PDA

View Full Version : Joined the fun! now some questions! ECU Reflash

tidus888
October 8th, 2010, 07:51
Finally made the call to get the RS6... so its time to do some light mods on it!

I am debating which ECU Reflash to go with right now... GIAC or OCT or REVO.... any recommendations guys?

johnnie27
October 8th, 2010, 07:56
Finally made the call to get the RS6... so its time to do some light mods on it!

I am debating which ECU Reflash to go with right now... GIAC or OCT or REVO.... any recommendations guys?

welcome mate..

the Viper tune seems to be talked up on the forum, its only a few posts old (scroll down)
I have the APR tune, and love it
98 octane tune
95 octane tune
STD tune
Vallet mode (wont rev past 3500prm from memory)

all able to adjsut off the cruise control stalk

johnnie

tidus888
October 8th, 2010, 08:44
welcome mate..

the Viper tune seems to be talked up on the forum, its only a few posts old (scroll down)
I have the APR tune, and love it
98 octane tune
95 octane tune
STD tune
Vallet mode (wont rev past 3500prm from memory)

all able to adjsut off the cruise control stalk

johnnie

wow! what a quick response! my Australian brother! (based on your info)... i looked at APR but find it weird that it cannot do directport flash a a much lower price.....

johnnie27
October 8th, 2010, 08:52
wow! what a quick response! my Australian brother! (based on your info)... i looked at APR but find it weird that it cannot do directport flash a a much lower price.....

yep $$$$$$$$ welcome to euro world, i've had motec bought fitted and dyno'd (on my evo 6) for less than the ARP tune, think its around $4100 here. powerchip also do a flash tune, but you cant change modes if youre into that...i think its $2250 here..390kw 720Nm , same as the figures APR quote...i have no idea what the costs in the USA are betting there a fair slab less though..i'm sure over-night the boys will all chime in

take care , and good luck with the beast

Elevens
October 8th, 2010, 16:50
Welcome tidus888. Sometimes it boils down to what your local tuner uses. Local to me is Mike hoppen of Hoppen Motor sports. So I use MTM software. I really don't know what my actual numbers are, since I have never dyno'd it. Its incredibly fast and I can't imagine wanting to go any faster(even though I intend going for Stage2 pretty soon, why I don't know). So unless you intend doing a lot of drag racing, I would say most of these tunes a more or less even, with some slightly edging out others. Pricing is another story. APR want's almost $3000.00 US for their ECU-TCU flash, which is totally ridiculous. While others are quite reasonable. I got a special from Hoppen Motorsport, $1295.00 for ECU and TCU which I thought was still high but reasonable compared to others. I would check what your local tuners use and go from there. Don't forget you must do your TCU also, so as to prolong the life of your TC. Let the Mods begin.............................

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010240.jpg

tidus888
October 9th, 2010, 06:03
That's a really good deal for mtm! I looked at it before and their work has been proven for so many years! Time to msg them and see what can hook me up with