PDA

View Full Version : RS6 6 speed Manual Swap Update CAR RUNNING!!!! With Sneak peak ER RS6 intercoolers

Matt@ravenms
August 30th, 2010, 09:36
Just finished the Car and made some videos, sorry but they're Crappy Iphone videos. Should make some better ones soon. But for now this is All i got....

BTW I used a Stock clutch, and it slips pretty Badly, way too much power. SO, I'm getting a stage 4 on Tuesday and going to install it over the week. There were a lot of things that needed to be modified to make the complete swap work correctly. Again as before in other post, i did not use ANY adapter plate nor aftermarket parts Other then flywheel/pressure plate/dics which was a giving. I have stock oem Starter and everything else.... Car starts and drives fine.... Even with Clutch slipping it's still pretty damn quick. So far logged 100 miles on car, 3 doughnuts, and much more to come!!!!

So far mods on car are Manual 01E 6 speed w Alum flywheel, Tuned ECU(chipped), piggys, and removed radiators behind Intercoolers AND for Test fitting and prototyping ER intercoolers :) Sneak peak :hihi: Hope you like!

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/raven83302/IMG00153-20100823-1718.jpg

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/raven83302/IMG00156-20100823-1731.jpg

http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac154/raven83302/IMG00157-20100823-1736.jpg

Thanks for Following the swap, PM me if your interested in Getting swap Done :race:
Here's youtube links

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYCGbVfV258

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq1jpJ1mxlo

Excuse the interior of the Car. wasnt concern on finishing trim pieces or Airbag LOL BTW that's a R8 steering wheel:hahahehe:

MaxRS6
August 30th, 2010, 12:56
Congrats on the progress, and good luck with the continued success!

ben916
August 30th, 2010, 17:51
Awesome!!!!

FINALLY, no more slipping slush box!

BTW, where are you located? nevermind, found ya!

JSRS6
August 30th, 2010, 19:11
Does the steering wheel work with the radio?

gooseleg
August 30th, 2010, 19:29
Is that a secondary speedo cable on the video?

snoopra
August 30th, 2010, 20:02
Great follow up post! So no adapters, custom starter needed? I hope you'll share the wealth!

Matt@ravenms
August 30th, 2010, 20:06
Awesome!!!!

FINALLY, no more slipping slush box!

BTW, where are you located? nevermind, found ya!

I'm located near Downtown Long Beach off 710 n PCH.

Does the steering wheel work with the radio?

i dont think it does... havent mess w that yet, was focused on getting car driving first....

Is that a secondary speedo cable on the video?

Haha No that's the Shifter interlock for old Shifter from Auto.... the cable that makes you be in park to take key out of ignition. just didnt remove it complete yet...

Matt@ravenms
August 30th, 2010, 20:21
Great follow up post! So no adapters, custom starter needed? I hope you'll share the wealth!

No adapter, and no custom Starter. I'm using all Factory parts(Minus Clutch assembly). There is a lot of fabrication to be done to get everything bolted up, exhaust fitting and working correctly. I don't think this is a Job to do in someones garage.

snoopra
August 30th, 2010, 21:18
Maybe the "PAT CAVE"?:)

V8weight
August 30th, 2010, 23:25
Maybe the "PAT CAVE"?:)
Haha, not while I still have warranty left. ;)

Aronis
August 31st, 2010, 00:41
Haha, not while I still have warranty left. ;)
yes, I hear you!

scottmandu
August 31st, 2010, 02:26
No adapter, and no custom Starter. I'm using all Factory parts(Minus Clutch assembly). There is a lot of fabrication to be done to get everything bolted up, exhaust fitting and working correctly. I don't think this is a Job to do in someones garage.

You're failing to omit the modifications you have to do to the engine block (drilling holes etc.) and the omission of at least half the bolts that hold the engine to the transmission.

Good to hear it's running.

TozoM8
August 31st, 2010, 03:07
Cool conversion, congrats! you can just wire tie the ignition lock cable and roll it up behind the dash, that's what I did.

Matt@ravenms
August 31st, 2010, 03:17
Cool conversion, congrats! you can just wire tie the ignition lock cable and roll it up behind the dash, that's what I did.

I'm going to remove it, we finished the car at 7 in the morning...just got real lazy and wanted to drive the car. Just kids in candy store really :)

Matt@ravenms
August 31st, 2010, 03:31
You're failing to omit the modifications you have to do to the engine block (drilling holes etc.) and the omission of at least half the bolts that hold the engine to the transmission.

Good to hear it's running.

Why the negativity??? I'm not failing to admit any modifications. There was another post that stated everything that I did, I'm not hiding the truth. I'm Missing one bolt... The Same Bolt That is missing on SteveKen Adapter kit... The upper left hand bolt at the 10:30 positon. every other bolt going from Trans thou spacer to engine is there. I have 7 out of 8. As for the lower oil pan area I have 1 out of 2. Even tho the starter area on the engine is slightly grinded down... Car starts with factory Starter, not aftermarket. So ever start feels and Sounds like the original car. I trust OEM over aftermarket any day.

At the end of the day, The car RUNS and Drives great.... Should have been like this from factory. Damn Audi.. :)

TozoM8
August 31st, 2010, 03:43
7 bolts is plenty enough. You also have two dowel pins. The Cadillac northstar has 4 bell housing bolts.

Matt@ravenms
August 31st, 2010, 03:52
7 bolts is plenty enough. You also have two dowel pins. The Cadillac northstar has 4 bell housing bolts.

Yea, I've been working on B5 S4 forever and I've seen guys only running like 6 upper and no lower bolts on oil pan. These are GTRS 2.7T cars making well over 700HP. so if they can handle the Power i think were Good.

Yes, I notice that the adapter kit Steveken has doesn't reuse the Dowel pins, as for me. I'm using both dowel pins. Not to dis the kit Steve.... Very good idea. Just not what I ended up doing

Like I said, Big smile on my face as for the owner too...:incar:

Was just curious if anyone interested in Getting there RS6 Converted? Taking appointments now...:jlol:

ben916
August 31st, 2010, 04:18
Matt,

I don't know about everyone else but I think it is awesome!

questions:
1. How long did it take?
2. How long would it take for the conversion?
3. Are you sourcing the parts/trans?
4. How does this effect aftermarket ECU tunes? I am thinking it gets tossed out with your..
5. The BOTTOM LINE.....$
6. Warranty?

DHall1
August 31st, 2010, 04:40
I remember that prev post. You showed the modifications needed. +1 for you.

Why the negativity??? I'm not failing to admit any modifications. There was another post that stated everything that I did, I'm not hiding the truth. I'm Missing one bolt... The Same Bolt That is missing on SteveKen Adapter kit... The upper left hand bolt at the 10:30 positon. every other bolt going from Trans thou spacer to engine is there. I have 7 out of 8. As for the lower oil pan area I have 1 out of 2. Even tho the starter area on the engine is slightly grinded down... Car starts with factory Starter, not aftermarket. So ever start feels and Sounds like the original car. I trust OEM over aftermarket any day.

At the end of the day, The car RUNS and Drives great.... Should have been like this from factory. Damn Audi.. :)

SteveKen
August 31st, 2010, 05:24
I'm glad to see you finally got it running and driving. I can remember when the first posts came out and can attest to how long these things can take to come to fruition.

I'm still not sure how you have the 01E attached to the lower section of the block,or made up for the thickness of the spacer, but we can debate the engineering at another time or thread. Congrats.

You might not be able to have an opinion until you get your new clutch, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts of the 2.7T transmission gearing. Do you think the car would be better served with different trans gearing?

On a side note, I've decided to give up the search for a beast with a bad motor or transmission and just find a reasonably priced RS6. Yes, I'm going to tear apart a perfectly good RS6.

p3u
August 31st, 2010, 05:31
I'm glad to see you finally got it running and driving. I can remember when the first posts came out and can attest to how long these things can take to come to fruition.

I'm still not sure how you have the 01E attached to the lower section of the block,or made up for the thickness of the spacer, but we can debate the engineering at another time or thread. Congrats.

You might not be able to have an opinion until you get your new clutch, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts of the 2.7T transmission gearing. Do you think the car would be better served with different trans gearing?

On a side note, I've decided to give up the search for a beast with a bad motor or transmission and just find a reasonably priced RS6. Yes, I'm going to tear apart a perfectly good RS6.

Mine is for sale now. :)

Matt@ravenms
August 31st, 2010, 07:00

I think I mention this a while back. I'm using the stock 2.7T spacer in between engine and trans.
I'll check on the gearing.. So far the car drives just like a 2.7T on steroids:hahahehe: