PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with Genuine Warranty Solutions for extended warranty??

twinsteve
September 23rd, 2010, 19:42
got a quote from them on 3 yr unlimited mileage extended warranty that was less than half the cost I got quoted for 3 yr/36k mileage Fidelity from Audi dealer...haven't read any fine print, but thought I would ask first

speedtrapped
September 23rd, 2010, 22:42
InteRested in this.....in MKt for warranty as well, quote I got from dealer was 5k for 3/36

twinsteve
September 23rd, 2010, 23:01
InteRested in this.....in MKt for warranty as well, quote I got from dealer was 5k for 3/36

dealer in Atlanta quoted me 4k for 3/36 Fidelity Platinum for my RS6 with 45k miles....I am sure there is plenty of negotiating room in that though....this warranty stuff drives me crazy..for every one person that likes company x there is someone else who says they suck...

ben916
September 24th, 2010, 00:22
dealer in Atlanta quoted me 4k for 3/36 Fidelity Platinum for my RS6 with 45k miles....I am sure there is plenty of negotiating room in that though....this warranty stuff drives me crazy..for every one person that likes company x there is someone else who says they suck...

I would say THAT is a good dealio!
Is the car in your hands?

There was someone on here that purchased a ultra low mileage RS6 (12,000 and Ebony from TX?) and a week later the trans/TQ failed but he had a 4/48 Fidelity Platinum BUT no PPI...

Anyone chime in at will...

I have a Protective Plan (supreme level or something like that) and I paided $3200 for 3yr/36 but the car had 36k on the clock...

twinsteve
September 24th, 2010, 00:27
I have the car in hand....bought from a Porsche dealer in San Anton, but Audi dealer in San Anton did PPI and gave it clean bill of health

V8weight
September 24th, 2010, 00:49
I paid $4200 for a Zurich comprehensive 3year/36k plan, but my car had 57k at the time. I'm more than satisfied with the coverage that it has provided.

skribe
September 24th, 2010, 15:01
After negotiating a bit, I paid $4200 for 6/60 fidelity platinum in the final days of '09.
It's already paid for itself with intercoolers and EGT sensors. I know the price went up quite a bit since then, tho... but for the record, I've had zero trouble making claims.

twinsteve
September 24th, 2010, 22:21
I paid $4200 for a Zurich comprehensive 3year/36k plan, but my car had 57k at the time. I'm more than satisfied with the coverage that it has provided.

Just bit the bullet and got 3 yr/36k mile Fidelity Platinum from Jim Ellis Audi (Marietta location)....part of me hopes I won't need it, but odds are it will pay for itself...and I will sleep better at night.

DHall1
September 24th, 2010, 23:17
Oh you will need it.

skribe
September 24th, 2010, 23:26
Oh you will need it.

+1 on that. You will need it. Another benefit is that having a decent warranty reduces your paranoia and lets you enjoy the car more.

twinsteve
September 25th, 2010, 00:03
+1 on that. You will need it. Another benefit is that having a decent warranty reduces your paranoia and lets you enjoy the car more.

you are so right! in the middle of a divorce right now, so the last thing I need to worry about is a car..I want to enjoy it, not lay awake at night worrying about it

Stephencl
November 16th, 2010, 05:50
What is the max mileage fidelity will write a plan on? If your car passes a PPI, will they write one for 65K on the clock?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

DHall1
November 16th, 2010, 05:55
Yes but it may be pricey

3/36 in the range of 5k

What is the max mileage fidelity will write a plan on? If your car passes a PPI, will they write one for 65K on the clock?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen

dab
November 16th, 2010, 15:00
I have been quoted various prices from various plans without a verification of mileage. I told them it is under 60k and they are all ready to sell me something.