PDA

View Full Version : New beast handler on board - 2003 C5 - couple questions

video6
September 19th, 2010, 00:12
i have been lurking for sometime during the research and purchasing phase.. Now its mine and needed to jump in and get some advice. The car is silver (not the technical name of the color) with the black and carbon interior.. Tuned exhaust 58k on the clock, it had the DRC recall done, also came with the GIAC handheld flashloader.. the guy took amazing care of it and actually filmed me driving away in it.. I am proud to own one of these.. I am going to detail it as its now probably as dirty as its ever been.. what do you guys use for the interior? I have used 303 in the past but only on the exterior rubber and plastic.. I say plastic cause I spend the better part of the day doing the whole car inside and out.. based on your pictures I am sure yall do the same.

Technical-

1) I read the entire DRC thread and am still wondering what the deal is with my left rear, on a mtn road, (431 from Tahoe to Reno and back :revs: ) i heard a bushing rattle, it has since gone away - thoughts? This next week I will have it up on the lift inspecting but wanted to ask you guys what to look for or if I should bang on the dealer to service it since they performed the recall.

2) Occasionally at slow speed and usually stopped when I initiate a turn the power steering will hum for a moment and them go away.

The service records are thorough, and the previous owner had Niello Audi our of Sacramento service the car and based on the records - he leaned hard on them for random noises.. Plenty of new parts on her..

Thanks in advance and I am pleased that I am now part of this community..

On a side note my friend in a 09 outback said he could take me 0-45 after reading about the 8k RS6 guy who said he got beat but an outback and 335, I thought that would amuse some of you guys :lovl: I bet him a tank of fuel, twas a good bet

JJ

DHall1
September 19th, 2010, 00:22
Welcome and congrats.

Go to the lifestyle section on the forum and read up on piyu's threads. Detailers Domain

video6
September 19th, 2010, 00:43
Thanks DHall1. They do it right at Detailers Domain

MaxRS6
September 19th, 2010, 00:49
Welcome aboard the

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/Ozzy%20at%20Emerald/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg?t=1284853970

ben916
September 19th, 2010, 04:03
Welcome aboard!

Please see the US RS6 VIN sticky at the top of the RS6/S6/S8 forum...

Planned mods????

video6
September 21st, 2010, 04:46
gutting the downpipes looks like a good time, maybe that'l be next.. I have been easy on the brakes so far but fear they will be ready soon, does cryo rotors count as mods?

speedtrapped
September 21st, 2010, 10:14
I just ordered a set of fronts for ,$390 a pop....mating with stop tech pads. I have been informed that there hasn't been any owner feedback on cryo, dbl the mileage sounded good to me.

JSRS6
September 21st, 2010, 14:06
Did you consider OE from genuine and sending them to metalwear?

speedtrapped
September 21st, 2010, 14:57
I did, but there heavy and I figured shipped to me, ship to them and then back was going to be roughly same price-he ordered rotors from from OEM germany(at least that is what he told me)

JSRS6
September 21st, 2010, 15:42
You know stoptech cryo treats their rotors and they use metalwear.

JSRS6
September 21st, 2010, 15:43
According to metalwear anyway...02c

speedtrapped
September 21st, 2010, 15:51
I looked on ach tuning, didnt see the rotors, a couple of places I have checked came up short for stop tech rotors for rs 6

video6
September 21st, 2010, 18:50
I just ordered a set of fronts for ,$390 a pop....

sweet! seems like a fair price - where did you find them? and are they drilled?

Did you consider OE from genuine and sending them to metalwear?

can research metalwear but was curious how much that runs.

speedtrapped
September 21st, 2010, 19:17
Frozenrotors.com.....Ty Pat....see I dont want to ever be the sheep, but since u sheparded this link I followed

video6
September 21st, 2010, 19:23
cool - I just saw yours and others' postings on the another thread.. all good thanks!

**edit - it was in the "whats going on thread"

ben916
September 21st, 2010, 20:17
Frozenrotors.com.....Ty Pat....see I dont want to ever be the sheep, but since u sheparded this link I followed

Just got off the phone with Keith at Frozen:
1. Cost is $56/per rotor

2. Turn around time is this:
They receive rotors all week and as long as they are there by Friday, you are in for that week.
Their process takes 60hrs.
They start on Friday and end on Sunday and ship on Monday.

3. They use UPS.

Now the hard part....decisions decisions...

ben916
January 27th, 2011, 06:14
I guess this is me being "a dik to new members" again

Geez Dave, take it easy will ya??!?!

Brav
January 27th, 2011, 08:37
I just put on JHM rotors on my car with EBC Reds... will report after time how things are. I haven't been able to safely and properly break them in and have a slight vibration on light braking, but goes away with any moderate pressure.

Personally.. I would always go for slotted over drilled.. subjectively less "pretty" to some but definitely more useful. One reason I went with JHM.

Where in CA are you?

Brav
January 27th, 2011, 22:09
Also, regarding the Power Steering Squeel... I had the exact same symptoms for a while. It slowly got progressively worse over a year. I suggest topping off the fluids for now. Mine went haywire on a trip and made all sorts of noise, so I replaced it during my timing belt service. Problem solved, no squeel, and no slight binding on startup or low speed. Leaks at the cooler or clamps seem to be common. I had the best results when filling it with the engine on for some reason.. I think I may have had air bubbles.