PDA

View Full Version : It was a long 10 days without the beast and in a rental Mazda but it was worth it !!

covertw12
September 22nd, 2010, 14:53
Picked up the car from USP last night after leaving her there .... they did the KW's/ H-sports and 034 Arms ( not the Sterns thankfully, at least from what I hear) and also did the Wagners /Venairs and all the other hoses etc....as well as DV's / Filters, stainless brakes line, RS6+ pedals, Clear-corners and misc ....they really do great work - very impressed so far.

And I have to say it's a totally different car now.... I loved her before but the DRC clunk ( and it had just had the replacement 3k ago) was driving me nuts and it felt squishy coming out of a turn and getting onto the boost.... now none of that... and it looks amazing.

You all were right and I've learned a lesson... the 265/35 are aggressive on a 19x9.5 ( ET32) but with a 3mm spacer in the front we're clearing.... I wouldn't track the car but it works. I will likely swap those out down the road.....( for anyone looking for a great setup who's not running a lowered suspension these would likely work flawlessly - email me if you're interested in either the tires or the whole setup)

Just added my first Aces.....can't wait to take her out for a drive this evening....and do the Shifter plate mod ( bought a used one for $35 on Feabay !):hihi:

Really looking forward to getting the Labrees & Catback in next week.... and then chasing down a new Tune.....(maybe along with the Fuel pump/ Reg ). This forum truly is a wealth of knowledge....thanks to those who've pioneered many of these mods and shared their insight and experiences.

I have a few long overdue low res Iphone pics I'll get up shortly....

I'll be selling my old IC's ( like new - 30k on them) and still have the OEM 18's ( in mint condition) PM or email me if you're interested.

MaxRS6
September 22nd, 2010, 15:35
Congrats and look forward to your continued impressions and the pics!

hahnmgh63
September 22nd, 2010, 16:29
Congrats also. I think you'll love the KW / HSport setup. The car handles so much better than the DRC with only a slightly stiffer ride. Unless your in an area with a lot of rough roads and potholes you'll love the KW's over the DRC.

Ruergard
September 22nd, 2010, 17:06
Again, congrats. Sounds like the perfect mods, keep the impressions and also pics comming. :thumb:

JSRS6
September 22nd, 2010, 20:24
How much for the IC's? Are you still in Florida? Thought you were moving to Cali?

JSRS6
September 22nd, 2010, 20:27
PM sent.

skribe
September 23rd, 2010, 00:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa6ynh0MGcU

MaxRS6
September 23rd, 2010, 01:34
Old school rock and brings back good time memories fuzzy as they may be...Can't believe they didn't get a shot of me out there yelling my lungs and groping anything that came within reach of my octopus arms...:)