PDA

View Full Version : Water / Meth Injection

cmore
August 19th, 2010, 15:48
Since I've owned many turbo cars, I've always been interested in doing a water injection kit. Now that I have the RS6 with ECU upgrades and more, I'm back interested in water injection. With no additional tuning for water injection, will it make any more power? From what I've read it seems that without additional tuning, it will just allow the engine more make more consistent power. Though, it seems like the cooler mixer will allow the turbos and intercooler to be more efficient thus making more power. Plus, since it deduces detonation, the timing would stay at a more optimum level. Even if I can get another 20hp, that is pretty good for how inexpensive the kits are.

I'm also wondering if I should use two pumps and two nozzles since it is a twin turbo.

Thanks,
Chris

RS6Steve
August 19th, 2010, 16:38
Please let me know how you get on, I have this on my list of to do's. Lower the intake temp increase the air density, therefore increase the power :-)

ben916
August 19th, 2010, 17:49
I would think two pumps...

Please do a DIY with photos, if you go down this route. I, among others, am interested in the outcome of this.
We know from video proof via V8Weight's dyno with the Eurocharged ECU tune, a little spray on the IC makes things better :)

ttboost
August 21st, 2010, 12:56
You're not that far from EPL in Stratford, CT. They do a lot of Porsche and Audi work. I've seen them do a few RS6's with this kit. We did an Aquamist kit in my 996tt. HUGE gains, although I am spraying 100% meth. This kit has a few built in safety's that are worth the extra cost considering the cost of our (996tt and RS6) engines. I picked up about 40whp on 50/50 and almost 70whp on 100% meth. Basically you have a tank, pump, solenoid, flow meter and the little black box for control. Takes a good 6-8 hours to install, if you already know where you can mount the stuff. Hardest part is finding a home for the tank, if you don't use the factory windshield resevoir.

peiserg
August 22nd, 2010, 21:14
i've got the aquamist system for distilled water spray. i guess without the tuning it doesn't add power... but when it's 105F here, normally i'd be down 50-75hp, and now i'm not. so is that considered "adding" 50-75hp? the pump is pretty large, so i don't know if more than one is required.

ttboost
August 22nd, 2010, 21:41
Only 1 pump in the system. They recently (last year?) upgraded the pump from 120ish to 160ish PSI I think.

speedtrapped
September 24th, 2010, 19:15
this seems like a brillaint mod. Cooler air=Denser air, very good. I would luv to see pics of 1 installed on our car. I searched Audizine and saw plenty of S4, A4 etc.

ttboost
September 25th, 2010, 00:46
this seems like a brillaint mod. Cooler air=Denser air, very good. I would luv to see pics of 1 installed on our car. I searched Audizine and saw plenty of S4, A4 etc.

EPL in CT has done a few I believe...

yokust
September 27th, 2010, 17:48
I am putting a Snow Performance kit on my car as we speak right now, and so far I have not found a happy place that I want to mount the pump and res to look pretty.

I am running a dual nozzle kit also drilled into the bipipe on each side of the carbon mount brackets

speedtrapped
September 27th, 2010, 18:07
pics?....plsssssss when ur done

peiserg
September 27th, 2010, 21:51
You should put pump into drivers side storage below jack.

yokust
September 28th, 2010, 01:34
The pump needs to be farely close to resivoir, and accessable to be able to adjust pump pressure when setting the system up.

My thoughts are behind battery on pass side and I have another factory battery cover and make it look like one long cover of the area