PDA

View Full Version : How many use BND fluids? Pros? Cons?

2TURBOV8
August 24th, 2010, 00:54
I spoke to Brian from BND automotive the other night for a couple of hours, and sure learned a lot. These Quantum Blue Fluids sound really awesome, especially the transmission fluid. Sounds almost to good to be true. If you use these fluids already, tell me what you think. Thanks!!

Eric :incar:

snoopra
August 24th, 2010, 02:22
Haven't used the trans fluid as yet, but the ACES IV works magic on the fuel system.

4everRS
August 24th, 2010, 02:55
I have the trans fluid and it works fine. I mean I never had any kind of a problem to begin with, but wanted to use the best fluid money could buy. I have the MTM chip as well. The shifting is crisp and clean. I too talked to Brian for a while (not 2 hrs) and liked what I heard for him. First the audi fluid was drained, and simply pumped the BND in the trans without filter change. The fluid that came out looked very good (I liked that). Then a while later, the BND was drained, and refilled with new stuff as well as a filter and gasket. This way it was completely cycled through the trans and converter.

I like the passion that Brian has for what he does. He seems to genuinely care about producing a superior product. I am not one to go endorsing products, but I will continue to buy BND unless I am proved wrong. As of right now, I am happy.

V8weight
August 24th, 2010, 03:17
I'm sorry, I hate to be "that guy", but I have quite a few responses in this thread about my impressions of BND's various products. There's a wealth of BND info here.
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20086-BND-Automotive-oils-fuel-additives-coolant-ect

hahnmgh63
August 24th, 2010, 04:06
Another happy Aces IV customer. I just finished up my first gallon of it and ordered a case of 4 gallons in order to get a 10% discount. Thinking about some of there other oils as I have been a long time Redline user (which from the specs have always surpassed any other fluid out there), and wondering if anyone can do better. I use the Pentosin Coolant with Redline Waterwetter so I'm not sure what I will do there. I use the Aces IV in my RS6, tt, 911, & CBR1000FF.

DHall1
August 24th, 2010, 05:17
4 gallons of Aces?

Party at hahnmgh63s house!

Do any of you realize that Quantum Blue oils are not synthetic? Have you read the process and understand the very low amount of fillers/solvents in the QB oils? fillers and solvents are volatile. Do you all want volatile compounds in your oil?

I use Aces IV in all our cars and II for diesel in our motorhome. The best products on the planet.

My order is in for the trans fluid and when the time comes I will go with Qblue oils in the engine. I will also add the PS fluid conditioner but may not run the coolant. The Audi stuff is good.

Golf Galaxy is closing all the stores in AZ and TX. Its a sad day when golf stores start to close. snif, snif.

Another happy Aces IV customer. I just finished up my first gallon of it and ordered a case of 4 gallons in order to get a 10% discount. Thinking about some of there other oils as I have been a long time Redline user (which from the specs have always surpassed any other fluid out there), and wondering if anyone can do better. I use the Pentosin Coolant with Redline Waterwetter so I'm not sure what I will do there. I use the Aces IV in my RS6, tt, 911, & CBR1000FF.

AudiRS4ever
August 24th, 2010, 14:54
I use it. Very happy. Still not sure if I'm going to switch to QB motor oil, as I currently run Red Line and am very happy with that oil. Every other fluid that comes out of that car (whether intended or not) is getting switched with QB.

hahnmgh63
August 24th, 2010, 21:25
I've never talked to Brian about his oils. I didn't realize they weren't synthetic. I thought on of the big advantages of synthetics was the stability of the molecules so not as much additives, VI's, etc.. needed to be added which is one big reason why they are more heat resistant and resistant to viscosity breakdown.

covertw12
August 24th, 2010, 21:37
I just ordered a complete kit for my new car.... hope it's all it's cracked up to be.

GEN XER
August 24th, 2010, 22:36
QuantumBlue(TM) Lubricant Oils are the ultimate leap beyond any lubricant oils available at any price. They are formulated using a highly refined sweet crude mineral base that is hydrotreated, hydrocracked, and regenerated over and over and over again to produce a synthetic size molecule but out of mineral base stock. All the reactive hydrocarbons are taken out of the oil. We take a 6' x 6' steel panel and heat it up to 600 Deg F and splash basestock on it for 24 hours. If there is any measurable hydrocarbons on the panel, the batch is sent back for more regeneration.
Once the base stock passes our tests, it is then so pure that in the 25,000 gallon holding tank, it is as clear as water. It is a synthetic characteristic mineral that maintains pumpability, wearability, and oxidation stability like the traditional synthetics, but is friendly on your seals and it's soluability to hold your additive packages in suspension are extremely good.
This is the oil that we call Mineral Synthesis base stock. Mineral Synthesis(TM) premium oil base stock exceeds ALL the latest API specifications. The oil is then blended with special proprietary molecular shear, viscosity, and anti-wear technology designed for severe military and space applications.
Wear on all surfaces is effectively reduced by up to 90% with simultaneous reduction of friction by up to or greater than 40% compared with regular petroleum, synthetic, or 50/50 petroleum-synthetic blends. In engines, piston ring seal is maximized in the oil from below the piston for virtually no blow-by.
Special friction modifiers in the transmission formula allows friction where it is applicable while greatly reducing wear and friction which generate heat. Differential lubricants are blended to stop sling and bearing cavitation and starvation. Tested to over 380 MPH. Drain intervals are determined by oil analysis not the marketing dept!! (Analysis kits are available for a cost of 20.00 per kit - analyzes 1 oil change)
This Asparity filling property creates a property on surfaces of working mechanical parts. The property is introduced through chemistry to provide far greater anti-wear capabilities than the original surface of sliding, turning and meshing parts.
" QuantumBlue Catalysts;" were developed for the Rocket Industry and Military applications requiring molecular shear and viscosity stability parameters that have to perform far beyond any other known lubricants. This technology has resulted in a "breakthrough" in wear reduction of up to 90% and friction reduction of up to or greater than 40% beyond traditional lubricating oils mineral or synthetic. With greatly reduced thermal and viscosity breakdown, working surfaces of the mechanical parts can last up to 10 times longer than their normal life span.
One of the characteristics that QuantumBlue Lubricants exhibit is thermal and shear viscosity stability well beyond even combustion temperatures. This means that in engines piston seal is assured in all 4 strokes instead of just 3! In 2 stroke applications, the catalyst is not burned off on either stroke.
In transmissions, differentials, and hydraulic systems like power steering, the oils do not breakdown under heat which extend the life of those lubricants 2-3 times. Another characteristic of QuantumBlue Lubricants is a process that under heat pressure and stress produces a property that fills the asparities (hills and valleys on the surface of metal parts) and allows a tighter retention of oil.

QuantumBlue's chemistry reacts to the surface of the metal parts UNDER WEAR PRESSURE and modifies the metal surface without annealing it. The resulting proprietary process creates anti-wear, anti-friction, and molecular shear and viscosity stability properties on and between the mating surfaces of the metal parts.
In addition, QuantumBlue's asparity filling capabilities are able to surface react to worn metal parts without disassembly. For example, in auto engines, the reactive process results in improved compression for increased horsepower, torque, fuel economy, and reduced motor oil contamination and usage.
The chemicals combined in QuantumBlue Lubricants react at the surfaces of rubbing parts where pressure is exerted on those parts as they are forced against each other. The elevated temperature and pressure combine to produce the new benefits.
When QuantumBlue Lubricants are used in new mechanical equipment, its wear reducing capabilities are able to perform from the very beginning of the machine's life. The result:
Maximum extended life span and continuous maximum performance throughout that extended life span.
If QuantumBlue Lubricants are introduced after wear has occurred, it results in increased mechanical performance by creating uniform properities on worn surfaces to increase and stabilize performance. The modification of the surfaces reduces spacing between the mating parts (tighter tolerance) and greater retention of oil. In addition, the modified surface metallurgy will reduce subsequent wear by up to 90% leading to parts performing up to 10 times longer than without QuantumBlue Lubricants.
The anti-wear properties that become heat activated on the many surface's of the parts, serve as a remarkable, continually renewing, mechanical barrier against WEAR. The anti-wear properties are continually replaced, on an as needed basis and over build-up cannot occur. This advantageous process has never been available before QuantumBlue's Lubrication Oils formula.
Key to this proven technology is its continual creation of more useful surface metallurgical properties on working metal parts with stabilized viscosity and shear characteristics. The benefit of continually creating improved surface properties cannot be manufactured into metal parts. Use of QuantumBlue lubricating oils and in greases offers the only way to continually upgrade performance of working mechanical parts and greatly increase their life span.
QuantumBlue Lubricants are manufactured in any and all viscosities. Since its chemical properties are pure liquid technologies, it contains no harmful particulate materials to clog oil filters or oil passages. Such particles sinter and become abrasive when exposed to combustion gas temperatures. QuantumBlue Lubricants eliminate that possibility.
QuantumBlue Lubricants are manufactured exclusively by BND Automotive with our own Mineral Synthesis(TM) base stock lubricating oils. Mineral Synthesis(TM)is the next generation of base oils. It is beyond traditional mineral, synthetic, or mineral/synthetic blends. We hydro-treat the oil, take all the reactive hydrocarbons out of the oil and produce synthetic molecule characteristics out of our mineral base oil technologies. Benefits of mineral and synthetic without the drawbacks of both in their traditional forms.
This makes them perfect for both two and four stroke applications, transmission fluids for hydraulic and electronically shifted applications, multi weight gear lubes, air tool oils, any hydraulic application for reduction of pump temperatures etc. BND Automotive LLC also produces QuantumBlue manufactured special oil combinations for various applications upon request.
The most important reality about our formulas are that they contain no outdated technology that uses: Teflon, moly, graphite, liquid metals, extreme pressure additives or chlorinated paraffin (NO HALOGENS!) which are all ineffective by comparison and solid particulate in composition. Nor does QuantumBlue contain any light and cheap petroleum distillates which are added to other products to act as inexpensive, container filling materials.
QuantumBlue reverses the wearing out process and greatly prolongs the life span of all mechanical parts!

V8weight
August 24th, 2010, 22:44
LOL Willie, where did you find the time to type all of that ;)

GEN XER
August 25th, 2010, 00:11
LOL Willie, where did you find the time to type all of that ;)

Its committed to memory. LOL Plus I'm retired.

snoopra
August 25th, 2010, 03:08
ALL fluids (except brake fluid, still have a case of Super Blue race brake fluid left) will be replaced by BND products when the Beast is reassembled (trans currently run Redline D4).

DHall1
August 25th, 2010, 05:22
Please correct me if wrong but....

1.5% solvents and volatiles in Quantium Blue oil

Some of best quality synthetics have 8-9% solvents. Most other run of the mill oils are over 15%.

Do the math.

Nice copy and paste there Willie. wink, wink

I will continue to run my Audi and Mercedes oil filters but will switch out the fluid in each car. If we keep the E55.