only reads 1 MAF, so I did not want to have any interference of just 1 reading.

And in all honestly, I have put both the MAF and Boost kits on customers 2.7t motors. And did not notice a difference really at all.

But the MAF kit is supposed to use less fluid because it can inject based on engine rpm and load not just boost pressure. Which same boost pressure can happen at 1/2 to full throttle input

My car pulls harder with it on. But the best part is when its hot outside the ecu has not yet cut boost pressure due to high intake temps

hahnmgh63
October 12th, 2010, 20:22
I'm also wondering Yokurst if you are running water/meth or just water. And if water/meth, what ratio?

yokust
October 12th, 2010, 22:06
I run washer fluid 50/50 mixed from concentrate and water that I mixed. Which most washer fluid is Alcohol/Methanol mix. Which I get for free working at a dealer.

A lot of snows kits just come with fittings to tap into your current washer tank and not a tank itself.

I have not run it long enough to decide if I want a bigger tank. it does go thru this tank fairly quickly, but around town it does not use much since its not in boost that often.

The downfall with Snow is they would not give me a credit towards a larger tank because I was paying dealer prices. So I would have to have both tanks laying around. So decided to run the smaller one for now and decide if I need a larger one.

I want to run a smaller battery and build a tank that would fit under the battery cover with just the lid popping thru so I can fill it with the pass rear seat folded down. To kind of compensate with smaller battery for added weight of tank.

ttboost
October 13th, 2010, 01:05
What kind of safety's does this kit provide?

yokust
October 13th, 2010, 15:50
What kind of safety's are you asking about?

ttboost
October 13th, 2010, 18:22
What kind of safety's are you asking about?

Running out of Meth whether by using it, losing a line, malfunction of any sort? I have an Aquamist kit on my 996tt and regardless of how I run out, a flow sensor shuts the system back down to waste gate pressure. I am also running off injector duty cycle. Expensive kit, but I have an expensive engine...I'm all for more power, but we need to be careful too...

yokust
October 13th, 2010, 19:23
Do you have the aquamist system controlling boost pressure and not the stock management?

Because if you just add a water/meth kit and leave the stock controls for boost and injector duty cycle alone, the cooler denser charge coming in with meth on, the ecu will automatically keep timing and boost levels higher.

So when the kit is off, or out of fluid, the ecu is still doing what is going to do and adjust for higher intake temps

ttboost
October 13th, 2010, 19:46
Do you have the aquamist system controlling boost pressure and not the stock management?

Because if you just add a water/meth kit and leave the stock controls for boost and injector duty cycle alone, the cooler denser charge coming in with meth on, the ecu will automatically keep timing and boost levels higher.

So when the kit is off, or out of fluid, the ecu is still doing what is going to do and adjust for higher intake temps

It doesn't "control" anything, just interrupts the wastegate control at ecu in the event of no flow.

yokust
October 13th, 2010, 22:12
It doesn't "control" anything, just interrupts the wastegate control at ecu in the event of no flow.

Well that would only be needed if you have a custom tune in the ecu that needs the meth to be run at all times.

Soon as I run out or tune the system off, my vehicle functions just as it would if it was never installed.

My system is used just to keep temps in check and get a little gain from the 'meth/alcohol' that is injected

ttboost
October 14th, 2010, 00:12
Well that would only be needed if you have a custom tune in the ecu that needs the meth to be run at all times.

Soon as I run out or tune the system off, my vehicle functions just as it would if it was never installed.

My system is used just to keep temps in check and get a little gain from the 'meth/alcohol' that is injected

Right. I am spraying 100% meth for the cooling effect AND octane boost. I have a custom tune for this.

yokust
October 14th, 2010, 01:05
You can do the same thing with Snow, its just kit add ons

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=13

And can be controlled thru this

http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=78

But if you are just adding a meth kit onto a normal tune and not a custom meth tune all of these features are not needed and would not really hep you in any way.