PDA

View Full Version : Sound enhanced exhaust? How to tell?

SteveKen
October 5th, 2010, 19:51
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but how can the untrained ear tell which is which?

I've spent a few minutes searching to no avail.

Is there an option code for the sound enhanced exhaust?

Anything visual that can tell me what I have if the exhaust has been upgraded?

TIA.

MrBucket
October 5th, 2010, 19:55
I believe the tips are black.

SAF
October 5th, 2010, 20:11
Black vs. silver.

SteveKen
October 5th, 2010, 20:35
Really? that's it? i was expecting so much more that I'm disappointed.

So then, what really is the difference for the 'enhanced sound' ?

covertw12
October 5th, 2010, 20:58
Correct on the black tips being the identifying factor - I recall that it has less backflow and there is a tangiable difference in sound, having heard my car side by side with a non-SE this weekend......

BTW I'm very interested in your plans for a 6spd conversion..... if the software issues can be sorted I can foresee that draining the rest of my bank account as I upgrade turbos while the whole motors is out..... yea!

E

Aronis
October 5th, 2010, 21:15
5 more horsepower also

ben916
October 5th, 2010, 21:32
Correct on the black tips being the identifying factor - I recall that it has less backflow and there is a tangiable difference in sound, having heard my car side by side with a non-SE this weekend......

BTW I'm very interested in your plans for a 6spd conversion..... if the software issues can be sorted I can foresee that draining the rest of my bank account as I upgrade turbos while the whole motors is out..... yea!

E

THAT'S the SPIRIT!!!!

hahnmgh63
October 5th, 2010, 22:50
The resonators are the same in both systems but the rear mufflers as well as the tips (Black vs. Chrome) are different. I also believe that the standard exhaust is one piece from the Cat's back whereas the S.E. is separated with flanges unless that was just a production run change on all exhausts.

V8weight
October 5th, 2010, 23:02
The resonators are the same in both systems but the rear mufflers as well as the tips (Black vs. Chrome) are different. I also believe that the standard exhaust is one piece from the Cat's back whereas the S.E. is separated with flanges unless that was just a production run change on all exhausts.
I believe I've read the same.

SteveKen
October 6th, 2010, 14:02

E

I hope to have a well sorted and well documented conversion under my belt by the end of the year.

It seems there's much interest, but I just needed to get my hands on a car of my own, which I now have. (For marketing purposes only of course. Yeah right.)