PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky New Brakes

bobski
August 15th, 2010, 00:02
I took everyone's suggestion and bought EBC reds and OEM U.S. Spec discs from genuineparts.com for my 2003 US spec RS6, took them to the dealer, and, after a 45K service and a new left CV boot, got it back today.

Very squeaky brakes. Any thoughts about the best way to break these new brakes in?

Thanks. First time I have used EBC's or replaced brakes on my RS6 (45K).

Bobski

V8weight
August 15th, 2010, 04:09
Find a straight stretch of road, and brake hard from 60-10mph at least 4 times with a mile in between each session to allow them to cool. In all reality though, I'm on my second set of these, and regardless of my "bed in" routine, it always seems to take about 2 weeks for them to quiet down.

DHall1
August 15th, 2010, 05:43
Drive them normally for a few hundred miles. Put up with the squeek the coating on the pads are bedding.

After a few hundred miles....then perfom the hard bed procedure noted by Pat.

60-to-10mph 6 times with little rest between events then drive at hwy speeds for 20min to cool down the rotors.

I took everyone's suggestion and bought EBC reds and OEM U.S. Spec discs from genuineparts.com for my 2003 US spec RS6, took them to the dealer, and, after a 45K service and a new left CV boot, got it back today.

Very squeaky brakes. Any thoughts about the best way to break these new brakes in?

Thanks. First time I have used EBC's or replaced brakes on my RS6 (45K).

Bobski

hahnmgh63
August 15th, 2010, 08:08
Never had a problem with the Reds on the RS6. Matter of fact, just did a big brake upgrade on the tt this morning and put 100 miles on it today and had no sqeaking on the tt either.

bobski
August 15th, 2010, 14:14
Great suggestions, thanks. I will try them.

Bobski