PDA

View Full Version : What is part # for OEM diverter valve?

twinsteve
September 11th, 2010, 22:32
Is it 034129 101?

marklar182
September 11th, 2010, 23:22
06a145710p

terrytcl
September 13th, 2010, 21:27
still got mine, need them?

twinsteve
September 14th, 2010, 00:34
still got mine, need them?

I am good for now thanks....just making my list of things to proactively replace....what do people like for DVs? APR? Forged? Upgraded Bosch?

MaxRS6
September 14th, 2010, 01:10
Don't get the APR DVs unless you want to sound like a goose under low boost pressure. APR never could resolve the issue and others report the same noise. I went with Hyperboost from Stratmosphere and the noise is gone. My less than .03 worth.

skribe
September 14th, 2010, 02:48
I like the Bosch Sport 110s from Hoppen, I think they're like 70 bucks each, but can't tell because Hoppen has the worst website in the history of websites.

http://www.hoppenmotorsport.com/BoschBypass.htm

I personally would avoid piston valves like the forge units -- slower to react, more to maintain, not necessary unless you're running over 25 psi. But some dudes like 'em, it's a matter of preference I suppose.

lswing
July 16th, 2018, 03:10
Now this is an old thread!

Put new stock DV's on as preventative maintenance, replaced what appear to be stock DV's, get goose honking sound when boost comes on under load around 2,500 rpm. Thoughts? Happens about 25% of the time.

New OEM DV is bad is my thought...or were old ones manipulated to hold more pressure?

Running about 16-17 psi, nothing crazy, but well over stock 9-10 psi.

mrdave
July 16th, 2018, 03:33
Sounds bad to me. I had the exact same sound when my PCV valve was shot.

lswing
July 18th, 2018, 15:46
Don't get the APR DVs unless you want to sound like a goose under low boost pressure.

Just for kicks, can somebody tell me why a DV would leak air and give the goose sound under LOW PRESSURE? Spring tension if I'm not correct, so shouldn't it open/leak under high pressure?

Swapping the old DV's on next week to see if the sound is gone.

Confirmed part number for my new ones, but maybe they mixed up the part and I got one for a 1.8T or something, they are all the same shape I believe, just different spring pressure.

ttboost
July 19th, 2018, 20:04
I've always used the 710N for all my Porcshe /Audi stuff. Look around...you can find them for under $50 each...NEVER had a problem with them and hadn't replaced any since I had installed them...

lswing
July 20th, 2018, 00:08
I've always used the 710N for all my Porcshe /Audi stuff. Look around...you can find them for under $50 each...NEVER had a problem with them and hadn't replaced any since I had installed them...

Thanks, yep I bought the 710p being the standard part, but it occasionally sounds like I've got a goose under the hood, and I can tell boost is a bit mucky to kick in...need to log it this weekend and find the trouble causer.

lswing
July 20th, 2018, 18:20

Interesting, reading more about it, the 710p is supposed to be the RS6 DV, upgraded from 710n with better centering of the piston. But...the 710p has a lower opening pressure, so with my car running more boost maybe it's opening too easy. Checking the old DV's to see what they were...and who knows, could just be a small vacuum leak causing the fluctuation in the DV opening correctly.

nubcake
July 20th, 2018, 20:57
DV spring rate shouldn't really be affecting your attainable boost (within reason), as they're supplied with the manifold pressure under boost to hold them shut.

lswing
July 20th, 2018, 22:21
DV spring rate shouldn't really be affecting your attainable boost (within reason), as they're supplied with the manifold pressure under boost to hold them shut.

Thanks for the info. The boost seems to get there, haven't had a chance to log data yet, it is just a bit bumpy when coming on and squawks like a goose. Leaning towards leak or faulty new DV, will take it apart next week.

lswing
July 26th, 2018, 17:13
Update, it was just a lower ic hose. The driver side Venair is formed a bit funny, not the most pleased, seems to happen every few years.

Also of note, swapped back to the old P DV valves. The new one's sold to me by Autohaus AZ have no part number on them, spring felt stiffer like an N, if that really matters.