PDA

View Full Version : Looking at RS6. Basic newb questions.

Tacojedbob
October 1st, 2010, 06:11
Please bare with my newb questions, I am new to the audi world. Thanks in advance.

1. Looking at 2003 RS6 with 48k miles with some sort of audi brand performance exhaust and tuner. Sounds legit but I would have no clue (guy claims 520 HP), also says he is meticulous with maintenance (he's a car collector) Selling for $29k, is this good? Oh and its an emerald green color which brings me to my next question.

2. How much would it cost for a good paint job? I love the Daytona Grey color. I secretly like the sleeper color but prefer something more sleek

3. What kind of MPG would I expect if driven moderately as a daily driver?

4. Anything else I should look for?

here is the add description for reference:
525 HP MTM Chipped. 2003 Audi RS6 in great condition. Exterior is GREEN Pearl Effect with Black interior. Equipped with All Options, GPS, Sound Enhanced Exhaust System, Navigation, Carbon Fiber Trim, Solar Sunroof, Bose Sound System with satellite radio, custom RS 6 floormats, factory floormats. NO accidents NO Dents. Non-Smoker. Audi Dealer maintained with all service records. The brakes replaced under warranty, suspension recall has been completed, engine is in perfect condition. All of the electronics work. Original window sticker

and some pics:

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_k5FSUCvpPUs/TKVt2d4P4xI/AAAAAAAABPE/7j7tN3UTOv0/17491459550.286939778.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.515x421.j pg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_k5FSUCvpPUs/TKVt2fmqLRI/AAAAAAAABPI/V_tjnH-3fGw/17491459551.286939778.IM1.02.565x421_A.565x351.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_k5FSUCvpPUs/TKVt289Qp-I/AAAAAAAABPM/DWMfzMPCEb8/17491459553.286939778.IM1.04.565x421_A.514x421.jpg

thanks again for the help.

Tacojedbob
October 1st, 2010, 06:25
P.S. I have a 7,300lb diesel pickup truck that runs 12's, so im not quite a complete total newb, just not AWDY savvy

ben916
October 1st, 2010, 06:35
it looks like either a custom one off paint or it is goodwood green.... hard to tell.
If it IS goodwood green, don't paint it, it is probably 1 of 2 or so in the USA.

If you don't like the color, find another.

A question to ask is: How long MTM-ed?
Might be beat?

Wyoming?
Please update your profile so others know where you are at...

DHall1
October 1st, 2010, 06:37
1. The price is fair if the car is clean.

2. 8-10 thousand dollars. My advice is to pass on this car and buy a Daytona gray RS6. Plenty to choose from.

3. I have no idea what the gas mileage could be if driven normally. Once you have the go juice you dont tend to put it down.

4. Search is your friend. We have 50,000 posts on what to look for. These cars can be a pain in the a$$ or the most fun you can on four wheels. Choose your pleasure.

Tacojedbob
October 1st, 2010, 06:46
it looks like either a custom one off paint or it is goodwood green.... hard to tell.
If it IS goodwood green, don't paint it, it is probably 1 of 2 or so in the USA.

If you don't like the color, find another.

A question to ask is: How long MTM-ed?
Might be beat?

Wyoming?
Please update your profile so others know where you are at...

Thanks Ben, what is MTM?
I am trying to envision the car dropped with rims maybe debadged as well? I can deal with the green I guess, not a big issue.

1. The price is fair if the car is clean.

2. 8-10 thousand dollars. My advice is to pass on this car and buy a Daytona gray RS6. Plenty to choose from.

3. I have no idea what the gas mileage could be if driven normally. Once you have the go juice you dont tend to put it down.

4. Search is your friend. We have 50,000 posts on what to look for. These cars can be a pain in the a$$ or the most fun you can on four wheels. Choose your pleasure.

Thanks JHall, I think I can deal with the color, it may grow on me if I do some other exterior changes, definitely change rims. I plan on doing a bunch of searching, I was just looking for a quick answer since i'm test driving tomorrow.

Oh one more question, what is the warranty plan on these, I have seen a lot of members talking about independent warranty plans?? Does this model not have a normal Audi warranty?

DHall1
October 1st, 2010, 07:22
You can purchase extended warranties.

Audi sells the Fidelity plans. Expect to pay 4-6000 dollars for 3-6yr plans. You must buy a plan. You're getting to an age and mileage to expect trans repairs along with misc sensors that could require the engine to come out to replace the sensor.

Given the MTM(German tuning company) components....this car should run like hell when you drive it. If it does not....then there is most likely an issue. You should walk away from the test drive and say to yourself. "oh $hit, that car is a 4dr sedan and it runs like a race car on steroids."

ben916
October 1st, 2010, 07:38
Given the MTM(German tuning company) components....this car should run like hell when you drive it. If it does not....then there is most likely an issue. You should walk away from the test drive and say to yourself. "oh $hit, that car is a 4dr sedan and it runs like a race car on steroids."

That is the total sleeper as it doesnt have the standard MTM warning label on the ass-end of the trunk to let all the Mustangs/Hemis/Camaros/etc know what just schooled it...

Tacojedbob
October 1st, 2010, 07:46
You can purchase extended warranties.

Audi sells the Fidelity plans. Expect to pay 4-6000 dollars for 3-6yr plans. You must buy a plan. You're getting to an age and mileage to expect trans repairs along with misc sensors that could require the engine to come out to replace the sensor.

Ill talk to a dealership tomorrow about warranty plans...but I am anticipating the feeling of a sedan on steriods!

That is the total sleeper as it doesnt have the standard MTM warning label on the ass-end of the trunk to let all the Mustangs/Hemis/Camaros/etc know what just schooled it...

how much do these mods cost?

skribe
October 1st, 2010, 15:04
My car has the MTM tune. It cost $3500 seven years ago. It's a nice tune, some early versions of this tune triggered checksum errors, which will drop the car into limp mode.

Limp mode = 300 hp or so, so an RS 6 still feels "fast" to most people even when it's running incorrectly. If you have an early MTM tune, Hoppen Motorsports will update it for $100, but you need to pull the ECU and fedex it to them, which is really no big deal.

Agree, leave that baby green. Very rare and very stealth. I would go old school green and gold on it with some gold BBS wheels, but I live in the past :)

Like DHall said if this car doesn't make your sack tingle when you give it full throttle, something is wrong.

My MTM RS 6 will run 12.5 @ 115mph, you know what that feels like in a heavy street vehicle... rocket power.