PDA

View Full Version : Near silent R8 under development for 2014

Joker
September 21st, 2010, 15:37
Hi Qisha,

Let me start by saying this sounds like BS to me. One of my mates who happens to be into bikes and through one of his many forums read about a new R8 model coming out. The engine is near silent to the public he said but in the cabin there will be zero engine or road noise, probably some kind of sound calcelation system in place but if you preferred to hear engine noise then sound will be programmed in through the speaker system in a range of engine noise options right up to the sound of an F1 car.

It sounded a bit bizarre to me but he insists that it's genuine and I must admit that after the Bugatti Veyron if anyone was capable of such a thing then it would be VAG.

Can you shed any light on this.

RXBG
September 21st, 2010, 18:14
your friend described the etron.

Joker
September 21st, 2010, 19:37
I already said the E-tron and actually showed him to picture of it but he said the one described to him by the guy on the forum (wasn't allowed to post photos) looked more like the normal R8 from the front, but he did say it has an engine.

I'm confused and was wondering if Qisha could shed light on this project if there is one.

Joker
September 24th, 2010, 11:04
I made a mistake on the model, I thought he said it was an R8 when actually it was an A8 which was running a V8 engine that could switch off half the cylinders and do all the other things mentioned.

Moderators if you can change the title to read A8 instead of R8 I would appreciate it.