PDA

View Full Version : FOR SALE (finally): 6 Speed 01E Adapter Kit for the C5 RS6

SteveKen
August 13th, 2010, 22:02
FOR SALE:

This kit adapts the 01E transmission to the RS6 block and crankshaft.

For $2,100 USD, the kit includes:

Transmission adapter plate
Racing starter with custom nose (uses stock wiring harness)
Aluminum flywheel
Hardware kit
Detailed installation instructions

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/RS6/adapter/kit_ptype.JPG

This kit was professionally developed by an experienced engineering firm via 3D laser scanning and CMM technologies to ensure accuracy, safety and rigidity. The adapter and starter nose are CNC machined from 6061 aluminum.

The kit must be used in conjunction with the following OEM or aftermarket pieces (not included) for a complete mechanical conversion from an automatic to manual:

From the C5 A6 2.7T or C5 S6 manual transmission models, the drive shaft, front axles, transmission brackets, clutch pedal and all associated mechanical components, slave cylinder and all associated hydraulic components, reverse switch and VR sensor can be used

The transmission mounts and three (3) M12 transmission to engine mounting bolts are retained from the C5 RS6

The flywheel is designed with the appropriate dimensions to mate with the 01E and use the C5 2.7T or C5 S6 clutch and pressure plate and throwout bearing. So you would need to source a clutch and pressure plate to your liking based off of these OEM modes for reference for reference.

There are many different variations of the 01E than can be selected for use. The final drive of the front differential will dictate which rear differential is required.

Please note, and it's been stated before: This kit only facilitates the mechanical mating of the RS6 motor to the 01E. On my end, the ECU modifications are not available, but hopefully will be in due time.

Quantities of the CNC components are currently underway and my lead times for flywheels and starters are approximately 2 - 3 weeks.

Shipping will be quoted separately for each inquiry and delivery can be made to anywhere on the globe where the RS6 exists.

Pricing for a steel flywheel option will be available very soon, too.

Please feel free to PM me or post with any questions.

Disclaimer: This for sale post has been graciously permitted by RS6.com and it's admins, etc.

1sadavant
August 13th, 2010, 22:37
Wow congrats Steve, a lot of ingenuity behind this! Hopefully this will keep the community from giving up on these beasts and a much needed breath of fresh air regarding modifications.

ben916
August 13th, 2010, 23:04
Awesome and congratulations on getting the first step in a solution to the Achilles heel/hell of the RS6!

1. Adapter Kit
2. C5 S6 manual transmission
3. C5 S6 clutch and pressure plate and throwout bearing
4. ECU programming...
5. Wheel barrow of cash (had to toss that in there :) )

Anything else?

snoopra
August 14th, 2010, 00:45
It'll be a wheel barrow but a lot less than $20K-$40K companies charged in the past. Nice job on the kit! Has anyone confirmed if ANY of the A6/S6 manual trans will be able to handle the brutal torque of the 4.2 V8 TT?

Benman
August 14th, 2010, 20:09
If it's the same trans as the B5 S4 then the answer is yes. Champion Audi had ZERO tranny issues when they used it for the World Speed Challenge GT RS 6s. :cheers:

Ben :addict:

eurotunedrs6
August 15th, 2010, 02:34
AMD in Washington has a 600whp b5 S4 on pump gas that runs the 01e and it isnt having any issues. Obviously a good clutch will need to be used for the RS6. The best way to do this is to find a parts car a6 for everything else. This would leave a lot of room for bigger turbos and some higher flowing manifolds!! Maybe I can do this someday lol. Great job on the work again though.

terrytcl
August 16th, 2010, 21:11
steve, will the steel flywheel be resurfacable?

cost wise, do you think it'll be half of the aluminum?

terrytcl
August 16th, 2010, 21:13
how about anodizing the aluminum? will it be offered?

SteveKen
August 16th, 2010, 23:32
Steel flywheel is actually going to add $125 to the kit.

The manufacturer of the steel flywheel states that it can be resurfaced, but it's discouraged.

Aronis
August 17th, 2010, 01:57
Nicely done.

terrytcl
August 17th, 2010, 20:46
just wondering about the cost as since these flywheels are custom, we'd be screwed down the road if we need a replacement.

terrytcl
August 17th, 2010, 20:48
Awesome and congratulations on getting the first step in a solution to the Achilles heel/hell of the RS6!

1. Adapter Kit
2. C5 S6 manual transmission
3. C5 S6 clutch and pressure plate and throwout bearing
4. ECU programming...
5. Wheel barrow of cash (had to toss that in there :) )

Anything else?

sounds like you'll also need the front axles.

is a new driveshaft confirmed? out of a A6 2.7tt?
how about modifying our current one? is it because it's carbon?

terrytcl
August 17th, 2010, 20:54
nevermind -
"From the C5 A6 2.7T or C5 S6 manual transmission models, the drive shaft, front axles, transmission brackets, clutch pedal and all associated mechanical components, slave cylinder and all associated hydraulic components, reverse switch and VR sensor can be used"

anyone got any part numbers for some of these items?
is the clutch pedal assembly separate from the brake pedal? or does it come together with a brake pedal as a package?

SteveKen
August 17th, 2010, 23:52
I'm working on this Terry.

I've done it on my S6 and it's still somewhat fresh in my mind. I'll be scrubbing through ETKA tomorrow.

There are also many other things I'm contemplating. Cooling the transmission a-la the euro S6 or the allroad. Or can we divert the stock RS6 trans cooling to additional water cooling? Either way, it will require custom lines, fittings, etc.

As for the steel flywheel, if it needs to be replaced, I could possibly keep stock of them or direct you to the manufacturer.

uncfrk
August 18th, 2010, 00:30
How much weight will the Beast shed?

milka
August 18th, 2010, 11:57
Just sent a pm

peiserg
August 19th, 2010, 01:39
ha, so long as my money isn't going to australia for this conversion... i should be fine...

snoopra
August 19th, 2010, 02:49
How difficult would it be to do a 6 spd TIP trans conversion?

milka
August 19th, 2010, 05:04
ha, so long as my money isn't going to australia for this conversion... i should be fine...

Hey mate, that is just not very nice! Most Australians are honest and reliable! Just because there is one nutter out there please don't assume we are all like that!

TozoM8
August 19th, 2010, 05:34
How difficult would it be to do a 6 spd TIP trans conversion?

the C5 RS6 should have had the 6HP26 since it was already available at the time. Way stronger trans with less parts and less problems too.

JSRS6
November 20th, 2011, 04:38
the C5 RS6 should have had the 6HP26 since it was already available at the time. Way stronger trans with less parts and less problems too.

Will it mate up? Issues?

JSRS6
November 20th, 2011, 04:39
considering this or the o1e.

Brav
November 21st, 2011, 06:27
Will it mate up? Issues?

+1, that would be cool too.

ben916
November 21st, 2011, 08:36
meaning the 6HP26? where can one be had that isn't from EU?

snoopra
November 21st, 2011, 09:14
How about the C5 Allroad manual trans? Should be stronger considering the mechanics of the car

SteveKen
November 21st, 2011, 16:46
I think the only difference between the Allroad and the A6/S4 manual is the gear oil pump.

I also think it might be very difficult to swap in a newer automatic. Would there have to be some custom TCU work done, among other things?

kday
November 21st, 2011, 19:11
The allroad has a different final drive ratio so you'd have to swap the rear diff. (The RS6 is 4.11:1, right?)

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/01E/

I agree swapping in a newer automatic would be extremely difficult.

SteveKen
September 14th, 2012, 15:41
I'm bumping this up to the top again, as I'm still selling these. The only thing not currently in stock is the starter, which is anywhere from 1-3 weeks for delivery.

The kit is time tested, with my car having nearly 11k miles on the conversion.

Nearly ten kits are out there running, most of them in the US, but I've also shipped to Norway and Switzerland.

jd_0012
November 9th, 2012, 23:15
I'm bumping this up to the top again, as I'm still selling these. The only thing not currently in stock is the starter, which is anywhere from 1-3 weeks for delivery.

Nearly ten kits are out there running, most of them in the US, but I've also shipped to Norway and Switzerland.

Hi Mate!

I'm interested in your kit too. I'm from France. If the starter should be changed later. Is it a common starter or a custom one?

MP me your cell phone pls

ttboost
November 15th, 2012, 01:43

Do you still have you car and did you ever get it sorted (ABS, Traction control etc...)?

SteveKen
November 15th, 2012, 02:32
Do you still have you car and did you ever get it sorted (ABS, Traction control etc...)?

I sold the car a few months ago. The ECU still causes the ABS and traction control to not function.

ttboost
November 15th, 2012, 02:44
Bummer..all that work and you bailed? I'm trying to source a transmission now. Do you know if any 6speed from 97-04 A6 or S4 will work? Any year NOT work? Thanks Steve...

SteveKen
November 15th, 2012, 03:06
Bummer..all that work and you bailed? I'm trying to source a transmission now. Do you know if any 6speed from 97-04 A6 or S4 will work? Any year NOT work? Thanks Steve...

I'm still in the game, just not with that car. I have an S6 with a bad slushbox that I'm converting to a 6 speed in the next couple weeks for winter fun and have the RS6 drivetrain sitting in the garage for a spring conversion.

Believe me, if I had the grey matter and the time, the ecu would be done. There's no margin for a perfected ecu from the big tuners when they're making ton of money tuning late models now.

Some of you guys need to buy some kits from me so that I can pick up the pace on my projects. Lol.

As for the 01E, the newer the better. The synchros and shift collar for 1st and 2nd gear have been revised. I think that anything from a B5 or C5 would work.

hahnmgh63
November 15th, 2012, 03:52
Steve, the guy you sold your car to is going to try to take it to AMD for a custom tune to see if they can also get the ESP & ABS working right. He is currently borrowing my spare TCU to see if they need it or any hardware or software from it. I'll have to keep the list posted but I think he may still be a lurker here.

SteveKen
November 15th, 2012, 05:15
Steve, the guy you sold your car to is going to try to take it to AMD for a custom tune to see if they can also get the ESP & ABS working right. He is currently borrowing my spare TCU to see if they need it or any hardware or software from it. I'll have to keep the list posted but I think he may still be a lurker here.

I'd love to see a solution available out there. I'm of the opinion that the TCU should be removed and the ECU needs to be smart enough to deal with the ABS's hardwired (and unchangeable) soft code. It's got to be a ton of reverse engineering. I do wish Jason at AMD luck on this.

ttboost
November 15th, 2012, 13:22
My tuner will be able to do it, he just needs a car, IN HIS SHOP, for a period of time, to do the R&D. It was always our intention to do it with my car, as I am local, but with buying and selling houses and building a garage, blah blah blah, funds are always a problem and sourcing the parts is now another...

If someone has a 6 speed RS6 that needs the ABS, traction control etc...fixed, and you are willing to drive or ship your car to CT, I'm sure Tony at EPL would be willing to work with you. Trust me, it would be well worth it.

Steve, I think the owner of your new car has been in touch with him, through his shop, so maybe this is our opportunity. Tony is the one who told me about your car...I didn't believe it, that's why I posted!!!!! We just got my car retuned yesterday...man, it runs good...

SteveKen
November 15th, 2012, 15:16
My tuner will be able to do it, he just needs a car, IN HIS SHOP, for a period of time, to do the R&D. It was always our intention to do it with my car, as I am local, but with buying and selling houses and building a garage, blah blah blah, funds are always a problem and sourcing the parts is now another...

If someone has a 6 speed RS6 that needs the ABS, traction control etc...fixed, and you are willing to drive or ship your car to CT, I'm sure Tony at EPL would be willing to work with you. Trust me, it would be well worth it.

Steve, I think the owner of your new car has been in touch with him, through his shop, so maybe this is our opportunity. Tony is the one who told me about your car...I didn't believe it, that's why I posted!!!!! We just got my car retuned yesterday...man, it runs good...

ygpm on the saga.

alrightroad
November 21st, 2012, 02:27
The 01E's from mid-year 2001 and older on the B5's and 2000 and older on A6 had the 1-2 shift collar issues. I dont know the VIN split but it's out there easily on quattrolworld B5/S4 forum. 2001 and newer A6's, no problems. Can spot the old style and new style 01E's by looking at the shift linkage... good images and explanation at JHM>>> http://jhmotorsports.com/products/pictures/crossrod/Early_or_Late_Cross_rod_comparison.jpg

Notes here on trans codes with the problems listed here >>> http://jhmotorsports.com/products/pictures/crossrod/Early_or_Late_Cross_rod_comparison.jpg

The 1-2 shift collar is a problem if the trans has been driven hard and quick shifted or hard shifted a lot from 1st to 2nd. There are plenty old style 01E's out there running fine with original 1-2 shift collar. Just run through your due diligence on the trans before you purchase.

SteveKen
January 23rd, 2013, 20:41
I'm happy to announce that the ECU issues have been resolved by Addict Motorsport Design, LLC in the Seattle area.

They will be offering an ECU tune for the 6 speed RS6 that has all the issues with ABS, cruise control, traction control, idle & overall drive-ability resolved. Yes, the clutch switch is wired directly into the ECU.

My old car, now owned by Jason (Avus-RS6), was/is used for the ECU development and I've been informed that the transformation with the proper tune is very remarkable. Hopefully he will eventually add some input on this to any with an interest.

The tune is essentially a Stage 1 offering based off of stock components. AMD may also be able to customize any tuning based off of other modifications.

I have two steel flywheel kits that are available and ready for immediate shipment.

kevin
January 23rd, 2013, 21:11
save one for me!!

ben916
January 23rd, 2013, 22:39
I'm happy to announce that the ECU issues have been resolved by Addict Motorsport Design, LLC in the Seattle area.

They will be offering an ECU tune for the 6 speed RS6 that has all the issues with ABS, cruise control, traction control, idle & overall drive-ability resolved. Yes, the clutch switch is wired directly into the ECU.

My old car, now owned by Jason (Avus-RS6), was/is used for the ECU development and I've been informed that the transformation with the proper tune is very remarkable. Hopefully he will eventually add some input on this to any with an interest.

The tune is essentially a Stage 1 offering based off of stock components. AMD may also be able to customize any tuning based off of other modifications.

I have two steel flywheel kits that are available and ready for immediate shipment.

BEGEEZ!!!! I am saving my lunch money now!
Pricing? or since I am in Seattle, I guess I could just call...

SteveKen
January 23rd, 2013, 22:50
BEGEEZ!!!! I am saving my lunch money now!
Pricing? or since I am in Seattle, I guess I could just call...

Pricing for the ECU is $750 and it cannot be done remotely, so you're lucky. That's very good pricing considering you're going to end up at stage 1 power levels.

I'm sure he'd be happy to do a complete conversion for you too.

Otherwise, the ECU must be sent to AMD for flashing, etc.

mrdave
January 23rd, 2013, 23:40
Sounds like a pretty good deal! Now I need to start sourcing my manual swap parts!

Chung
January 24th, 2013, 01:01
I wish I had the money to justify such a purchase right now. I am with Ben and will start saving...

ben916
January 24th, 2013, 02:59
I wish I had the money to justify such a purchase right now. I am with Ben and will start saving...

We are going to have to part purchase:
I would think that SteveKen's plate would be first
Then an O1E TDI for the torque levels
Then the steel clutch
Then pedal box

scratch that - any one have a parts list for the conversion?

Chung
January 24th, 2013, 03:08
We are going to have to part purchase:
I would think that SteveKen's plate would be first
Then an O1E TDI for the torque levels
Then the steel clutch
Then pedal box

scratch that - any one have a parts list for the conversion?
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/22631-Manual-Conversion-Thread-RS6-with-01E/page5

SteveKen
January 24th, 2013, 03:26
Here's my back of the envelope list. I recently bought all the pieces to convert my S6 so it's pretty fresh in my mind.

My kit is $2100 plus shipping and includes the adapter, Tilton starter w/ custom nose, steel flywheel, hardware and instructions.
The tune through AMD is $750 (which requires you send them your ECU for the flash)
Clutch & Pressure Plate $700 - $1500

junkyard obtained items: ( or $2500 through www.audis4parts.com (http://www.audis4parts.com))

01E Transmission w/ brackets from B5 S4 or C5 A6 2.7T $200 - $4000 C5 A6 2.7T
C5 A6 2.7T Front axles $150/ pr
C5 A6 2.7T Driveshaft $200
B5 S4 or C5 A6 2.7T Pedal Assembly w/ switches and clutch master cyl $75
B5 S4 or C5 A6 2.7T Shifter & linkages $75

The rear diff does not need to be changed.

The RS6 trans mounts must also be used as they are about 10mm taller than the 2.7T ones.

Custom wiring involves making a reverse switch circuit, wiring in the neutral safety switch to the starter interlock relay and wiring the clutch vent valve switch to the ECU.

The current software requires swapping the dry side of the ABS controller to a C5 S6 or W8 Passat unit. I've seen them for anywhere from $100 to $250. Further refinements of the code might eliminate the need for this though.

ttboost
January 24th, 2013, 03:34
I may have an extra 01E...

Brav
January 24th, 2013, 03:42
Great news! Man, if I had the funds ready..

Jimmy
January 24th, 2013, 18:05
I may have an extra 01E...

Huh? an extra?

ttboost
January 24th, 2013, 18:47
Huh? an extra?

yeah..long story..when it rains, it pours...

alrightroad
January 24th, 2013, 18:59
Someone please install a Stasis center diff or similar (JHM) and let's see some burnouts! ha ha... http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-components-differentials-torsen-center-differential-upgrade-p-17561.html

alrightroad
January 24th, 2013, 22:10
One other thing to think about here is about 60 LBS lighter. The 01E (w/dual mass steel flywheel and clutch) on my allroad is 61 lbs lighter than the old slushbox. I imagine the RS6 ZF is slightly heavier than the allroad ZF. But, someone should weigh difference between RS6 ZF and the 01E. ttboost, did you weigh?

ttboost
January 25th, 2013, 00:55
As I recall, the RS6 slushbox was about 145lbs with fluid...01E is about 68lbs if I recall..I can weigh that one again..my RS6 box is gone...

Avus-RS6
January 25th, 2013, 07:07
Someone please install a Stasis center diff or similar (JHM) and let's see some burnouts! ha ha... http://www.034motorsport.com/chassis-components-differentials-torsen-center-differential-upgrade-p-17561.html

I have a 4:1 center dif, per Steve. When I get the car back from AMD, I'll do up some acceleration and dash videos.

The car has to be buttoned up as the intercoolers are being rebuilt due to bad leaking (new cores are being welded between the stock end tanks). The IC rebuild is more affordable than any aftermarket option and will have more flow than stock as the cores are thicker. We're doing the same number of charge rows as stock, 14, but apparently there can be as many as 17 charge rows for yet more flow but I didn't want to wait 2 months for the custom cores to be built, not to mention the extra cost. Also, I never plan on running meth so I'd prefer better cooling to maximum flow. Lastly, we are keeping the boost down on my car for now as one turbo seems to be nearing the end of its life as evidenced by a fair amount of oil in one of the IC's and some noise, as well as a slipping clutch at about 500awtq. CM stage 3 is not advisable for these cars. I'll be getting AMD's clutch when I'm ready, which seems to be more than adequate for the power that these cars will produce.

I drove it for a weekend with the functioning ABS/ESP tune at stock power levels, soooo much smoother and nicer than the GIAC tune that just didn't seem to act right with the manual transmission. Props to AMD for taking on the challenge and figuring this out, apparently it was no small feat.

Jason

kilian tuning
January 25th, 2013, 10:58
...this is what they used when racing with the RS6 Competition:Power transmission: quattro® transaxle, with 40:60 torque split front to rear

Clutch: Tilton 3-plate clutch, single mass fly wheel

Gearbox: Longitudinal 6-speed Audi transaxle gearbox, Engine Management: Pectel T10S http://www.cosworth.com/products/motorsport/control-systems/engine-control-units/pectel-mq12/

ttboost
January 25th, 2013, 13:14
I have a 4:1 center dif, per Steve. When I get the car back from AMD, I'll do up some acceleration and dash videos.

The car has to be buttoned up as the intercoolers are being rebuilt due to bad leaking (new cores are being welded between the stock end tanks). The IC rebuild is more affordable than any aftermarket option and will have more flow than stock as the cores are thicker. We're doing the same number of charge rows as stock, 14, but apparently there can be as many as 17 charge rows for yet more flow but I didn't want to wait 2 months for the custom cores to be built, not to mention the extra cost. Also, I never plan on running meth so I'd prefer better cooling to maximum flow. Lastly, we are keeping the boost down on my car for now as one turbo seems to be nearing the end of its life as evidenced by a fair amount of oil in one of the IC's and some noise, as well as a slipping clutch at about 500awtq. CM stage 3 is not advisable for these cars. I'll be getting AMD's clutch when I'm ready, which seems to be more than adequate for the power that these cars will produce.

I drove it for a weekend with the functioning ABS/ESP tune at stock power levels, soooo much smoother and nicer than the GIAC tune that just didn't seem to act right with the manual transmission. Props to AMD for taking on the challenge and figuring this out, apparently it was no small feat.

Jason

I also considered making my own IC's. I found the (bigger) cores for about $300 each, and I was just going to weld the old end tanks to the new cores..but wasn't sure if they would fit. I only have the one set and didn't want to risk it not working...always an option later...

Chung
January 25th, 2013, 18:06

Jason

Hey Jason,
Did AMD do the IC rebuild as well. I know my IC are probably due for a replacement but I am too cheap at this point to buy new ones.

By the way, I need to see this car. Drinks are on me.

Zmey
January 25th, 2013, 18:29
I also considered making my own IC's. I found the (bigger) cores for about $300 each, and I was just going to weld the old end tanks to the new cores..but wasn't sure if they would fit. I only have the one set and didn't want to risk it not working...always an option later...

What cores are you planning on using? Treadstone seems to make good cores.

Avus-RS6
January 25th, 2013, 18:30
Chung,

AMD is rebuilding the intercoolers, cores have been ordered. I hope to have the car back mid February.

Longben
January 25th, 2013, 22:35
I mounted my 01e to my rs6 engine with s6+ flywheel bolt on :) i only need to find another starter as the rs6 s6+ starter is to big.
My friend ha an s8 with rs6 engine 01e no plate original starter but he ha to grind a bit in the engine casting :) and dril a new hole but it fits :)
im not going to grind in the engine, rather get another starter.
How much is a 01e gearbox over there ? We have got loads here in sweden ;)

TozoM8
January 26th, 2013, 01:59
The RS6 trans with converter is ~320 lbs (145kg). The 01E 6 speed is around 200 lbs (90kg)

ttboost
January 26th, 2013, 02:21
What cores are you planning on using? Treadstone seems to make good cores.

Never heard of Treadstone. I shop here.

http://www.bellintercoolers.com/_pages/coreAirCore.html

ttboost
January 26th, 2013, 02:22
The RS6 trans with converter is ~320 lbs (145kg). The 01E 6 speed is around 200 lbs (90kg)

My scale must be WAAAYYY off. I got 145 and 71...still a decent weight loss by itself...plus I lost a few lbs elsewhere...

Avus-RS6
February 14th, 2013, 17:42
RS6 6mt Update:

So I have my car back, with a bit more power than stock. We're doing 400/440 awhp/awtq right now due to slipping clutch. I'm a little sad about this but in all reality it's a good amount of power and moves out very well. I'd be happier with 450/525 +/- that it should be doing. The AMD tune is stock smooth and all systems are fully functioning with no dash lights. Intercoolers are all new, built by AMD using stock end tanks, and do the job quite nicely. My RS6 isn't as fast as my track car due to being 1200lbs more, but I did manage to bump the rev limit in 2nd gear fairly solid a couple of times yesterday due to being surprised at how quick it wrapped out the gear. It's so quite now with the SE exhaust I put on and it revs out the low gears deceptively fast, faster than I'm used to in my B5S4 with K03's.

Now for the gripes. Suspension is shot, it rattles like a tin can and isn't good at around town speeds. I'm going with KW V3's.

One turbo is on the way out as evidenced by gobs of oil on one intercooler. They don't make excessive noise and we're running low boost so they should be ok for a while. I'll Probably have them rebuilt with new CHRA's when I do the clutch (not normally the time to do turbos, but read below).

My biggest gripe is that the clutch job will be double normal cost as the engine and tranny have to be dropped together! This was not know by me until recently, either that the clutch would not hold tuned stock turbo power levels or that a clutch job is so silly with this adapter plate. I'll be installing an AMD clutch that is used on their crazy B5 cars that make more power than I ever will, when I can't stand it any more.

I love this car but it's turning in to more of a project than I was anticipating. Perhaps it will redeem itself when I drive it across the country this summer, it is an AWESOME highway monster even with the conservative power levels.

That's about all for now, ciao.

Jason

kevin
February 14th, 2013, 18:00
What did you go with for the clutch kit? This is what I have left to get to complete my shopping list for my swap.

This post on Audizine looks interesting to me.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/525029-Drake-Stage-V-(DSV)-Dual-Ceramic-Full-Face-Clutch-Review

Avus-RS6
February 14th, 2013, 18:06
What did you go with for the clutch kit? This is what I have left to get to complete my shopping list for my swap.

Email AMD jason@addictmotorsport.com. He'll answer this. It's basically his Clutchmasters built clutch kit I'll be installing that he uses on super high power applications. Single disk IIRC.

kevin
February 14th, 2013, 18:08
Email AMD jason@addictmotorsport.com. He'll answer this. It's basically his Clutchmasters built clutch kit I'll be installing that he uses on super high power applications. Single disk IIRC.

Will check with him too.

Thanks!

gregoryindiana
February 14th, 2013, 18:10
Dear Avus,

Thanks for the update.

This whole 6 speed 01E conversion matters to me more than ever now because I bought another RS6. It is coming from the West Coast this week. I got it for under $16K BUT it had a known bad torque converter that the PO has been driving it with for quite some time.

Once it gets here and I assess the situation it will come down to either:

1) Tozo to rebuild autobox with the torque converter sublet to ACE,

or

2) Cast aside the autobox entirely, source an 01E of my own, buy the SteveKen compatibility kit, along with other related parts (like the 3 pedal cluster stuff) and then send the car out to Seattle to get the electronics right as you have done.

I don't want CELs the rest of the time I own the car. I am also NOT able to do any of the conversion myself. So I won't take this route UNLESS there is someone willing to do this for me as virtually a turnkey mod from start to finish. I know that will cost. But quality work is never cheap.

We'll see what happens.

Avus-RS6
February 14th, 2013, 18:38
No secret what shop I trust and has the skills to do anything and everything to these cars properly. ;-)

ben916
February 14th, 2013, 18:50
No secret what shop I trust and has the skills to do anything and everything to these cars properly. ;-)

AMD is in Woodinville, right?
I'm in Newcastle so it is just up the 405 for me...

Avus-RS6
February 14th, 2013, 18:56
AMD is in Woodinville, right?
I'm in Newcastle so it is just up the 405 for me...

That's right. Best to email him or drop in.

ttboost
February 14th, 2013, 19:58
I used the clutchmasters flywheel and the "Spec Stage 3 plus" clutch. Only have about 400 miles on it so far, ever so slight chatter is going away now and it's holding the power...

SteveKen
February 14th, 2013, 20:00

I concur with this.

I've had a long conversation with Jason @ AMD and have learned a lot from him. The fact that he got the ECU sorted out is especially esteem worthy. I only wish I lived near him 2 years ago when all this first got underway.

As for you I trust your judgement as well and am willing to admit that I do not have the experience on the driveability and characteristics of the car and how it should be. Read this as a legitimate plea of ignorance when it comes to this, as I'm not an aggressive style driver at all. Just ask my wife.

I have some additional thoughts and questions because you make it seem like the clutch will need to be replaced with every oil change.

With normal or spirited driving on a stage 1 tune, what is your estimate on how long a well sorted clutch like AMD's setup will last?

Having done 4 C5 conversions and a few B5 2.7T projects, I'd say a clutch swap with the RS6 is a degree of difficulty lower than a torque converter job and a degree of difficulty higher than a 2.7T or C5 N/A 4.2 swap.

I've done it on the RS6 with and without dropping the motor and trans together. It can be done on jackstands as well. I never said it was easy, though. Gabor doesn't pull the engine when he gets a car either.

Anyway, your comment on the clutch swap got me thinking...

ttboost
February 14th, 2013, 20:52
You can absolutely get the 01E out, for a clutch change or whatever, without pulling the motor. Might have to remove the passenger side down pipe, but it can be done. It's a b*tch, but it can be done. I had mine in, pulled it back out, and installed another one in a weekend.

bmwade
February 14th, 2013, 21:13
I got to thinking about the whole new TC vs. this swap. I would like to do this swap but here is where I am. I have warranty, so it's free vs out of pocket. I can and will go out of pocket for the right price. Unfortunately I have little to no skills so I will be hiring all the work. I'm curious what kind of money it would cost me for total conversion. Obviously labor charges vary but I'm just looking for a rough estimate of what people have spent....

na1mt
February 14th, 2013, 21:30
I got to thinking about the whole new TC vs. this swap. I would like to do this swap but here is where I am. I have warranty, so it's free vs out of pocket. I can and will go out of pocket for the right price. Unfortunately I have little to no skills so I will be hiring all the work. I'm curious what kind of money it would cost me for total conversion. Obviously labor charges vary but I'm just looking for a rough estimate of what people have spent....

I would think that as soon as you swap over to a manual conversion, you can say goodbye to your warranty.

ttboost
February 15th, 2013, 00:01
I would think that as soon as you swap over to a manual conversion, you can say goodbye to your warranty.

Probably..but with no autobox or TC, probably wouldn't need the warranty!!! (yeah right!!!)

Seriously...my thoughts are...
If you have to pay someone, turnkey...probably $7k-$10k would be a safe and reasonable bet. There are places online that advertise $12k for the kit and $15k for install...

I sourced all my parts from various places and did all my work myself and spent way less, but I can't recommend this route, but suffice to say, I had no choice. Look at it this way..$2100 for Steves kit, $2000-$4000 for swap parts and $1000-$1500 for a new clutch?...now your at $5k-$8k or so with no labor. What does your local shop charge? Have they done a swap? Will they do it? It's not an easy job.

na1mt
February 15th, 2013, 01:09
Probably..but with no autobox or TC, probably wouldn't need the warranty!!! (yeah right!!!)

Seriously...my thoughts are...
If you have to pay someone, turnkey...probably $7k-$10k would be a safe and reasonable bet. There are places online that advertise $12k for the kit and $15k for install...

I sourced all my parts from various places and did all my work myself and spent way less, but I can't recommend this route, but suffice to say, I had no choice. Look at it this way..$2100 for Steves kit, $2000-$4000 for swap parts and $1000-$1500 for a new clutch?...now your at $5k-$8k or so with no labor. What does your local shop charge? Have they done a swap? Will they do it? It's not an easy job.

If you think for one minute that if you took your car to a dealership for warranty work under a fidelity warranty or something of that nature and the dealership reported that you have completed such a conversion that your warranty would remain intact.....well I have a few bridges I'd like to sell you.

mrdave
February 15th, 2013, 01:22

Get a new TC + trans under warranty and immediately remove it and sell it to fund a manual swap! :burnout:

ttboost
February 15th, 2013, 01:37
If you think for one minute that if you took your car to a dealership for warranty work under a fidelity warranty or something of that nature and the dealership reported that you have completed such a conversion that your warranty would remain intact.....well I have a few bridges I'd like to sell you.

Nope. As soon as they looked in the window and saw the shifter, they would tell you take get it out of there...even if the warranty issue wasn't driveline related...

Chung
February 15th, 2013, 02:23
Now I am not sure if I want to ride in your car. I don't know if I can afford it. Just reading this gets me antsy for a swap and having a shop that can do it so close to me...

bmwade
February 15th, 2013, 02:56
Nope. As soon as they looked in the window and saw the shifter, they would tell you take get it out of there...even if the warranty issue wasn't driveline related...

Yes I figured as much. But with the DRC gone the TC is the main reason I have left for concern anyways...

Avus-RS6
February 15th, 2013, 03:46
I concur with this.

I've had a long conversation with Jason @ AMD and have learned a lot from him. The fact that he got the ECU sorted out is especially esteem worthy. I only wish I lived near him 2 years ago when all this first got underway.

As for you I trust your judgement as well and am willing to admit that I do not have the experience on the driveability and characteristics of the car and how it should be. Read this as a legitimate plea of ignorance when it comes to this, as I'm not an aggressive style driver at all. Just ask my wife.

I have some additional thoughts and questions because you make it seem like the clutch will need to be replaced with every oil change.

With normal or spirited driving on a stage 1 tune, what is your estimate on how long a well sorted clutch like AMD's setup will last?

Having done 4 C5 conversions and a few B5 2.7T projects, I'd say a clutch swap with the RS6 is a degree of difficulty lower than a torque converter job and a degree of difficulty higher than a 2.7T or C5 N/A 4.2 swap.

I've done it on the RS6 with and without dropping the motor and trans together. It can be done on jackstands as well. I never said it was easy, though. Gabor doesn't pull the engine when he gets a car either.

Anyway, your comment on the clutch swap got me thinking...

Steve,

I anticipate the clutch lasting for several years or more as it will not be my daily driver. The clutch job went from a basic job (in theory) to double the cost (I don't do this stuff myself) so it was more of a rant than anything. Because of this I'm holding off for now. I didn't know the adapter made it an extremely difficult/time consuming clutch job, Jason didn't know this either until digging further.

ttboost, I pay shop labor rate so the extra PITA translates to more $$$ depending on the time. How many hours did it take you?

ttboost
February 15th, 2013, 12:56
Steve,

I anticipate the clutch lasting for several years or more as it will not be my daily driver. The clutch job went from a basic job (in theory) to double the cost (I don't do this stuff myself) so it was more of a rant than anything. Because of this I'm holding off for now. I didn't know the adapter made it an extremely difficult/time consuming clutch job, Jason didn't know this either until digging further.

ttboost, I pay shop labor rate so the extra PITA translates to more $$$ depending on the time. How many hours did it take you?

I understand about shop rates. I am fortunate that I have a place here that I can work on stuff..otherwise I would still be whining the stock sluchbox blues.

I don't see how the adapter plate is a hinderance? I used the factory spacer and it's not any more difficult. I didn't really keep a stop watch running, but my best guess is I spent 25-35hrs, not including gathering parts. A day here, couple hours there and there...it adds up...then tuning and dyno time, etc...adds up to weeks of work in the end...

I hope to have mine back today.

SteveKen
February 15th, 2013, 14:06
I understand about shop rates. I am fortunate that I have a place here that I can work on stuff..otherwise I would still be whining the stock sluchbox blues.

I don't see how the adapter plate is a hinderance? I used the factory spacer and it's not any more difficult. I didn't really keep a stop watch running, but my best guess is I spent 25-35hrs, not including gathering parts. A day here, couple hours there and there...it adds up...then tuning and dyno time, etc...adds up to weeks of work in the end...

I hope to have mine back today.

I'm utilizing all the bolt holes that the automatic transmission uses, so I'm catching the one to the left of the left most soft plug. This makes it tricky to get past the driver's turbo when it's installed. See below. With the normal spacer, I don't like how the upper oil pan isn't supported by the transmission. I've tried it and the assembly does sag if you support only the back of the transmission and the front of the engine when the green bolt holes and the starter is attached with two nuts ans bolts.

http://www.kendrish.com/galleries/RS6/adapter/RS6_w_spcr_s.JPG

ttboost
February 15th, 2013, 14:27
Yeah, the green one up at 2 O'clock behind the passenger wastegate wasn't any fun either...

Avus-RS6
February 15th, 2013, 19:02
25-35 hours on a clutch job? Wow!

ttboost
February 15th, 2013, 19:52
25-35 hours on a clutch job? Wow!

Sorry... 25-35 hrs for he manual.swap. clutch can.be done in a long day

UrS6
February 15th, 2013, 20:30
Sorry... 25-35 hrs for he manual.swap. clutch can.be done in a long day

What are your driving impressions so far? I drove the MTM/Sportec RS600 with the 6 speed for about 5 minutes and I remember it being a transformed car. Does it feel any faster? SteveKen claimed a 13% increase in WHP on back to back dyno runs. How does it feel?

Avus-RS6
February 15th, 2013, 21:24
UrS6,

With a very conservative "chipped" tune it is absolutely a beast. (400awhp/440awtq at the wheels) If it wasn't a one off, I'd sell my Avant and daily the RS6. Tall 6th gear has little pull until 80mph but makes for quiet cruising and great fuel mileage. Click into 4th or 5th at any highway speed and instant torpedo. There is definiately more of the engine's power getting to the ground with a manual versus auto. Auto is probably quicker out of a hole on a launch (with me driving the stick) as I don't launch (aka abuse the tranny), the manual is superior in every other regard IMO. LWFW is not an issue with a custom tune, throttle blips, heel toe, etc are smooth and seamless, it acts like a stock MT car.

I know you were asking ttboost, but I had to interject. ;-) It's my new favorite car!

ttboost
February 16th, 2013, 01:10
I'll add my .02. I think I may be in love with my car again...maybe.

Spent some time on the Mustang dyno, but we still have a little tuning to do, but gonna drive it this weekend some more, now that we fixed some glitches due to my bigger wastegates.
We ran out of injector at 4400rpm's with the stock FPR (16lbs of boost). Stuck a 5bar in and ran out of injector at or just over 5200. Going to upgrade injectors next week and keep tuning. Making way more power than I thought it would and feels good so far...likely a combination of getting some driveline loss back and full catless "testpipes"...
it's fair to say it is WAYYY more fun to drive and MUCH faster.

Avus-RS6
February 16th, 2013, 01:17
I think I'm running about 10lbsof boost, any more spins up the CM stage 3 clutch. I can't wait for a real clutch and 15psi!

ttboost
February 16th, 2013, 01:29
What tune do you have that only adds 1 or 2lbs of boost?

Avus-RS6
February 16th, 2013, 01:39
I'm guessing at the boost. 12psi tune was hitting 485-500awtq on AMD's MD500 (a true heartbreaker) and spinning up the clutch badly so it's down to 440awtq and the clutch holds fine. It's an AMD custom tune. It'll be over a year before I can do what I want power wise to the car, my track car needs attention (full cage and probably turbos soon).

Avus-RS6
February 16th, 2013, 01:43
I'm corrected, it's running 11psi.

lswing
February 16th, 2013, 02:09
Interesting conversation about the clutches. I think I've always felt some light slip/shudder in my auto when giving it full beans. My Revo sps goes up a pound or two in boost increments, one good thing about it.

Sounds like fun there, y'all are getting some serious power.

ttboost
February 16th, 2013, 02:43
Just got back from a little drive...wow..thats fun...shoulda done this 2 years ago...

We're not done tuning, so I'd rather not shout out numbers that really mean nothing...once I get injectors in it, we'll see what we can do...

ttboost
February 16th, 2013, 02:45
I'm corrected, it's running 11psi.

That's great power for 11lbs of boost.

Avus-RS6
February 16th, 2013, 03:00
12 taper 10 from the source. The "11" was from someone watching the dyno tuning. That's my final answer!

Brav
February 16th, 2013, 17:35
I think I'm running about 10lbsof boost, any more spins up the CM stage 3 clutch. I can't wait for a real clutch and 15psi!
so what clutch are you going to go with then? this is still a big questionI I have.

Avus-RS6
February 16th, 2013, 18:39
Brav, I'm going with an "AMD" clutch. It's a Clutch Masters clutch, self adjusting single disk that Jason specefied for use on their big power B5 S4's, many having 600+awhp and tq. I'm not sure it can be purchased directly from clutch masters. This is about all I know. Best to contact AMD, Jason can tell you more.

kday
February 17th, 2013, 18:09
I have a South Bend Stage 3 "street" clutch waiting to go into my RS6. Anyone have feedback on this particular unit?

SteveKen
February 17th, 2013, 18:30
This is what's currently installed on my old car. Now Jason's. From what I can tell, it's ok for stock levels but not ok for anything else.

ttboost
February 17th, 2013, 22:26
This is what's currently installed on my old car. Now Jason's. From what I can tell, it's ok for stock levels but not ok for anything else.

Yes, this is true. I did a lot of homework regarding my clutch decision. I spoke to Clutchmasters, South Bend, Spec, etc...

Everyone told me that to hold the power we wanted,(500whp), I needed a dual disc clutch, minimum, anywhere between $2000-$3500. Spec was the only one that had a single disc setup that would hold the power, without sacrificing drivability.

I bought the Spec Stage 3+, which a lot of B5 S4 guys use for 500+whp. The first 500 miles were a little chattery taking off and in reverse, but now at 700-800 miles or so, it's minty and I have no regrets. At only around $1000-$1200 or so, very affordable too. We'll see how long it lasts. Don't plan on living at the dragstrip either. Anyone local wants to try it...let me know...

kevin
February 18th, 2013, 00:51
I don't think a twin disc setup will work with Stephen's custom flywheel, or will it??

SteveKen
February 18th, 2013, 01:26
I don't think a twin disc setup will work with Stephen's custom flywheel, or will it??

I'm pretty sure it will not. Compatibility cross references with the 2.7T setups.

Unless there is a twin disc setup for the stock flywheel?

JSRS6
February 18th, 2013, 01:38
I'm pretty sure it will not. Compatibility cross references with the 2.7T setups.

Unless there is a twin disc setup for the stock flywheel?

All the twin disc setups I've seen use a smaller circumference bolt hole configuration, so yeah. Custom flywheel.

Avus-RS6
February 18th, 2013, 17:51
I stand corrected, SB stage 3 in my car. I had this clutch also in my first B5 S4 and it did not hold power for long when I went ASP stage 3. Probably fine if you plan on keeping the power in your RS6 stock but why would you do that?

lswing
February 19th, 2013, 00:41
Good stuff, clutchnet.com.

SteveKen
February 21st, 2013, 03:18
Update. No more kits available for immediate delivery. I have one partial kit that I can complete and deliver in 1-2 weeks. After that one is gone, it's going to be at least 4 weeks lead time after receiving a deposit since I'm currently in discussions with a new flywheel manufacturer.

SteveKen
August 6th, 2013, 15:41
More steel flywheels are finally being produced.

Therefore, more of the kits (adapter, flywheel, starter, hardware, instructions) will be in stock by the end of August.

Adapters are on their third revision, which should facilitate easier removal of the 01E with the turbos installed. (the overall width of the adapter is about .75 in narrower)

The flywheels are on their third revision, too, and are only recommended for use with the adapter.

Still $2100.

kevin
August 6th, 2013, 16:30
what changes were done to the flywheel?

SteveKen
August 6th, 2013, 16:48
what changes were done to the flywheel?

It's thicker by 2.2mm to match the added thickness of the adapter.

SteveKen
October 11th, 2013, 19:11
Finally received the new steel flywheels. The kits are now have a 1 or 2 week delivery time.

http://kendrish.com/galleries/RS6/adapter/2013_Flywheel/fw_r.jpg

http://kendrish.com/galleries/RS6/adapter/2013_Flywheel/fw_f.jpg

kday
October 11th, 2013, 19:51
Hi Steve. Do these steel flywheels differ from the old ones? I still haven't gotten around to installing mine...

Korben007
November 28th, 2013, 07:34
do you get the flywheels bolts or what do you use for those?

kevin
November 28th, 2013, 16:19
Korben, the flywheel comes with bolts.

SteveKen
November 28th, 2013, 17:16
do you get the flywheels bolts or what do you use for those?

The 10 flywheel bolts (socket head cap screws) are included.

What are not included are the 6 screws that attach the pressure plate to the flywheel. Going off memory, I want to say that they're M6 x 15 but not 100% sure.

kismetcapitan
November 29th, 2013, 10:25
Here's my back of the envelope list. I recently bought all the pieces to convert my S6 so it's pretty fresh in my mind.

My kit is $2100 plus shipping and includes the adapter, Tilton starter w/ custom nose, steel flywheel, hardware and instructions.
The tune through AMD is $750 (which requires you send them your ECU for the flash)
Clutch & Pressure Plate $700 - $1500

junkyard obtained items: ( or $2500 through www.audis4parts.com (http://www.audis4parts.com))

01E Transmission w/ brackets from B5 S4 or C5 A6 2.7T $200 - $4000 C5 A6 2.7T
C5 A6 2.7T Front axles $150/ pr
C5 A6 2.7T Driveshaft $200
B5 S4 or C5 A6 2.7T Pedal Assembly w/ switches and clutch master cyl $75
B5 S4 or C5 A6 2.7T Shifter & linkages $75

The rear diff does not need to be changed.

The RS6 trans mounts must also be used as they are about 10mm taller than the 2.7T ones.

Custom wiring involves making a reverse switch circuit, wiring in the neutral safety switch to the starter interlock relay and wiring the clutch vent valve switch to the ECU.

The current software requires swapping the dry side of the ABS controller to a C5 S6 or W8 Passat unit. I've seen them for anywhere from $100 to $250. Further refinements of the code might eliminate the need for this though.

ok, just wanted to sum things up:
adaptor kit - $2100
clutch - $1500 (don't want to skimp here)
axles, driveshaft, clutch pedal assy and shifter, 01E transmission: $2500
Torsen center diff - $550 (optional but sounds like it would be a very nice addition!)
ECU tune for functional ABS, etc - $750
30 hours labor@$100/hour - $3000

about $10,400 for complete swap...say $10K~11K.
$7000 minus the Torsen diff and self-installed.

Not a small chunk of change but in the realm of modifying cars, pretty cheap actually.

kevin
November 29th, 2013, 19:06
PP to flywheel bolts are M8x16

OEM p/n is N 014 739 11

You'll need 6 of them

SteveKen
March 6th, 2014, 16:28
I'm currently out of stock with these. The next batch of kits will be available 4 weeks after receiving full payment on the next order. Please PM me for any details.

Turbowned
March 21st, 2014, 14:45
I'll be looking to get one of these in the upcoming months. First step is to acquire a donor 6MT car, which I think I have a lead on.

SteveKen
May 21st, 2014, 20:11
I will have inventory for three more kits after July 1.

Not sure if I will produce any more after these three are sold since it's a lot of inventory to sit on in order for the reasonable pricing with min qty of 5 flywheels and 10 adapters at a pop....

qracing
September 12th, 2014, 17:56
whether you can get through the adapter sets the RS6 bcy / 01e gearbox? intended to put the c4 avant. if there is, what is the price.

ksung
October 16th, 2014, 17:47
I am thinking for convert my 04 RS6 to MT. Is your kits still available ?

SteveKen
October 20th, 2014, 15:07
I am thinking for convert my 04 RS6 to MT. Is your kits still available ?

PM sent on this.

sbcrc86
December 14th, 2014, 20:24
Is this kit still available? Having Slush Box issues for the second time in two years, 01E swap seems to be the most logical route to go.

SteveKen
December 15th, 2014, 04:47
Yes.

They are still available bit there is a lead time of 4-8 weeks. Please PM me for more details.

SteveKen
December 22nd, 2014, 22:43
I should have two (2) kits in stock by February 10, 2015.

If anyone is interested and wants to reserve one, PM me.

SteveKen
January 13th, 2015, 05:48
I'm now sold out of the remaining kits ready for delivery next month.

Moving forward, the only way I can supply more is basically a group buy situation of two (preferably three) or more people committed to 50% deposits up front with a 4-6 week lead time.

SteveKen
January 21st, 2015, 03:25
Another update.

I've managed to tweak some supplier orders and now have one more kit available for delivery by mid February 2015. Anyone interested?

BuffaloRS6
January 22nd, 2015, 03:07
Oh man. I really picked the wrong time to sell my car... haha

This looks awesome! Great work man!

Ad for my car is in the For Sale forum if anyone's looking for a GREAT car for a 6 speed swap. Could even sell the auto trans from it. Roughly 33,000 miles on it. Dealer installed. (Didn't mean to jack your post Steve.)

SteveKen
February 4th, 2015, 20:14
No more kits for now. Anyone with an interest (or renewed interest), please PM me to see about another pre-order type situation.

vmsreno
March 20th, 2015, 19:16
I am in need of a kit ASAP. Rory 775-453-fivefour53 call or text

SteveKen
March 20th, 2015, 20:57

Sent you a text. I'm currently 3-4 weeks out with flywheels.

bunnee
February 15th, 2016, 14:59
PM sent - thanks

BigD2500HD
March 3rd, 2016, 06:59
Just want to say I got my kit from Steve and finally got it installed and it went in smooth and was a great fit. Thanks again, SteveKen!!!

Squattro
March 23rd, 2016, 23:59
I need to remove the slush box asap! Are there any kits available Steve??

LuRS6
January 23rd, 2017, 21:53
Hey SteveKen just picked up a rs6. Already itching to swap a 6spd. Please tell me you have kits available??

SteveKen
January 25th, 2017, 02:40
Hey SteveKen just picked up a rs6. Already itching to swap a 6spd. Please tell me you have kits available??

PM Sent.

IM954
January 25th, 2017, 03:43
In the midst of doing S6-to-RS6 conversion and using Steve's kit. Quality and workmanship is fantastic! Can state with certainty that the 01E is about 150 lbs (can lift by myself) and that slushbox is quite a bit heavier.

BoiseAudi
February 20th, 2017, 22:48
Will be doing this as soon as my AT starts giving me fits. What is our AT transmission worth if I don't wait?

Rs6ny
February 26th, 2017, 17:04
I have the kit but not a fan of the aluminum flywheel, Do you sell a Steel Replacement?

vmsreno
March 31st, 2017, 19:17

Purchased a kit from you about a year ago and Audis4parts.com finally installed it.The starter fails once it's warmed up I need to get a replacement sent over please.Rory 775-453-5453 phone. You can also call Phil at Audis4parts or email him, he has the car. His email is xsedoenterprise@gmail.com (https://email17.godaddy.com/webmail.php?folder=INBOX&firstMessage=1#)> phone is 520-204-1483

SteveKen
March 31st, 2017, 20:08
Purchased a kit from you about a year ago and Audis4parts.com finally installed it.The starter fails once it's warmed up I need to get a replacement sent over please.Rory 775-453-5453 phone. You can also call Phil at Audis4parts or email him, he has the car. His email is xsedoenterprise@gmail.com (https://email17.godaddy.com/webmail.php?folder=INBOX&firstMessage=1#)> phone is 520-204-1483

I just emailed Phil for some details.

simple2me
February 1st, 2018, 23:27
Where does one get more information on this kit. Need information on flywheel. Trying to do 6spd swap with a W12. Has same crankshaft bolt pattern as vr6 but I need flywheel with crankshaft position ring.

SteveKen
February 2nd, 2018, 00:08
Where does one get more information on this kit. Need information on flywheel. Trying to do 6spd swap with a W12. Has same crankshaft bolt pattern as vr6 but I need flywheel with crankshaft position ring.

Feel free to email me at skendrish at hotmail. . .