PDA

View Full Version : nooby questions

mason
September 18th, 2003, 21:18
hello all

Looks as though I am going to join the ranks of RS6 owners ( yippeeee) I currently own an S6 Avant w/ 25k miles ,colored in Nemo Blue, with a set of snow tires on Avus rims in addition to the Slightly used :D conti's ( also on avus') .
I'm torn ,because I love the Avant , but I think two such similar cars may be pushing the issue w/ my lovely wife . Looking for any help with ideas as to how I can sell this to my wife and I have always enjoyed the responses I see when others have posted their personal cunundrums..... Ideas please.

Also , I have been told that my set of 17 in. rims from the S6 will not work on the Rs6 , is this true ? If so ,any one with snow tire experience . I would love to hear suggestions.

tanks

bilbozilla
September 18th, 2003, 21:39
hmm. I sense your conundrum. Why don't you tell her the S6 just isn't working out for you and the new RS6 has features that make it much more liveable. Who doesn't need 450 HP? I feel for you, though. I usually alternate between convertibles and hardtops, so the excuse "it's time for me to grow up" always works when its time for a new ride. My wife is pretty supportive of my sickness though, so maybe just being honest is indeed the best policy. I'm sure she understands, if you've got a '69 Porsche.

Good luck.

iconcls
September 18th, 2003, 21:50
Just do what I did, give her a choice:

A) RS 6

Or

B) Tawdry affair with a 20-something.

Seriously though, I bought my wife an Audi TTQR as part of the negotiations; the rest, I can't disclose.:eek:

bilbozilla
September 18th, 2003, 22:43
A new kitchen helped persuade my wife, before the fact, of course. Go in with a solution prior to asking, (just cleaning the kitchen and making dinner isn't going to cut it.) Don't give her a reason to say no.

Good luck.

iconcls
September 18th, 2003, 22:59
Originally posted by bilbozilla
so maybe just being honest is indeed the best policy.

Hey, slowdown cowboy, where do you come up with this honesty crap; don't go ruinin' it for the rest of us:)

(And yes, Luckylady, I was kidding.):)

mason
September 18th, 2003, 23:34
Hmmmm . I like the idea of honesty , but that goes against everything my marriage stands for :D :D :D :D
Bargaining ......New rock for the other finger, redo kitchen ( again) bigger house , new master bath ... I see a trend here and its sounds expensive .( must keep funds for IMPORTANT purchases:addict: )

Seriously though all good advice and I appreciate the different thoughts , both funny and sincere.
Lucky me , I'm sure that she will come around to the idea , she has always been supportive of my car addiction. I just hate to watch her initial shock and want to find a way to soften the blow.

Any thoughts on Snow tires . My car ( Daytona Gray w, silver interior ,nav and warm weather)will be one of the last delivered ,late nov???, and with all that power I think snow tires are in order.

tanks again

Bauer
September 19th, 2003, 00:02
mason,

welcome aboard, and I am sure you will love the new car. As for the wife......I think mine has more of an addiction than I do(if that is possiable) she has what she likes to call her "two year rule". Two years and then another one. I am screwed since she is into the S8 and wants a new S8 or RS8. She didn't say a word when I ordered my RS6 except "go ahead you deserve it". Which on the surface sounds very supportive, but come time, to when the new S8 or RS8 is introduced its going to be "I deserve it":) :) :) :MTM: .

As for snow tires you are right the wheels you currently have wont fit because of those lovely 14.5'', eight piston breaks. There has been no concrete anwser from the Tire Rack on tires, I am just hoping that the 18'' smow tires and rims I have for my(wifes) S8 will fit the RS6. You can order another set of rims from Audi($$$$$) and put snow tires on them but thats $$$$$:cheers: