PDA

View Full Version : Service warning.

Majestic
September 18th, 2010, 14:58
I am getting a service warning when i turn on the car and shift to drive. After that the warning doesnt come up again. Is this a warning that their is something wrong or is this a message to go give your local dealership another donation to turn that annoying service message off.

JSRS6
September 18th, 2010, 16:23
It is simply a service interval. Not necessarily indicative of service required. Although my service soon XXXX miles creeped up alot faster than the count would suggest. It went from 2000 miles to 0 in alot less than 2000 miles...so perhaps there are other forces at work here...

twinsteve
September 18th, 2010, 18:01
I am getting a service warning when i turn on the car and shift to drive. After that the warning doesnt come up again. Is this a warning that their is something wrong or is this a message to go give your local dealership another donation to turn that annoying service message off.

your manual has section that says how to reset it if you want to

JSRS6
September 18th, 2010, 18:49
1. Turn off ignition.
2. While holding the right button on the instrument cluster down, turn on the ignition. you should see service!
3. Still holding the right button, press the left button till service! goes away.

hahnmgh63
September 18th, 2010, 21:35
If you have Vagcom you can set the service interval to come up at a specific mileage or a specific time interval rather than the defaults. I use 6K or 6 months on mine.

4everRS
September 21st, 2010, 16:54
Great info guys, didn't know either item. Thought you had to reset the service light with a code reader (that's what I have done), and change intervals? - cool.

Majestic
September 22nd, 2010, 05:20
Hey thanks all for the help, service light taken away :)

DonS
September 28th, 2010, 14:23
The dealer commented that my Service indicator was on when they did the oil change, but they didn't reset the thing. Thanks for the instructions. Badda-bing - done. Now why wouldn't the dealer do something they are being paid to do...?