PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want Lip Spoilers??

HeadShot
August 26th, 2010, 17:14
I need numbers before i get them molded - if i don't clear my costs it wont happen.

They will be solid plastic / unpainted
You could stick them to the car although i recommend screwing them on from the back.
This requires pulling the bumper to get access to get the screws in.
Hardware included and instructions on how to position the holes to set the screws in.
$ 260 shipped

If theres enough interest they will be done in 3 weeks hopefully.

covertw12
August 26th, 2010, 17:20
I'd love a set...... also very interested in how you did the hood vents.... haven't found that thread yet - do you have a link to it, or can you elaborate?

Thanks !

E

p3u
August 27th, 2010, 05:54
How about selling that hood of yours? :)

Spidercat
August 28th, 2010, 01:16
I'll order a set, HeadShot.
I'm very satisfied w/my Cupra lip, but if/when that gets toasted, I'll put these on.
That's a really good price, esp. since almost no one makes a quality aftermarket front lip for our cars. My lip has held up well since it's ABS and my car isn't lowered, but I really like the aggressive look of yours. Really appreciate all the work you put into them.
Opportunity knocks but once...

dwarfboy
August 28th, 2010, 05:37
I'd love to get complete instructions on how to do the hood vents.

JRS-RS6
August 29th, 2010, 22:49
Me too -- seriously these look very interesting when can they be ready?

HeadShot
August 30th, 2010, 02:44
Maybe 3 weeks. I have the numbers so i'll get the wheels in motion. Will let all know when i get the first batch done.

N.

Oh... Just cut the perfectly good rear bumper up. Now i have to finish that end also. May do some extras if it turns out as i hope. Fingers crossed.
p3u ... i always wanted to do one more hood. If your serious maybe we can sort something out. i'll run the numbers and let ya know.

p3u
August 30th, 2010, 07:05
Very serious about the hood, heck, I've been asking for one since you first posted it! :) let me know what you think.

SAF
August 31st, 2010, 17:46
I'd be interested as well. Thanks for doing this!

A couple of questions:

Plastic? What type?
How much will it weigh?
How will it ship (+ est. cost)?

HeadShot
August 31st, 2010, 18:12
polyurethane
Won't know about weight till the first run is done. They need to be solid to secure with screws from behind (will probably fit Delrin plugs at the screw points also) Tape is not recommended so if your serious about getting a set think about the bumper.
I am really trying to stick with the price of $260 and thats shipped.
I am not trying to make a killing on these but will need to cover costs. If it turns out they are more it shouldn't be much - but i'm trying to keep it at $260. Fingers crossed. I'll know when the first sets are done, how much i need to do with them - plugs etc or if the polyurethane will be solid enough to support screws with stripping out.
Will post more in 3 weeks when the first few are done.
H.S

SAF
August 31st, 2010, 18:33
Sounds good, thanks.

Stephencl
October 17th, 2010, 03:11
What ever happened to this project?

as350
October 17th, 2010, 14:41
I realize I'm kinda late to the party, but if you're still taking orders I will take a set.

garbi
October 19th, 2010, 17:02
hi
i will also take a set please.
can you arrange for shipping to south africa ?
fed ex / ups.
i'm ok with the extra costs.

thanks garbi

I need numbers before i get them molded - if i don't clear my costs it wont happen.

They will be solid plastic / unpainted
You could stick them to the car although i recommend screwing them on from the back.
This requires pulling the bumper to get access to get the screws in.
Hardware included and instructions on how to position the holes to set the screws in.
$ 260 shipped

If theres enough interest they will be done in 3 weeks hopefully.

mi021le
October 20th, 2010, 21:04
hey headshot, im with p3u. im interested in the hood. :-) let me know if u can.

HeadShot
October 27th, 2010, 00:07
spoiler follow up.
Srry guys... i just got swamped there for awhile. Spoiler update - mold made: just one side to test run and save me some money if it didn't work out well. Cast in a plastic resin and it was way to heavy. Sanded up great and is VERY strong but just too heavy. It needs some strength to screw into (this is the best way to fit them - no car is exactly the same so bolting trim on always pills everything together nicely unlike the stick on ricer kits..
So options.. now i have one cast my glass guy will work on a mold and maybe turn them out - complicated two piece that all needs to be pulled together with plugs for the screw ins. Ugg
Or maybe drill out the cast peice as much as possible leaving screw points and use expanding foam to fill the space left to keep water and crap out and clean up the back. Time consuming but possible.

And ofcourse i keep messing with the rear bumper project.
Long story short - im invested in this project and it will get to production if i can help it but not till after xmas i'd say. (will be out of the country for the next month )
Apologies to all for the massive delay on this.
kind regards
N

(On the hood - not till i get these lip spoilers done and the rear bumper mod - then maybe)

speedtrapped
October 27th, 2010, 03:43
I'm in when they are ready