PDA

View Full Version : audi nr.1 premium car maker until 2015??? not for me!

tvrfan
August 30th, 2010, 10:25
audi lacks in engine devoplement, engines are outdated compared to bmw and mercedes, petrol and diesels. transmission sucks, dsg not for high powered rs models like rs6 or future rs7, because of torque limiting 500 nm. cant audi build a dsg that can handle more torque, or is this to expensive? whats with the engines? no 300 hp diesel, the 240hp 3.0 tdi is outdated to the mercedes 265hp 620nm diesel and bmw 530d 245 hp (future 250hp). why gehts the A7 3.0 tdi 245hp and not 250 hp like the A8? wheres the logic??????????

darkop
August 30th, 2010, 10:51
well it's all down to the marketing! 3.0 tdi with VGT in A7 is kept at 245PS since the introduction of twin turbo 3.0tdi at 300PS is very close, by the end of year; they probably wanted to keep bigger distinction between them! So it's not really who is more advanced or less, but current focus of their R&D, strategies,etc.(remember, AUDI is working very hard on expanding their model range).
best
d

Toto89
August 30th, 2010, 11:23
I'm very sure about that Audi is now far ahead before BMW. Not completely sure about Mercedes, their new 5.5 V8 looks impressive on paper but let's see in reality. Audi has recently decreased the inner friction of engines in new A7&A8 which leads to significant decrease in consumption as well. Don't worry about Audi, i believe they know what they do and also don't forget about a thing: Audi has always built cars for real life conditions, usability is the key. What does a perfect engine worth when you don't have the AWD and consumpts more than an Audi even with rear wheel drive? No use at all.

Regards,
Tom