PDA

View Full Version : U-Haul Loses

MaxRS6
September 28th, 2010, 19:45
As some of you may recall, I had the need to utilize a U haul auto transporter to bring my car home from a track event earlier this year. Long story short- the U-haul employees caught my undershield on the trailer while unloading the car. It also slightly damaged the under side of the bumper. U haul's insurance carrier denied the claim after some correspondence.

Of course yours truly wasn't done. I filed a small claim complaint the same day I received their denial of claim letter. Court was today and Max wins all damages! New front bumper and spray, repair on both front quarters to blend the paint and correct some minor rock chips, and a new undershield. I have the body work/paint scheduled for November as I have activities scheduled for Oct.

Small claims court rocks and I encourage any of you to utilize it if necessary. It has come in handy for me on several occassions. Have your facts in hand, organized, and make the evil-doers pay for their mistakes. The money is nice- and the moral victory priceless...;0

twinsteve
September 28th, 2010, 20:32
As some of you may recall, I had the need to utilize a U haul auto transporter to bring my car home from a track event earlier this year. Long story short- the U-haul employees caught my undershield on the trailer while unloading the car. It also slightly damaged the under side of the bumper. U haul's insurance carrier denied the claim after some correspondence.

Of course yours truly wasn't done. I filed a small claim complaint the same day I received their denial of claim letter. Court was today and Max wins all damages! New front bumper and spray, repair on both front quarters to blend the paint and correct some minor rock chips, and a new undershield. I have the body work/paint scheduled for November as I have activities scheduled for Oct.

Small claims court rocks and I encourage any of you to utilize it if necessary. It has come in handy for me on several occassions. Have your facts in hand, organized, and make the evil-doers pay for their mistakes. The money is nice- and the moral victory priceless...;0

well done!!

DHall1
September 28th, 2010, 21:41
Hmmm,

Mad Max strikes again. Pay idjuits pay! I bet Uhaul is self insured.

I think I need to take up the cause again with Mercedes Benz USA on the fuel leak issue. Hmmm, Ben sent me the picture of a burning gas tank fire of a late model S Class on the CA freeway yesterday. I think MB has a big problem on their hands.

MaxRS6
September 29th, 2010, 02:24
Hmmm,
Mad Max strikes again. Pay idjuits pay! I bet Uhaul is self insured.

We were directed to Republic Western Insurance Company by U haul when we requested they cover the damages. Republic stated they handle the claims for U-haul. Oh yeah- I'm sending a copy of the judgement directly to their claim representative (that denied the claim) with the below...I'm a very sore loser and even a worse winner...;0

http://img2.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/609/480/45067003-girl-giving.jpg

DHall1
September 29th, 2010, 02:32
My image would be alittle more graphic. A middle finger comes to mind.

MaxRS6
September 29th, 2010, 02:35
My image would be alittle more graphic. A middle finger comes to mind.

Hmmm- Sounds like a fun photoshop project

SteveKen
September 29th, 2010, 04:23
Randy. Your PM box is full. I tried to follow up on our conversation from a few months ago. PM me when you can.