PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on C5 RS6 vs. C6 S6?

Cakes
September 10th, 2010, 19:22
Prices are getting close on the two (sort of) and i'm trying to decide between the two. I have not driven both but would love to hear what you guys think. TIA

4everRS
September 10th, 2010, 20:03
C6 has the technology and comfort. C5 has the rocketship acceleration, and all-round performance.

Cakes
September 25th, 2010, 17:19
So (correct me if i'm wrong here), these are the lower end of the prices I guess:

$30k = fairly low mile good condition RS6 plus a good warranty

OR

$35k = a C6 S6

OR

$35k = E60 M5

I'm not crazy about the looks of the inside or outside of the M5 but it's fast and drives great. But it's not AWD which is good and bad. I would imagine the RS6 would have the highest likelyhood of being unreliable (spending time in the shop).

DHall1
September 25th, 2010, 19:47
Yes on all points.

Drive the cars and buy the one that works for ya

So (correct me if i'm wrong here), these are the lower end of the prices I guess:

$30k = fairly low mile good condition RS6 plus a good warranty

OR

$35k = a C6 S6

OR

$35k = E60 M5

I'm not crazy about the looks of the inside or outside of the M5 but it's fast and drives great. But it's not AWD which is good and bad. I would imagine the RS6 would have the highest likelyhood of being unreliable (spending time in the shop).

skribe
September 25th, 2010, 23:39
RS 6 is far more rewarding to drive.

S6 looks a lot newer and will impress dumb people.

Elevens
September 26th, 2010, 01:38
Depends on your Priority's. Mine is the Shear Brute performance, the Stability of AWD(Driving home the other day in a torrential downpour, the car felt like it was on dry pavement) and the extremely aggressive look this car can attain if set up correctly. Obviously I am referring to the RS6. While the C6 is a more modern car it cannot achieve all of my above requirements. The BMW achieves none. Maybe performance, I really don't know. But any rate this is how I look at things and wouldn't have it any other way. Just my 2 cents.........

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz237/vintron/Coilover%20Install/P1010240.jpg

snoopra
September 26th, 2010, 05:38
I see you changed your plate Elevens:), maybe you'll get a little more action:)

Elevens
September 26th, 2010, 15:35
Yea Snoop, that plate really was from my old A6 2.7T. So I merely transfered it over to this car. I had applied for a "BEAST" plate, but this is the best I could get. Any increase in road challenges? No, just more respect.

F1 Dad
September 27th, 2010, 22:51
Prices are getting close on the two (sort of) and i'm trying to decide between the two. I have not driven both but would love to hear what you guys think. TIA

I'd pick the RS6 again.

JSRS6
September 27th, 2010, 23:57
I'd pick the RS6 again.

Amen Brutha!

DHall1
September 28th, 2010, 00:10
I may sell the E55 time bomb and buy another RS6 for the wife. Its that or a mint Allroad. I just hate the Allroad two tone interior.

In Portland last week and saw a sweet AR with RS6 style 9 spokes and lowered. It was pure class.

JRS-RS6
September 28th, 2010, 01:31
I may sell the E55 time bomb and buy another RS6 for the wife. Its that or a mint Allroad. I just hate the Allroad two tone interior.

In Portland last week and saw a sweet AR with RS6 style 9 spokes and lowered. It was pure class.

Hey Dave, Was that the black 4.2 with like 50k on it?

DHall1
September 28th, 2010, 02:27
Nope. We were headed downtown across from Rose district and I passed him. Atlas gray 2.7tt with painted fenter flares. The suspension was on low setting or he did the Vag trick to lower more and it had a set of OEM looking RS6 style 9 spokes. I was ready to cut across 3 lanes of traffic and make an offer on the spot.

Is there a Black 4.2 for sale up there? At first I wanted the 4.2 but Pat told me about the wacky timing chain issues and the cam follower problems. No way do I want an Allroad with the later model 4.2 engine.

Scottsdale Audi has a mint looking Allroad in stock. I may run up there this week. Only problem is that its that "brown" color. Still, I can drive it and get the feel of a low mileage example.

Hey Dave, Was that the black 4.2 with like 50k on it?

tshvacrs6
September 28th, 2010, 02:37
How do I post on here

JRS-RS6
September 28th, 2010, 07:38
Dave that may be this one guy from work he has a nice looking AR 2.7TT but the low suspension is not a VAG trick time for new struts in his case. He is the one that brought up the black 4.2 said it was on Craigslist locally. Never really checked any further because I remember Pat making the same comments.

DHall1
September 28th, 2010, 07:51
Yep, there is really no way to cure the problem. The newer 4.2's have a crappy rear mounted timing chain that blows up after 80k or so and there goes the motor.

I will take our 35k timing belt service all day before buying one of those time bombs. The 2.7tt has plenty of potential and long term service history.

Dave they be this one guy from work he has a nice looking AR 2.7TT but the low suspension is not a VAG trick time for new struts in his case. He is the one brought up the black 4.2 said it was on Craigslist locally. Never really checked any further because I remember Pat making the same comments.

grambler
September 28th, 2010, 09:15
I don't know but I prefer my RS6 over most of the cars today. With the RNS-E the navigation is far better than with the new MMI-Systems (at least the one I know from the A6).
The poweroutput from the RS6 is just freaking awesome, it has a lot of potential to upgrade and is a nice car to look at.
It's no problem to visit clients with the car as it is just a boring old Audi Avant, and if you show the key in public it's just an old Audi and nothing more - and that's great about it.

The sound of the S6 with a sport exhaust is awesome, yes - but it looks just like a standard A6 2.0 TDI with Sline, except it got a V10 planted in front of it.