PDA

View Full Version : Mann Oil Filters

Gustaf
September 9th, 2010, 19:28
Is anyone using Mann oil filters or just the Audi filters? My beast is just about due for an oil change.
Thanks!

snoopra
September 9th, 2010, 20:21
I'm currently using Amsoil and have a BND for the next oil change.

JSRS6
September 9th, 2010, 20:45
Bnd oil and filter. Git-r-done!

V8weight
September 9th, 2010, 22:53
Bnd oil and filter. Git-r-done!
I've always used Mann filters in my car, but on a side note, you were able to get the BND oil filter to fit? Mine wouldn't thread on, so I went back to my trusty Mann filter.

DHall1
September 9th, 2010, 23:12
Stock or Mann oil filter for me.

skribe
September 9th, 2010, 23:33
I use OEM for reasons of warranty paranoia. If you ever have some sort of catastrophic failure, you wouldn't want to give your warranty holder the loophole of a non-spec part in a critical role...

I don't believe a Mann is inferior to stock, but like I said, paranoia.

Is it just me or do people seem to have issues with BND filters? Maybe someone could get on the phone with Brian for three hours and have him explain. :hihi:

JSRS6
September 9th, 2010, 23:36
I didn't get it threaded on the first try, my hand all up in her blind-like. But then I looked up in there and positioned it correctly and it threaded right on.

DHall1
September 9th, 2010, 23:53
Yes, yes and below the belt. haha

I would never run the BND filter for the same reasons you listed. Plus, I have seen the construction and end cap of the stock filter.

A funny story. Back when I was building up my Toyota Supra and Celica turbo's. I imported a case of Japan spec and made oil filters for each car because Toyota USA went the cheap route with a 3 dollar US made oil filter. Why? To keep oil change prices down in their dealerships. Idiots. The US made filters were a POS and the Japan made filters cost 4x but were 10x the quality.

Oh no, 50% Toyota content in the RS6 thread. I wonder how many will complain PC to Erik?

I use OEM for reasons of warranty paranoia. If you ever have some sort of catastrophic failure, you wouldn't want to give your warranty holder the loophole of a non-spec part in a critical role...

Is it just me or do people seem to have issues with BND filters? Maybe someone could get on the phone with Brian for three hours and have him explain. :hihi:

hahnmgh63
September 10th, 2010, 02:56
Mann is one of the OEM suppliers. I buy mine from www.germanfilters.com (http://www.germanfilters.com) by the case. The same oil filter fits the RS6 and my tt.

4everRS
September 10th, 2010, 03:08
LOL . Just yesterday I talked to him for almost 2 hours. Granted, more was discussed than his products, but I don't know where he finds time to run a business. Ordered Oil and Aces. No filter. I had a Mann on the shelf. Oddly excited to have oil coming in the mail. Is that wierd?