PDA

View Full Version : Time it takes to reach 200 degrees of oil temperature

cmore
August 26th, 2010, 19:44
I've noticed that the car will not boost over 12psi when the oil temperature is below the 200 degree mark. I normally wait till it is up to 200 degrees before driving it hard, but sometimes it seems to take almost 10 minutes of driving to get it up to 200. As I approach 200 degrees, the turbos finally start to boost higher and higher until the peak of 14-15 when it is fully warm.

I do not know if the ECU is controlling the boost below 200 degrees or if it is something physical.

This is starting to explain why when I would go test out my previous boost problem, that it seemed like it wouldn't go above 12psi. During the test, I would drive 5 minutes around the roads before trying to pull to log the boost levels. None of those times did I drive around for 10 minutes before doing a log. This could be part of the explanation about why I thought it wasn't completely boosting up to chipped levels.

I do think the MAF was dirty or had something on it as I remember on long trips still not boosting above 12psi. Since I know everything is fine now, I've noticed the boost levels correlate to the oil temperature.

Thanks,
Chris