PDA

View Full Version : Audi R4 or E-Tron or ... ?

AndyBG
September 13th, 2010, 00:05
What is this ... ?

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2010/09/mystery-audi-sports-coupe-spyder-r4.html

The RS6
September 13th, 2010, 15:24
Both :) :)

AndyBG
September 14th, 2010, 00:39
:))) :d :)))

tvrfan
September 14th, 2010, 01:02
why was the Etron II rwd an not quattro? because it was a concept? or will the real car also rwd? i hope not

the most sources quote that the R4 etron roadster will be rear-wheel-drive like the Etron II from detroit. . why fu....ing rwd and not quattro? i hope that the rwd will stand alone with the etron II and the real car comes with quattro. anyone has info ??? i would hate audi for doing an rwd car. i love quattro to death.

plz, has anyone a info about the R4 being quattro ???

darkop
September 14th, 2010, 10:09
why was the Etron II rwd an not quattro? because it was a concept? or will the real car also rwd? i hope not

the most sources quote that the R4 etron roadster will be rear-wheel-drive like the Etron II from detroit. . why fu....ing rwd and not quattro? i hope that the rwd will stand alone with the etron II and the real car comes with quattro. anyone has info ??? i would hate audi for doing an rwd car. i love quattro to death.

plz, has anyone a info about the R4 being quattro ???

Hahaha, ur hilarious with ur ''quattro'' thing! no worries, man - AUDI remains Quattro (never RWD)!
take care

tvrfan
September 14th, 2010, 14:22
i cant complain why audi is building concepts with rwd like the etron II. that hurts in my quattro heart.

from a guy over fourtitude.com

The e-tron 1 had 4 electro motors in each wheel making it a quattro.
I would make no sense to give the e-tron II also 4 electro motors, that's why it had only 2 motors in each rear wheel.
According to sources the e-tron II is VW BlueSport based, a transverse mid engine RWD car.
If this is the case the e-tron II (R4) will also be a transverse mid engine RWD car.
The transverse mid engine layout make it very difficult to get a axle to the front to make it a quattro (the transverse engine is in the way for it)
Further is the rear part of the e-tron II to sort for a longitudinal engine layout to create a quattro car.
And last, quattro would make it to heavy for a only 3.93m' long sports car.

But people say this concept (in the movies) have a longer front hoot/bonnet then the e-tron II seen in Detroit. ( i don't see it based on the movies)
In that case the engine can be moved to the front, and in that case it would be more in line as a TT Mk3 instead of a R4.

It remains to be seen whether this proposed MQB(ish) mid-engine setup could or would get AWD but that would certainly add weight, complexity and cost.

that really makes me said, i dont want audi to build a RWD car. :(( they are goiing to hurt themselves, what next, quattro will be replaced on all models by rwd? :(

Dear Quisha, please tell us its not true that the R4 etron or some others future audis will be RWD instead of quattro.

tvrfan
September 14th, 2010, 21:13
has noboby an info about that?

SAF
September 16th, 2010, 23:52
If it was one or the other, I think I'd rather drive a RWD TT and A3 than the FWD models. Why aren't you upset over all the FWDs?

darkop
September 30th, 2010, 10:26
And how about this?! :applause:
Just stunning...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmQNw0pDaCs&feature=channel

Pics and press release..
http://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2010-e-tron_spyder_concept/

Bravo Audi!