PDA

View Full Version : Test drove another one last night...weird story

DreamingOfCars
October 9th, 2010, 07:05
I called ahead of time to ask about the car. I was told there might be "some records". When I show up, no records are to be found. Tires were almost bald and rear brakes were worn pretty hard, after I was told the car was recently serviced and in excellent condition. Then, get this, the dealer tells me he has been driving the car as his personal car for the last month - he has racked up almost another 1k miles since he listed it. WTF? Car drove mostly fine, but I didn't get to test drive it on a long enough stretch of highway to really test boosts and gear changes. Test driving in places I'm not familiar with while driving along with a dealer almost inevitably dampens my feeling about any car I drive. Anyway, I was disappointed with the experience to say the least. Sigh - it makes me sad to see such a nice car presented and treated so poorly. That's 2 in the last week. Poor beasts.

DHall1
October 9th, 2010, 07:44
Yep,

Now you see why we say pay alittle extra for the right car with the right records. I sent you a email and say go get that one in CA.

;-)

skribe
October 9th, 2010, 15:54
How much do you want to bet those thousand miles were cold start full throttle beat-down miles...

I looked at several like that. High-end used car dealers are the worst of the worst. Much better off dealing with a private seller.

ben916
October 9th, 2010, 17:48
Yep,

Now you see why we say pay alittle extra for the right car with the right records. I sent you a email and say go get that one in CA.

;-)

Is that the one with the $7k 20" rims?

DreamingOfCars
October 9th, 2010, 19:49
Nope. One of the others you pointed me too. I'm talking to a few sellers.