PDA

View Full Version : injector cleaner and maf cleaner

johnnie27
August 23rd, 2010, 03:23
just a quick q....has anyone used a injetor cleaner addative to their fuel..

do you think its work while or should you clean them (whne removed or other)

also is it worth pulling off (no pun intended) the maf's and giving them a spray..even if your beast is running or feels great..can it hurt anything?..

many thanks for chimming in..i have not used additives ever and like a virgin are a liitle affriad it my hurt

johnnie

TozoM8
August 23rd, 2010, 04:05
I would leave the MAF alone. It is clean otherwise it would throw a code. Techtron injector cleaner works good, but our rotating injector is self cleaning. It doesn't require cleaning unless you filled it with some dirty gas.

ben916
August 23rd, 2010, 04:08
... but our rotating injector is self cleaning. It doesn't require cleaning unless you filled it with some dirty gas.

Sorry, but this is a new one to me... rotating injector???
Is there a diagram or wiki about this?

TozoM8
August 23rd, 2010, 04:14
The inside of the injector tip has a twist on it so it spins when the fuel shoots through and eliminates deposit build up. Most injectors are like that.

hahnmgh63
August 23rd, 2010, 06:09
In the U.S. our fuel, at least the big name stuff has a fair amount of detergent added. I would imagine it is the same in Australia as most developed areas of the world have increased the detergent content of their fuel in the last 20 years due to the increased number of fuel injected cars.

johnnie27
August 23rd, 2010, 06:19
great thanks everyone for adding some feedback..self cleaning be great if parts of the anatomy were like that hey!!

no serously i appricate all the advice given

take care johnnie
:incar:

snoopra
August 23rd, 2010, 06:37
I followed a MAF cleaning post I found on another forum (don't recall). I did it 'cause I was removing the oily K&N filters and going back to OEM air filters. It involved filling a zip lock bag with 99% alcohol, placing the MAF in there and sloshing it around for a minute or so. Kinda bad idea as upon re-installation (after drying over night), the Beast vibrated and ran like sh*t for an hour or so before "cleaning" up. No codes through though. My advise Johnnie27, buy BND products to clean-up fuel system, lube system, cooling system and power steering.