PDA

View Full Version : Rear side sunshades

twinsteve
August 30th, 2010, 03:00
I know these were part of warm weather package, but could they also have been added by dealer? I ask since I have the two side and one rear shade, but it appears that rear shade is manual (no button for it next to ESP) AND it looks like dealer (or someone) screwed up mounting points on one of the side screens and had to drill another set of holes for the anchors...

Anyone heard of dealer installing these?

snoopra
August 30th, 2010, 03:04
Any pics?

twinsteve
August 30th, 2010, 03:06
Any pics?

will get some up...just got the car today, so going over with a fine tooth comb for things that need attention

snoopra
August 30th, 2010, 03:08
Good enough, also, you should add your location to your profile.

hahnmgh63
August 30th, 2010, 03:25
Do you have the solar sunroof? The solar sunroof came with the sunshades. If you don't have it then someone obviously attempted a sunshade install.

twinsteve
August 30th, 2010, 03:30
no solar sunroof...as I guessed...either dealer or prior owner did it....got 2 of the 3 shades fine, but kinda butchered one of them....

ben916
August 30th, 2010, 06:31
part number for "roller blind motor" if you don't already have it:
4B0 959 733

MaxRS6
August 30th, 2010, 12:48
...just got the car today, so going over with a fine tooth comb for things that need attention

Welcome aboard the

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/Miltanius/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg

clark2334
November 11th, 2010, 03:31
hahnmgh63 wrote:
Do you have the solar sunroof? The solar sunroof came with the sunshades (http://www.jcwhitney.com/sunshades/c2786j1s17.jcwx). If you don't have it then someone obviously attempted a sunshade install.

Right! Most of the solar sunroof already has sunshades with them. When i bought my car the previous owner removed the sunroof, dunno why... so, i'm thinking of putting a new sunroof because sunshades alone is not enough to cool the temperature inside a vehicle when exposed in the sun the whole day,

ben916
November 11th, 2010, 05:47
Right! Most of the solar sunroof already has sunshades with them. When i bought my car the previous owner removed the sunroof, dunno why... so, i'm thinking of putting a new sunroof because sunshades alone is not enough to cool the temperature inside a vehicle when exposed in the sun the whole day,

Welcome!!!

Queue MaxRS6... again!

Two first posters in one thread!
If someone needs the part number for the shades, i believe I have that bookmarked at work (that is assuming that ETKA has the proper part numbers...)