PDA

View Full Version : RS6 for sale in IL. Who can name the previous owner?

DHall1
September 16th, 2010, 04:24
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-AUDI-RS6-AWD-HTD-STS-NAVI-BBS-WHEELS-RARE-FIND-/230526460652?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35ac72a2ec#section-vehicle-glossary

An old friend. Gone to auction and now in IL. I wonder what happened?

ben916
September 16th, 2010, 04:34
I can!

I know THAT car and... what it needs :)

Nice catch Dave!

V8weight
September 16th, 2010, 04:48
Wow, nice find. I wonder how it ended up in the mid-west? It's weird that Greg never really said he was selling, he just kind of disappeared.

DHall1
September 16th, 2010, 04:52
Yes you do Ben.

There were several attempts to sell the car by word of mouth. It was somewhat of a "secret"

ben916
September 16th, 2010, 04:54
He is in Taiwan... I keep facebooking him, no answer...
Maybe he got the Aston Martin using this as trade in...???

SteveKen
September 16th, 2010, 04:55
OK, I'll bite. What does it need?

I'm assuming that it's ok to say on a public forum. Don't make me wait until after I buy it to tell me.

V8weight
September 16th, 2010, 04:59
Just general maintenance stuff. It's actually a pretty good buy for somebody willing to put a little bit of work into it (timing belt, rotors, etc.) considering it already had KW V3's.

ben916
September 16th, 2010, 05:02
I know for sure it needed:
Front Rotors,
An alignment - pulled to the right,
timing belt maybe,
passenger seat vertical lumbar roller was not connected so you could feel it hit your back when you go/stop.

It does have KWv3's, Phaeton's, 20" BBS, and SE.
There was something else that he had done but it is escaping me at the moment

At the buy now price, it is a fair deal.

SteveKen
September 16th, 2010, 05:06
Thanks. I was just kidding about purchasing it. It's a little above my budget when I intend to tear it apart and make it a 6 speed.

V8weight
September 16th, 2010, 05:10
Didn't he have a K40 or something?

ben916
September 16th, 2010, 05:10
Thanks. I was just kidding about purchasing it. It's a little above my budget when I intend to tear it apart and make it a 6 speed.

Did you see the $15k one on ebay with 137k on the clock?
It might have been a scam as the doofus barely could write the ad and would describe rather obvious things...
I will see if I can find it...

ben916
September 16th, 2010, 05:17
Didn't he have a K40 or something?

yep but the front was non-functional due to something..

V8weight
September 16th, 2010, 05:21
It might have been a scam as the doofus barely could write the ad and would describe rather obvious things...
I will see if I can find it...The one with the 6speed automatic?

SteveKen
September 16th, 2010, 05:29
I will see if I can find it...

I actually test drove that one and made and offer of $17.5k on the spot and they declined it. I told them if they still have it in a few weeks I'd give them $16k cash.

This was the car I was referring to in my post about valvetrain noise.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21414

mmaturo
September 16th, 2010, 06:59
$24K...mine is prettier.

terrytcl
September 16th, 2010, 15:38
i live 15 minutes from that location.

if anyone wants me to check it out, let me know

ben916
September 16th, 2010, 16:40
i live 15 minutes from that location.

if anyone wants me to check it out, let me know

From what I could tell from driving that car in February 2010, the only issues that should be addressed are the one's I listed.
The KWv3's with the 20" and rubber bands for tires, the ride was slightly harsh at times but some peeps might like that...

V8weight
September 17th, 2010, 03:39
http://www.audizine.com/forum/images/smilies/drool.gifhttp://www.audizine.com/forum/images/smilies/drool.gifOk I have gone and done it......I bought an RS 6http://www.audizine.com/forum/images/smilies/drool.gif, 70k miles, Daytona grey pearl, ebony, bbs rims,KWv3,SE, carbon trim, all service,, although 75k timing will be do. No pics yet, but she is listed on elite motors pending sale. Plenty of pics there. I get it next week. Can't freaking wait
Sold! To the guy on Audizine from NJ.

DHall1
September 17th, 2010, 05:22
And the saga moves to the next chapter. The car needs a full 75k service. 3500 The car needs brakes and rotors all four corners. 3000 at the dealer. The car needs an extended warranty 5000 dollars.

I hope the guy is ready.

"Hi, my name is Earl Scheib"

skribe
September 17th, 2010, 05:49
And the saga moves to the next chapter. The car needs a full 75k service. 3500 The car needs brakes and rotors all four corners. 3000 at the dealer. The car needs an extended warranty 5000 dollars...

An RS 6 hitting the torque curve? Priceless.

speedtrapped
September 17th, 2010, 15:49
was lurking on here for last week or so and saw this thread discussion that helped me seal deal...I will get all info on her and myself shortly......so excited....anyone care to tell me if they have driven this vs 07 or later s8? I have had my s* for last 6 months.....I'm addicted to Audi

ben916
September 17th, 2010, 17:05
was lurking on here for last week or so and saw this thread discussion that helped me seal deal...I will get all info on her and myself shortly......so excited....anyone care to tell me if they have driven this vs 07 or later s8? I have had my s* for last 6 months.....I'm addicted to Audi

Welcome!
I have the VIN and the Mods already, so no need to ask for that.
Please put your location, NJ, in your profile - i helps others know where you are in the world and if you need help, etc.

Ironically, aside from DuckWingDuck and the auction company, I was one of the last to drive it, in San Diego, CA.
Born2be has both an RS6 and an S8 - both are 2003, IIRC...

QUEUE Randy....

speedtrapped
September 17th, 2010, 17:05
yep, i am ready...actually the S8 is the daily driver(cpo'ed), the RS6 was a want lust(yep a want lust)....The rotors/pads, likely go to AR rotors(used him for my s8 and stoptech pads, installed $1300.00)....the warranty hmmm, if I really fall in love and rotate usage, then yes warranty. I have 5k miles to wait for full service, i say at least 6 months for that.....torque curve?, the TC was replaced @ 39kmiles, when should next? and I am fully aware she is very special, and a little old and would not be kept on the cheap....My name is Stephen Sibilia, look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

MaxRS6
September 17th, 2010, 18:39
Welcome aboard the

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/Miltanius/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg

speedtrapped
September 17th, 2010, 21:40
Thanks looking forward to being here

DHall1
September 17th, 2010, 21:59
Please accept my sincere apology for any future threadjack and or political angle I may or may not inject on your threads.

Enjoy the car! Greg was a fun member of the group and attended many local events.

I think the car needs rotors and pads very soon.

The torque curve comment was directed to the power delivery of the car when turbo boost comes on. There is nothing on the planet like a RS6 rolling into the torque curve. As for the S8 V10 vs C5 RS6.....the RS6 kills the S8 on power delivery and torque. If you flash tune the RS6 it almost cant be beat by anything on the streets.

yep, i am ready...actually the S8 is the daily driver(cpo'ed), the RS6 was a want lust(yep a want lust)....The rotors/pads, likely go to AR rotors(used him for my s8 and stoptech pads, installed $1300.00)....the warranty hmmm, if I really fall in love and rotate usage, then yes warranty. I have 5k miles to wait for full service, i say at least 6 months for that.....torque curve?, the TC was replaced @ 39kmiles, when should next? and I am fully aware she is very special, and a little old and would not be kept on the cheap....My name is Stephen Sibilia, look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

skribe
September 17th, 2010, 22:37
Welcome, friend. Make sure your car is in a proper state of tune... In other words, don't be this guy:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21214-review-of-car-after-last-drive/

DHall1
September 17th, 2010, 22:43
That was a good thread. Note to members. Dont come on here and poopoo the RS6 after you have to sell it. Keep your poopoo for the toilet because you will have your head handed to ya if you try that crap around here.

Welcome, friend. Make sure your car is in a proper state of tune... In other words, don't be this guy:

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/21214-review-of-car-after-last-drive/