PDA

View Full Version : Bring both keys!

Aronis
August 19th, 2010, 15:58
Car is there.
Parts are there.
Mechanic is there.
Open work bay is there.

But "Inspector Gadget" from the warranty company is not there. AND he took the &($)$&& key with him

So 2 days go by and no one had the balls to call and tell me!!

Too funny!? I'm not outraged but a but concerned!!

Mike

DHall1
August 19th, 2010, 21:45
Mike,

Because they know that you know how to cut them off. That alone should have them all hiding in the corner.

Car is there.
Parts are there.
Mechanic is there.
Open work bay is there.

But "Inspector Gadget" from the warranty company is not there. AND he took the &($)$&& key with him

So 2 days go by and no one had the balls to call and tell me!!

Too funny!? I'm not outraged but a but concerned!!

Mike

Benman
August 19th, 2010, 22:07
mike,

because they know that you know how to cut them off. That alone should have them all hiding in the corner. Bwahahahaha!!!

Aronis
August 20th, 2010, 03:54
LOL...

Not a shining example of Audi Customer Service!

Mike

V8weight
August 20th, 2010, 04:06
It's absolutely a ridiculous situation, but you have to admit just a little bit funny, if even just the slightest bit. Unfortunately, most of those warranty claims adjusters are regional, and the putz with your keys is probably in the next state by now.

Aronis
August 21st, 2010, 02:27
yes he was a state away! He supposedly FedExed the keys but they still have not arrived!

The dealer ordered a new key, that arrived and they have been working on the car since yesterday. As of about noon the mechanic was about ready to removed the Engine from the car.

Pricing and determining the necessity of: water pump, thermostat, EGT sensor, O2 sensors and what ever he thinks would be smart to change with the engine and transmission out....sounds expensive LOL...

Mike

DHall1
August 21st, 2010, 07:23
Thermostat is a must. I will send you the 30 dollars if needed. :-)

EGT and O2s get $$$ so you really need to check the new insurance policy and make darn sure those items are covered. If covered then you could gamble and leave them alone.

.02c

yes he was a state away! He supposedly FedExed the keys but they still have not arrived!

The dealer ordered a new key, that arrived and they have been working on the car since yesterday. As of about noon the mechanic was about ready to removed the Engine from the car.

Pricing and determining the necessity of: water pump, thermostat, EGT sensor, O2 sensors and what ever he thinks would be smart to change with the engine and transmission out....sounds expensive LOL...

Mike