PDA

View Full Version : missing the rs6 and just bought a ? do not laugh

pellapat
October 1st, 2010, 14:20
I passed on the 335i and came across this 07 aero. I paid 10500 and added a vtune that gives it 320hp and 360tq. Blows off the line but between 40 and 140 very impressive. I just sold my rs6 and my 996 911tt. It has nice lines as well.

skribe
October 1st, 2010, 14:43
Well, I for one have a soft spot for swedes. It is a real saab, not a rebodied pontiac.

I still think your RS 6 never ran right, based on your impressions. You should really drive one with a nice tune some day. It's like a huge hit off the crack pipe if you're a car addict.

One of my favorite things is getting a passenger in my car who doesn't know anything about it... They start to ask questions based on the exhaust note -- is this thing fast? Does it have a V6? How much horsepower?

"Over 500."

"Wow, that's a lot, isn't it?"

Then find an opportunity to roll into the throttle hard around 3500 rpm. They usually either start laughing like they're on a roller coaster at six flags or just say "shit!" and grab onto something.

:addict:

twinsteve
October 1st, 2010, 14:54
Well, I for one have a soft spot for swedes. It is a real saab, not a rebodied pontiac.

I still think your RS 6 never ran right, based on your impressions. You should really drive one with a nice tune some day. It's like a huge hit off the crack pipe if you're a car addict.

One of my favorite things is getting a passenger in my car who doesn't know anything about it... They start to ask questions based on the exhaust note -- is this thing fast? Does it have a V6? How much horsepower?

"Over 500."

"Wow, that's a lot, isn't it?"

Then find an opportunity to roll into the throttle hard around 3500 rpm. They usually either start laughing like they're on a roller coaster at six flags or just say "shit!" and grab onto something.

:addict:

I am really hoping after my new TC and EGT sensors, I will feel that same way....past month of my RS6 has not been much fun at all

skribe
October 1st, 2010, 15:19
Bad EGTs will for certain cut boost, I went through it. All of the sudden my car became pretty ordinary. Not slow, but not ridiculous like it should be.

At first pass the dealer insisted nothing was wrong, I installed a boost gauge partially to show the dealerdonkeys that my car was only building 3-5 psi. EGT's were the problem.