PDA

View Full Version : EBC Red Stuff Question

vr430
October 5th, 2010, 21:47
Hi, I have searched on this forum (and audiworld as well), but have not been able to find an answer to a simple question: Do EBC Red Stuff Brake pads come with wear sensors?

I have called a number of online stores, and all of them said no. However, I suspect people answering phones have no clue. They all seem to be looking at exact same page as I and it as vague as vague can be.

Now, ECS website has pictures of EBC pads, and they clearly have wires attached to pads. Same part numbers - DP31513C and DP31470C - as in all other stores with seemingly clueless CSR's.

Please settle this for me.

Oh, and anyone currently running specials on OEM rotors?

Thanks!

V8weight
October 5th, 2010, 21:55
Yes, the EBC Redstuff pads DO include wear sensors. Another local RS6?

vr430
October 5th, 2010, 22:06
I'll take your word for it ;-) You wouldn't kid a local fellow, would you?

Yep. I've had it since December of last year. Blue. I have not seen very many around town. Just one more (which I looked at before I purchased this one).

V8weight
October 5th, 2010, 22:26
I'll take your word for it ;-) You wouldn't kid a local fellow, would you?

Yep. I've had it since December of last year. Blue. I have not seen very many around town. Just one more (which I looked at before I purchased this one).
Where are you located? I don't see very many Mugello Blue ones around.

SAF
October 5th, 2010, 23:29
Just so you're not depending on one man's opinion, I'll confirm the wear sensors on RedStuffs. ;)

vr430
October 6th, 2010, 00:42
Thank you, SAF.

Pat, I am on the right side of the river - to the East. Half way to Wisconsin. Is there an RS6 club in the Twin Cities?

V8weight
October 6th, 2010, 00:50
Thank you, SAF.

Pat, I am on the right side of the river - to the East. Half way to Wisconsin. Is there an RS6 club in the Twin Cities?
Me too! St. Paul Park to be exact, so just south of Woodbury. Yes there is an RS6 club in the twin cities, they meet in my garage when their cars break:lovl:

vr430
October 6th, 2010, 03:14
I am in Woodbury. What color is your Beast? I don't recall seeing any around. The other RS6 I saw was also blue, but lived way on the wrong side of the river. We had to meet half way for me to see it - at MOA! :incar:

I may just have to join your RS6 club. Although even before I got the Beast, I swore off mods. I am burned out - I had an EVO. :lovl:

V8weight
October 6th, 2010, 03:39
I am in Woodbury. What color is your Beast? I don't recall seeing any around. The other RS6 I saw was also blue, but lived way on the wrong side of the river. We had to meet half way for me to see it - at MOA! :incar:

I may just have to join your RS6 club. Although even before I got the Beast, I swore off mods. I am burned out - I had an EVO. :lovl:
My car is Avus silver, and I work in Lake Elmo, so I do quite a but of driving around Woodbury. The only Mugello blue I've ever seen around used to sit at High Pointe Medical Center right behind my shop everyday.

4everRS
October 6th, 2010, 03:54
Welcome vr430. I think I am in that RS6 club Pat is referring to. Being that Pat is the president of the club, he has the final say. I live a couple hours north, on the east side of the river as well.

Where did you get the car? What mileage did you get it at? I looked at a Mugello RS6 when I was buying, but the price was a little high.

V8weight
October 6th, 2010, 04:13
Welcome vr430. I think I am in that RS6 club Pat is referring to. Being that Pat is the president of the club, he has the final say. I live a couple hours north, on the east side of the river as well.

Where did you get the car? What mileage did you get it at? I looked at a Mugello RS6 when I was buying, but the price was a little high.
I think Tyler's car ended up in WA with Eurotunedrs6.

vr430
October 6th, 2010, 04:20
I think I have that same Blue RS6 you have seen, Pat. It used to belong to a Doc. I bought it is with 100K miles. My first used car in over 20 years. Hope Audi builds better cars than Mercedes.

vr430
October 6th, 2010, 04:22
Oh, and Tyler's car is the other one I saw.

4everRS
October 6th, 2010, 04:27
I drove your car! You have RNS E and a set of winter wheels. Also, your drivers side mirror is leaking electrochromatic fluid. Am I right? He had a fair price. I got wigged out by the mileage.
I think I have that same Blue RS6 you have seen, Pat. It used to belong to a Doc. I bought it is with 100K miles. My first used car in over 20 years. Hope Audi builds better cars than Mercedes.
Edit, just saw you have listed the RNS E in you sig. Also, Not sure about the MTM. I think you need to do a data log to check for sure. If I remember, he didn't have any documentation that it was true, I didn't feel a difference.

DHall1
October 6th, 2010, 04:36
Trust me when I say Audi builds better cars than MB. Our E55 is in the shop 4 times a year and we only put about 7k/yr. My RS6 has been in the shop 1 time. MB is having a monster problem with gas tanks leaking....our E55 has leaked 3 times in 2 years and 14k miles. My wife wants the E55 out of the garage and another Audi in its place.

DHall1
October 6th, 2010, 04:38
So true. And when Pat wants to take the RS6 club on vacation he comes down to AZ and we work on them here in my garage. hehe...where is a pic of our timing belt party.

This is what Pat does when he goes on vacation. "Lets work on cars!" Yeah, lets do two complete RS6 timing belt jobs today.

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/RS6com%20resize/Resizetimingbeltjobs.jpg

http://i1039.photobucket.com/albums/a476/drh11/RS6com%20resize/resizeThermostatdiy.jpg

Me too! St. Paul Park to be exact, so just south of Woodbury. Yes there is an RS6 club in the twin cities, they meet in my garage when their cars break:lovl:

V8weight
October 6th, 2010, 04:41
Ok, that must be the one! Probably has a set of 5 spoke winter wheels? I had wondered what happened to that car. There is now a TTS parked in its place.

V8weight
October 6th, 2010, 04:44
Here's one of the "RS6 Club" meetings at my place. :)
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/001-10.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/004-13.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/005-12.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/006-12.jpg

JRS-RS6
October 6th, 2010, 05:51
Too bad I am from the wrong side of the river but are cars sure do look great side by side and Kyle's in your shop in front of them. We just need to update the pics to show my LED tails and new wheels before I put the winters back on. So soon you will have four RS6s in the driveway? :)

vr430
October 6th, 2010, 14:42
I drove your car! You have RNS E and a set of winter wheels. Also, your drivers side mirror is leaking electrochromatic fluid. Am I right? He had a fair price. I got wigged out by the mileage.
Edit, just saw you have listed the RNS E in you sig. Also, Not sure about the MTM. I think you need to do a data log to check for sure. If I remember, he didn't have any documentation that it was true, I didn't feel a difference.

Yep. Set of winters, double-vision driver's side mirror. All previous owners kept meticulous records - you really gotta see them to believe it! A file an inch thick - every little thing. I'll double check, but am sure I have seen receipts for MTM installation.

vr430
October 6th, 2010, 14:52
Too bad I am from the wrong side of the river but are cars sure do look great side by side and Kyle's in your shop in front of them. We just need to update the pics to show my LED tails and new wheels before I put the winters back on. So soon you will have four RS6s in the driveway? :)

Ooo, gotta see those tails! Love them on RS6 Evotech. Yep, Pat needs to add some color to the driveway :lovl:

V8weight
October 6th, 2010, 15:04
Ooo, gotta see those tails! Love them on RS6 Evotech. Yep, Pat needs to add some color to the driveway :lovl:
Stop by sometime, we can data log your car and confirm the MTM chip.

DHall1
October 6th, 2010, 15:12
I was just going to say that. We need data logs from a MTM car.

Stop by sometime, we can data log your car and confirm the MTM chip.

vr430
October 6th, 2010, 21:16
Just did a bunch of browsing through forums. Looks like I have a lot to learn... And do... And there I was, thinking modding was behind me... My SO will not appreciate it.

Pat, if you do not mind adding a little color to the proceedings, please let me know when the next meeting is. I sent you PM with my cell number.

Thanks!