PDA

View Full Version : Audi Allroad mudflaps for less than 20 bucks. ECS sale save 92%

DHall1
October 10th, 2010, 16:48
Winter is coming. For those of you in snowbelt areas that drive your RS6 thru winter...here ya go.

Fronts will need some trimming but the rears should bolt on.

Kinda ugly for the summer but good coverage for winter.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-All_Road--2.7T/Exterior/Body/Mud_Flaps/?salesrep=CArmbruster&utm_source=audiworld&utm_medium=forum&utm_content=CArmbruster&utm_campaign=postreply

V8weight
October 10th, 2010, 17:07
I'd have to trim 3" off of them to keep them from dragging on the ground. :)

skribe
October 11th, 2010, 03:04
Just bought a set, thanks for the hot tip. There will be a massive (85%?) trim. Funny, I was just thinking about an hour before I read this post that I should really put some kind of flap on my car's badonkadonk butt with 3" of tire sticking out at the base of fender for winter.

Then I read Dave's tip. Get out of my head Dave. I have enough monkeys in there and on my back already.

[I was going to store the RS for winter, but I just said f-it. Don't want to miss out on my Dan Gurney fantasy four wheel drift opportunities in the snow. Powdercoating stock rims and putting snows on the beast]

V8weight
October 11th, 2010, 03:47
Then I read Dave's tip. Get out of my head Dave. I have enough monkeys in there and on my back already.

On an unrelated note, has anyone heard that the real "smoking monkey" has died at the age of 52?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp3q_w0jzoQ

skribe
October 11th, 2010, 04:10
I did hear that... Apparently someone threw their tax bill into the pen. He picked it up and died on the spot of a massive coronary.

DHall1
October 11th, 2010, 06:55
It was not the tax bill. It was the bond rating for the Chicago Zoo dropping to CC-. Old smokey realized they were about to get thrown out on their a$$ in the cold. It seems the drivers ed teachers in Chicago needed to make more than 210k/yr to make ends meet. Go figure, they must be putting out the next F1 stars in that class.

Yeah, right.

4everRS
October 11th, 2010, 16:21
Thanks for the link Dave. I ordered a set. Pat, I know you'll be jealous of my awesome looking mudflaps. At least now I will fit-in with the "other" 4x4's around here!

ben916
October 11th, 2010, 20:02
It was not the tax bill. It was the bond rating for the Chicago Zoo dropping to CC-. Old smokey realized they were about to get thrown out on their a$$ in the cold. It seems the drivers ed teachers in Chicago needed to make more than 210k/yr to make ends meet. Go figure, they must be putting out the next F1 stars in that class.

Yeah, right.

LMAO!!!!
I am moving to Chicago and will be driving a bus....

Jimmy
October 12th, 2010, 21:46
I couldn't see how the fronts from the A6 4.2 would work, I tried it last year....if you guys mod yours please share how you did it.

To me it looked like a fair amount of dremel tooling to fit the RS6 side-skirt outline....butofcourse, I have no dremel tool.

Jimmy
October 12th, 2010, 21:52
Actually that link is to the 2.7TT mudflaps....they won't fit the RS6. BTDT

I also tried my allroads fronts and they are a way, way different shape than the V8 fenders.

The C5 4.2 A6 rears are the ones for the RS6.

skribe
October 12th, 2010, 22:25
I have a backup plan. If they're too far off, they go to an allroad-owning friend.

But I do have three dremel tools and love a challenge. That and I'm a sucker for 90% off. You could sell me dog poo for 90% off.

ben916
October 12th, 2010, 22:26
I have a backup plan. If they're too far off, they go to an allroad-owning friend.

But I do have three dremel tools and love a challenge. That and I'm a sucker for 90% off. You could sell me dog poo for 90% off.

What is your address?? :)

4everRS
October 18th, 2010, 15:43
Got my set last week. Put them up against the fenders, and they will work with some persuasion. They're not perfect but close enough - and will need a little trimming. Now to find the time to do it.

Jimmy
October 21st, 2010, 14:49
The A6 4.2 mudflaps are the ones the Rs6 needs...but they aren't $10 a set either !!

Please share a pic or 2 when your allroad mudflaps get put on.