PDA

View Full Version : I live in America. I drive an Audi, MB, Lexus and Toyota (made in Japan)

DHall1
September 24th, 2010, 07:55
Ever wonder why?

Our UAW in all their glory. Thanks to the bailout nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm6pSfpQ9ms

DHall1
September 24th, 2010, 08:05
Any Cheap Trick tshirts in this vid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vIWp0h_rI

Erik
September 24th, 2010, 08:17
I like beer too.

But I don't smoke :D

I'm sure there's beer involved in making the Bavarian cars as well, and I don't think any french car would ever be made without the red wine :D
Japan I don't know, any sake involved?

speedtrapped
September 24th, 2010, 11:02
Hopenosis was in town yesterday and nobody cared, NYC ! Blue baby, nobody cared. Dave there is an American badge in my driveway, Ford.......no bailout, no bs and because of that I will always buy the wife's suv from Ford. 01/20/12 see u then

JavierNuvolari
September 24th, 2010, 14:58
Sad really, smoking pot and drinking beet in a short break and then back to work. It would not be a problem if it did not involve heavy machinery, but it does....it also puts in danger the manufacturing of the product that then carries people inside them. I like drinking beer, hell Carlsberg is one of my favorites...but not on work hours....that is just wrong.

DHall1
September 24th, 2010, 15:11
Read some of the comments below the assorted vids. This sort of thing has been goin on for decades.

I'm glad Ford made it thru without a bailout and have nothing against that brand. I would venture to guess that the Ford plant runs a tighter ship but its the same UAW culture and work ethic that need to be broken. How are you going to break that culture when 50% of the company was just handed to the clowns at the UAW?

These people own 1/2 the company.

You must bury the company but how many times will they get a bailout?

speedtrapped
September 24th, 2010, 15:55
Dave, I couldnt agree more......handouts and playing the victim are toxic characteristics to say the least....I like to have 1 big SUV, and Ford was my 1st choice, especially because they didnt take $. My wife is from the south and the thing I luv about the Hynduai, BMW, Mercedes, Kia and others is that there all non uaw. In fact there huge waiting lists to work for these companies, sanse UAW. Ford Quality not bad, big, EL is huge, gas guzzler yep(my 71' Bronco gets like 10 miles to gallon)......I prefer German for me...I have owned 04 c4s 911 cab(luved her), 06' A8L-luved her, but to soft for me. And ofcourse 07' S8 and my new luv RS 6(damn dealer still hasnt locked in a delivery date.)

DHall1
September 24th, 2010, 16:04
We owned Toyotas in the 80s and early 90s. Then Lexus all thru the 90s and into 2000s. Toyota and Lexus vehicles were all made in Japan and had the best assembly lines and employees. Then they started building them in the US and the cars became plain. That is when I found Audi and Mercedes. I still love the function and design of our Landcruiser/LX470 and the way it drives but the super German sedans are on another planet from all the Lexus vehicles.

speedtrapped
September 24th, 2010, 16:11
:harass:truth be told, waiting for the darts......I'm 6-4", wife 5-4". As soon as kids came, she wanted out of her Caddy Escalade. She wanted, wait for it......a Honda Odessey:harass:So here I am driving around Audi, Porsche, and my wife, a minivan-great quality, BORING and SMALL...I would cringe when I had to do the family drive.....Had it 1 year from a 3 year lease, 1 year...i sold it at auction, ate 2700 in loss and got the Ford Expedition EL, pheewww

DHall1
September 24th, 2010, 16:27
Hahah, Odessey. Laughing with ya

We had a Toyota Landcruiser before our LX470. Those vehicles are tanks. I had Supra Turbos, Celica alltrac turbos and modded the piss out them. Still have two of them.

speedtrapped
September 24th, 2010, 17:46
it was hilarious, guys would bust my chops left and right, I swear there is more room in a 911 front seat then in an odessey

BigRedGuy
November 7th, 2010, 13:29
Honda Odessey ROFL. I THINK I WOULD SHOOT MYSELF IF I HAD TO DRIVE A MINVAN - Thank God Audi makes the Q7. :)

:harass:truth be told, waiting for the darts......I'm 6-4", wife 5-4". As soon as kids came, she wanted out of her Caddy Escalade. She wanted, wait for it......a Honda Odessey:harass:So here I am driving around Audi, Porsche, and my wife, a minivan-great quality, BORING and SMALL...I would cringe when I had to do the family drive.....Had it 1 year from a 3 year lease, 1 year...i sold it at auction, ate 2700 in loss and got the Ford Expedition EL, pheewww