PDA

View Full Version : Service in ATL??

twinsteve
August 31st, 2010, 21:00
Anyone have opinions on best place to take RS6 in Atlanta area? Dealer-wise, there is Gwinnett and 2 Jim Ellis locations, and then there are 3-4 indy shops that specialize in German cars (Bavarian Import, Ringtec Atlanta, etc.)

Would really like to develop a relationship with someone that has actual real-world experience working on RS6

MJR964
September 12th, 2010, 06:26
I've only been to one, Jim Ellis in Marietta for the last two years. That is, if you don't count the dealer here in Chattanooga who told me before I bought the car that they could work on it(even after talking face-to-face with the service manager). A year later, when they were half way into the 55k service, they called and said that AOA told them to stop, put it back together, and never touch it again since they weren't RS6 Certified. Oh well, Jim Ellis has experience on our cars, better hours, and better loaners than Chattanooga. IIRC, the recommended RS6 tech in atl moved to JE Marietta a couple years ago. The only problem I had with them was an alignment that didn't fix the inside front cording of the tires after only 4k miles. The Porsche dealer here seemed to have gotten it right since I've put another 8k on it without seeing any uneven wear.

StevieG.
September 23rd, 2010, 18:47
I have been to Nalley in Roswell, mixed feelings. Any suggestions for someone who really knows these cars that could do some modifications like KW's? Getting really tired of the DRC.....

twinsteve
September 23rd, 2010, 19:20
I have been to Nalley in Roswell, mixed feelings. Any suggestions for someone who really knows these cars that could do some modifications like KW's? Getting really tired of the DRC.....

Go check out Ringtec, which is literally across the street from Nalley in Roswell...Paul owns the shop and is a solid guy who knows Audis...I just took my newly acquired RS6 for a once-over from him and he spent an hour with me, ran codes etc ...and didn't charge anything

StevieG.
September 23rd, 2010, 19:28
Thanks twin - I live in Sandy Springs, would love to grab a coffee sometime and check out your beast.

twinsteve
September 23rd, 2010, 19:41
Thanks twin - I live in Sandy Springs, would love to grab a coffee sometime and check out your beast.

Yes, lets do! I live intown (VaHi) and work downtown, but let's meet up soon...I have only had my RS6 for about a month, and other than 35% ceramic tint I had put on, it is bone stock