PDA

View Full Version : Where to place those benjamins?

speedtrapped
September 21st, 2010, 19:27
$$$$$ makes the world go around, and the rs 6 too.....Ok so just got done talking w/ the last 2 audi dealerships on west coast regarding my soon to be 3rd wife. TB changed @ 33k....2nd dealer told me changed again @ 52k??? But sadly I think she misread cause the report shows TB checked as well as tensioner....no replaced typed.....So I really am trying to do my home work here, slow learner-I want to tune her:hihi:, another member has an O.ct ecu/tcu set up and I have an email into Viper. Do I spend the $ on TB@ 70k miles?, again not a DD...or hold off till intreval and get the tune???
All input pls
TIA

Stephen

PS-if this says something, I do think my 07' S8 is fast enough.....:burnout:

DHall1
September 21st, 2010, 20:39
When you posted the S8 question, I think many were confused about which gen S8 you had. The 07 S8 is a very sweet car with lots of power. C5 RS6 is still faster and better esp if you reflash.

.02c

If the timing belt service was done at 33k. You are fine till 75k.

+1 on the OCT ecu/tcu combo. Just remember that the ecu will need the vin recode at the dealer. Members have shown good power with the OCT stuff.

How many miles on the car now? Get the tune and change the TB when it hits 75k.

Good luck.

$$$$$ makes the world go around, and the rs 6 too.....Ok so just got done talking w/ the last 2 audi dealerships on west coast regarding my soon to be 3rd wife. TB changed @ 33k....2nd dealer told me changed again @ 52k??? But sadly I think she misread cause the report shows TB checked as well as tensioner....no replaced typed.....So I really am trying to do my home work here, slow learner-I want to tune her:hihi:, another member has an O.ct ecu/tcu set up and I have an email into Viper. Do I spend the $ on TB@ 70k miles?, again not a DD...or hold off till intreval and get the tune???
All input pls
TIA

Stephen

PS-if this says something, I do think my 07' S8 is fast enough.....:burnout:

speedtrapped
September 21st, 2010, 20:56
PSPS-I do NOT think my s8 is fast enough.....Ok sorry she is sweet, and I did well on her when I bought from dealership no less. New yokohama advans, serviced, 21400 miles, 3 years or 50k cpo, paid 57500.00....and she is immaculate. Installed catback milltek exhaust, AR rotors, redstuff pads...Miles on RS 6 = 70800.......I like your advice Ty
Stephen

speedtrapped
September 21st, 2010, 21:01
Oooooorrrrr I wait till you share w/ everyone what kind of tune your hiding under your hood? Hmmmmm

DHall1
September 22nd, 2010, 21:24
There are great choices out there. Just go with a product that has good feedback and dyno proven results.

speedtrapped
September 22nd, 2010, 21:47
Yep, between viper and ur secret sauce ,,,, I have choices and nothing but time.
Ty for input