PDA

View Full Version : Dyno results

AvusRS6
September 21st, 2003, 05:08
Well, after 3 pulls I must say I'm VERY dissapointed!

Best pull was 334HP and 398TQ and worst was 332HP and 396TQ.

One thing I learned was that my power was not linear at all...even on the dyno the car was surging and basically did it over and over again. Never could quite figure that out til they showed me and stated that no turbo cars should surge and the dyno graph should show like a diagonal line going up and not like bunch of mountain peaks like I had.

I will contact O.CT (Stratmosphere) and see what they suggest. Will update soon.

Sory guys no scanner, but Max TQ came in at 3250RPM and Max HP at 5800RPM.

YES, I AM DISSAPOINTED. Was expecting a minimum of 365ish HP. 334 is basically stock numbers to me if take a high 20% drivetrain loss.

AvusRS6
September 21st, 2003, 05:09
Oh, forgot to all...based on my dyno figures - my M5 kill, well now it leads me to believe that the M5 was not trying. Sorry guys it is what it is.

Erik
September 21st, 2003, 11:05
When a swedish magazine tried to dyno the RS6 it was too powerful for the dyno, so the figures got really weird.
Sorry I don't have any pics on this PC.

They used this dyno.
http://www.rototest.com/index_real.htm

When I dynoed my 2.7T I got perhaps 30-40% losses, don't kill yourself. quattro and tiptronic is not the best a preserving energy ;)

iconcls
September 21st, 2003, 16:24
Doesn't O.CT publish their own dyno results; what kind of numbers do they come up with?

Erik
September 21st, 2003, 16:34
Originally posted by iconcls
Doesn't O.CT publish their own dyno results; what kind of numbers do they come up with?

This is stage 2, 500 hp 660 Nm.

http://www.oct-tuning.com/shop/catalog/images/a6_rs6_450_auf_500_ps_st2.gif

avdh
September 21st, 2003, 16:40
Avus RS6

In my opinion it is incorrect to use percentage figures to work out the drag from the gerabox and the drive train.

On my S6 standard I had a drag of 88.5 bhp. Once we did the first chipping, the drag remained exactly the same, 88.5 bhp, although the rear wheel output had increased.

It would be safe to assume that the RS6 has basically the same drag as the S6, hence in your case, 334 bhp + 88 bhp = 422 bhp.at the flywheel.
If you can find a Dyno which can calculate the drag of your particular car, then you will have a more accurate drive train loss figure.

I think you should have a serious talk to whoever re-mapped your ecu, as your figures seem to indicate lower results than standard :confused:

Also, the type of fuel you are use can be very important. In order to have the adequate results, you must have at least 98 RON fuel, which I think corresponds to 94 octone in the US (?)

Gabriel343
September 21st, 2003, 17:51
Originally posted by AvusRS6
Well, after 3 pulls I must say I'm VERY dissapointed!

Best pull was 334HP and 398TQ and worst was 332HP and 396TQ.

One thing I learned was that my power was not linear at all...even on the dyno the car was surging and basically did it over and over again. Never could quite figure that out til they showed me and stated that no turbo cars should surge and the dyno graph should show like a diagonal line going up and not like bunch of mountain peaks like I had.

I will contact O.CT (Stratmosphere) and see what they suggest. Will update soon.

Sory guys no scanner, but Max TQ came in at 3250RPM and Max HP at 5800RPM.

YES, I AM DISSAPOINTED. Was expecting a minimum of 365ish HP. 334 is basically stock numbers to me if take a high 20% drivetrain loss.
How many HP of the engine? Not at wheel:confused:

Erik
September 21st, 2003, 18:19
Originally posted by avdh
I think you should have a serious talk to whoever re-mapped your ecu, as your figures seem to indicate lower results than standard :confused:

It is always good to dyno the car before and after.

iconcls
September 26th, 2003, 17:12
AvusRS6,

Any news response from O.CT yet?

AvusRS6
September 26th, 2003, 18:31
Originally posted by iconcls
AvusRS6,

Any news response from O.CT yet?

NOPE :(

iconcls
September 28th, 2003, 14:46
Originally posted by AvusRS6
NOPE :(

You might want to mention there are other RS 6 owners considering tuning but waiting on word on well they treat you in this issue.

gjg
September 28th, 2003, 15:16
AvusRS6, can you get back the stock ECU software (at no charge) from O.Ct? And perhaps run dyno with that .....

AvusRS6
September 29th, 2003, 15:03
Originally posted by gjg
AvusRS6, can you get back the stock ECU software (at no charge) from O.Ct? And perhaps run dyno with that .....

Yes, but it's more pain than it's worth. I'm getting and UPDATE from OCT this week. I will redyno the car.