PDA

View Full Version : Selling my RS6

MJR964
October 7th, 2010, 06:15
I hate to do it, but wifey says that it's been three years and now it's time for HER to have HER "dream car". Since we can't afford to have 2 dream cars at the same time, we're selling the RS6. Here are the specs:

Daytona Gray Pearl/ Ebony interior. 85K miles. Optioned with - Warm Weather Package(Solar sunroof, Power rear sunshade, Manual rear side sunshades), Sound Enhancing Exhaust, and Carbon fiber interior trim. Overall I think it's in great shape inside and out. There are a few minor paint chips on the car. Never been wrecked. Front pads & rotors in Jan. at 75k. DRC update a year ago. Transmission output shaft seal last month. 85K service last week. I have all records for the last three years.

The car is located in Chattanooga, TN. $26,900. PM me for more information.
-Michael
l10394

MJR964
January 3rd, 2011, 20:08
Bump.

Now at almost 89k miles. Putting on new tires this month. $25,500.

-Michael

MJR964
March 31st, 2011, 03:50
Bump.

Almost 93k miles. $23,900 OBO.

-Michael

mmaturo
March 31st, 2011, 03:57
lol...or mine with cold package with 89K miles for less : ) Already gave up though so 2 days to go before i trade it in. Going back to my own thread now. Good luck. Good news is that the cars seeming to have leveled out this year.

MJR964
March 31st, 2011, 04:43
Mark,

I've never heard of the Cold Package. If you're talking about the heated mirrors and 4 heated seats, I've got that. In fact, we all do according to the AOA RS6 spec sheet under the resources section at Audiworld.com. It's standard equipment. And if you turn those seats all the way up...then it'll take no time at all for something to start sizzling!

mmaturo
March 31st, 2011, 05:46
Oh i know. I'm just putting crap in a post that i do not have any reason to be commenting in so i do apologize. You are correct. There was a line item for it but all came with it anyway. Silly part is my car originated in Orlando FL in 03 to the original owner and i bought it in early 05 in Chicago. They should have bought the warm weather version. Would have been the same if i pointed out my great shiny stainless steel exhaust tips : )

Good luck again. The price seems to be in the neighborhood these days especially for your added options.

Aronis
March 31st, 2011, 12:02
Just curious. If you can afford two dream cars at the same time and you're selling your car for 25 grand, what less expense non-dream car are you buying?

Just strange math that's all.

Mike

MJR964
April 1st, 2011, 04:38
I guess I could have made that more clear. She wants Her dream car, so we have to sell mine before we can afford to get it. She wants an SUV. Now...before you throw me a pity-party, I like her choice. She knows a couple of people who've flipped their SUV's, so that was a big concern for her. Then one day she saw a Cayenne autocrossing, and her mind was made up. I'm trying to steer her toward the turbo so that we'll still be in the "Over-400hp Club". I don't think it'll be too difficult, since we've become hooked on the performance. I've actually come to consider all that power (to get you away from trouble) and monster brakes as "safety features".

Obligatory RS6 content: Check out Clarkson's comment at 2:58 while driving the 1st generation Cayenne Turbo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88EbJ5tc-X0

JSRS6
April 1st, 2011, 06:15
Obligatory RS6 content: Check out Clarkson's comment at 2:58 while driving the 1st generation Cayenne Turbo, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88EbJ5tc-X0
Close, 3:18...:hihi:

MJR964
April 3rd, 2011, 05:10
Ok, ok. Sorry to waste your 20 seconds. I was trying to give a little background to his comment. From now on, I'll get right to the point just for you! LOL.

JSRS6
April 3rd, 2011, 05:54
Ok, ok. Sorry to waste your 20 seconds. I was trying to give a little background to his comment. From now on, I'll get right to the point just for you! LOL.

Haha, don't worry. I'll make them up at the Midwest AudiFest on the track!

hahnmgh63
April 3rd, 2011, 14:31
I just bought a good used Cayenne Turbo S and yes, it is fast, I like the 6 speed tranny for an automatic, the RS6 should have had this transmisison. It's a Aisan/Warner tranny. And at 520bhp for the Turbo S it moves it's 5500lbs quick.

MJR964
April 4th, 2011, 05:52
There's a big difference in weight when switching from driving the RS6 to driving our Accord coupe V6. That difference would be even more pronounced between the Honda and a Cayenne Turbo which weighs an extra 3/4 ton more than the RS6!

I'm always amazed at how our Beasts can handle and accelerate as well as they do for being as heavy as they are.

hahnmgh63
April 4th, 2011, 14:06
There is a big differenece in weight, the Cayenne is an SUV and you notice it in Braking especially, it brakes very well with the big Brembos (especially the Turbo S which has slightly larger rear rotors than the regular Turbo's fronts and 380mm fronts) but Porsche has made the best accelerating, braking, and handling SUV out there.