PDA

View Full Version : Transmission upgrade companies on the West Coast?

2TURBOV8
August 11th, 2010, 02:23
Greetings,

I am the proud new owner of Fonzi's RS6! What an awesome car it is, but he did tell that he went through 2 trannies in this car. I am moving to central California in a few weeks, and I am looking for a company that can build me a bulletproof tranny on the West Coast, before I do more power mods. Level 10 and IPT are both in New Jersey. Any suggestions? I am sure there has got to be a transmission company in LA somewhere that can work on German cars. Please give me some company names if you know some. THANKS!!

Eric Smith :incar: :addict:

JSRS6
August 11th, 2010, 02:42
Im sure stasis can accommodate you Eric.

TozoM8
August 11th, 2010, 04:08
That is going to be very difficult. The trans is on it's limits already. The size of the input shaft and the clutch A drum is the limit and there is no room to put anything bigger/stronger parts.

DHall1
August 11th, 2010, 05:08
Nothing in CA that has ever been noted in RS6.com.

Send your car to Tozo in Chicago. Let him build a strong transmission.

Stronger than Level10 or IPT. RS6.com approved.

IMHO

Greetings,

I am the proud new owner of Fonzi's RS6! What an awesome car it is, but he did tell that he went through 2 trannies in this car. I am moving to central California in a few weeks, and I am looking for a company that can build me a bulletproof tranny on the West Coast, before I do more power mods. Level 10 and IPT are both in New Jersey. Any suggestions? I am sure there has got to be a transmission company in LA somewhere that can work on German cars. Please give me some company names if you know some. THANKS!!

Eric Smith :incar: :addict: