PDA

View Full Version : KWv3 question

GBG
September 10th, 2010, 20:24
Is $2500 a good price?

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/Susptabl.jsp?autoMake=Audi&autoModel=RS6&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=With+TPMS&brand=all

Also, will I have any rubbing with 19" rims/275 tires? No rubbing with these rims with stock suspension, but KW's drop car so concerned about rubbing. Thanks

hahnmgh63
September 10th, 2010, 20:28
That's about the going price for the KWV3 kit's nowadays. I paid around $2600 two years ago for mine and it was the best price I could find then. TireRack must have only recently started carrying the KW's for the RS6, before they only had the H&R springs along with the highly recommended Hotchkis sway bars. Sorry but I can't answer your question about the 275's as I'm running stock size 255/35-19's on BBS rims.

V8weight
September 10th, 2010, 22:12
I'm running KW V3's with 19x9,5 wheels with 275-30-19's. No rubbing what so ever.

GBG
September 11th, 2010, 02:05
Excellent, thanks Pat.

snoopra
September 11th, 2010, 07:38
I paid $2080 in SEPT '09 from a seller "outside of ebay"(ebay fees are outrageous). Just contact the seller or make an offer for $2K and work from there:) You didn't hear this from me!:)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KW-V3-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-AUDI-RS6-4B-03-07-SEDAN-WAGON-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3f02c71fbeQQitemZ27062 9543870QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_3077wt_939

GBG
September 11th, 2010, 23:48
Great info, thanks Snoop.

johnnie27
September 12th, 2010, 00:15
i have the KW3 , i have not used bilsteins in the audi but have had tehm on other cars..for ease of adjustibility i would buy the bilstiens over the KW as long as they are compatible on performance

KW pain in the arse to fiddle with

johnnie

GBG
September 12th, 2010, 14:00
Johnnie, thanks for the input. That's the first negative thing I've read about KWs. If I set them once and bag the adjustability will that solve the issue? I'm looking for a stiffer ride and lower look than the stock DRC, so everyone has pointed me to the KWv3s. Plus, ever since my DRC replacement, I can't get the back down to where it should be (tried numerous dealers, no luck, so I've run out of patience and stamina). Anyway, Im still inclined to go for the KWs given all of the positive comments, but let me know if your experience has been so bad that you think it's a mistake. Thx. GBG

V8weight
September 12th, 2010, 18:53
Johnnie, thanks for the input. That's the first negative thing I've read about KWs. If I set them once and bag the adjustability will that solve the issue? I'm looking for a stiffer ride and lower look than the stock DRC, so everyone has pointed me to the KWv3s. Plus, ever since my DRC replacement, I can't get the back down to where it should be (tried numerous dealers, no luck, so I've run out of patience and stamina). Anyway, Im still inclined to go for the KWs given all of the positive comments, but let me know if your experience has been so bad that you think it's a mistake. Thx. GBG
I did the "Headshot Mods" to my car when I installed my KW's. http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/17263-KW-suspension-fitted-with-Mods..?highlight=kw+v3%27s+with+mods This way you can adjust the rebound without removing them from the car.

V8weight
September 12th, 2010, 22:04
Edit: (why is the window of opportunity to go back and edit your posts so short?) Adjusting the height and compression is easy (requires removing the wheels unless you're unreasonably thin), but the headshot mod is the only way to adjust the rebound without un-installing the coil overs. In all reality, there's no reason to ever go back and adjust them if you get the right settings upon installation. I used the recommended bump (compression) settings, and 1 click firmer rebound in the front, and the recommended rebound settings in the rear. Perfect. Believe me, I tried every setting there is. Height of coarse is subjective. I run 13.25" front and 13.5" rear measured from the center of the hub to the fender lip.

johnnie27
September 13th, 2010, 01:00

well if you like to tinker and tweak, do some drive days (track stuff) and some road stuff..i find that my track setting make the car somewhat unpleasently stiff on our roads..(anything off the fwy) i have never had a car with coil overs that have been so difficult to adjust that is all i am saying...some state it aint that hard...but i dont have dental mirrors , nor am i cutting holes in places , so for me i have to take the struts out of the car, then test the settings, them take them out again if you are still not happy..and repeat if nessesary..on my EVO this compression bump and rebound takes seconds on my DMS coil overs, if you just wish to use the recommended setiing to have a lowered look and nice ride, then yes the are brilliant .. however i have read on this forum that the bilstein PSS9 (from memory) will let you do the same , and also adjust them with ease (again this is just hear say i have not used or seen them in person) if anyone can help me with adjusting my KW3 at home i'd love to know any tricks , bear in mind i am upside down in australia my brain is in my ass most of the time..