PDA

View Full Version : For the US Friends: Do you want the TT-RS?

Qisha
August 9th, 2010, 20:57
http://www.ttrspetition.com/

:deal:

Qisha

Benman
August 10th, 2010, 00:06
In my present condition (married with 3 kids) I would love to have one, but would most likely not buy it. Doesn't mean I don't love the car so heck, I'll sign the petition. ;)

Ben :addict:

JavierNuvolari
August 10th, 2010, 23:03
In my present condition (married with 3 kids) I would love to have one, but would most likely not buy it. Doesn't mean I don't love the car so heck, I'll sign the petition. ;)

Ben, I sense from your answer that is the TT RS goes stateside...you are going to have some serious dilema about getting one as a weekend / fulltime toy...he he he.

Saludos mate.

Benman
August 11th, 2010, 00:10
possibly. :)

quattrogeek
August 29th, 2010, 17:48
Wish the 5 cyl turbo motor would find its way into other Audi's as well. Would have loved to have seen this motor in the S4/S3....i'd take the 5cyl turbo over the tupercharged 6 or turbo 4 anyday.

R1
August 30th, 2010, 02:50
Yes! please bring it over :)

PatriotRSX
September 15th, 2010, 02:59
Wow, if I'd seen Qisha post this I'd have believed sooner that the facebook push was real. Dave, get out your checkbook and back up them fightin' words.

SAF
September 15th, 2010, 03:39
No lie, I've been stuffing money in a jar on the kitchen counter for a year and a half. It says "TTRS Fund" on the label.

Qisha
September 15th, 2010, 07:29
Dear Friends,

as you might already know, TT RS is coming to the USA and Canada. :incar:

Coupe only, 6-speed manual only, limited to 1.000 units in total (750 USA, 250 Canada).

Qisha

PS: pricing... is tend to keep the 5 in front.

DHall1
September 15th, 2010, 13:08
What took me so long to find this thread.

Hell YES!!!!!!!

Where do I put my deposit. I dont care what you all say about the government. Just give me my TT RS and I will go crawl back in my cave.

On a side note, Qisha....did the C6 RS6 have a returnless fuel system? In other words, no fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail and no return fuel line?

The link does not work on that first page. Tell me where to sign up with Audi.

Qisha
September 15th, 2010, 13:23
On a side note, Qisha....did the C6 RS6 have a returnless fuel system? In other words, no fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail and no return fuel line?

The link does not work on that first page. Tell me where to sign up with Audi.

Dear DHall1,

Fuel System RS 6 (C6):

- ully demand controlled

- two fuel tank mounted low pressure fuel lift pumps

- two returnless single-piston high-pressure FSI injection pumps driven via roller tappet from a double cam lobe on the inlet camshaft (max. pressure: 120 bars (1,740 psi)

- two separate stainless steel common rail fuel distributor rails (one rail per cylinder bank)

- ten combustion chamber sited direct injection solenoid controlled sequential fuel injectors

TT RS:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/exp/new_audi_models/audi_tt_rs/newsletter.html

Qisha

Benman
September 15th, 2010, 17:10
What took me so long to find this thread.

Hell YES!!!!!!!

Where do I put my deposit. I dont care what you all say about the government. Just give me my TT RS and I will go crawl back in my cave.

AoA comes through for Dave... congrats! :cheers:

DHall1
September 16th, 2010, 03:10
That is just music to my ears. What a design. Wow

Thank you as always and my form is sent to AoA. Now if they just charge me sticker price we have a deal.

Consider our AMG history. There will be two Audi RS models sitting out in the garage. This is the best news.

Dear DHall1,

Fuel System RS 6 (C6):

- ully demand controlled

- two fuel tank mounted low pressure fuel lift pumps

- two returnless single-piston high-pressure FSI injection pumps driven via roller tappet from a double cam lobe on the inlet camshaft (max. pressure: 120 bars (1,740 psi)

- two separate stainless steel common rail fuel distributor rails (one rail per cylinder bank)

- ten combustion chamber sited direct injection solenoid controlled sequential fuel injectors

TT RS:

http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/exp/new_audi_models/audi_tt_rs/newsletter.html

Qisha

DHall1
September 16th, 2010, 06:37
Now we are talkin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX61ZNnoGkU&feature=related

Benman
September 16th, 2010, 20:07
Now if they just charge me sticker price we have a deal.

Not going to happen. With a "5" in front (AKA $59K), I reckon that is as low as it goes. Afterall, it is not an R Golf, it is an RS. :cheers:

DHall1
September 16th, 2010, 22:27
You're saying what? That the dealers are going to markup over sticker?

In this economy? I think Audi should set a fair sticker price and I will pay full sticker price for the car. If not, then I wait a year to buy one used.

Audi of America can price themselves right out of the market niche for this RSTT if they dont watch it. There are other choices and not many folks want to drop 65k+ on a 2dr small coupe.

Not going to happen. With a "5" in front (AKA $59K), I reckon that is as low as it goes. Afterall, it is not an R Golf, it is an RS. :cheers:

SAF
September 16th, 2010, 22:43
.... limited to 1.000 units in total (750 USA, 250 Canada).
Qisha

From AoA webpage:
"To gauge consumer passion for the high-performance car, Audi launched an innovative survey on its Facebook tab. After more than 11,500 fans expressed their enthusiasm for the Audi TT RS in just one month, Audi executives concluded the car’s time had come."

This tells me the price will be on the high side to lower the actual "demand" for only 750 vehicles. Why so stingy with the allotment?

DHall1
September 16th, 2010, 23:04
I still say when the rubber meets the road if the price is too high then buyers will drop out. Looking at the typical euro price for the car and the reasonable current exchange rate....high 50s is a shot. You start heading north of 60 and far too many wives will start to have a say in the matter. Should be fun to watch.

From AoA webpage:
"To gauge consumer passion for the high-performance car, Audi launched an innovative survey on its Facebook tab. After more than 11,500 fans expressed their enthusiasm for the Audi TT RS in just one month, Audi executives concluded the car’s time had come."

This tells me the price will be on the high side to lower the actual "demand" for only 750 vehicles. Why so stingy with the allotment?

SAF
September 16th, 2010, 23:12
I may have to hold out for an RS3. I need the space. :)

Benman
September 16th, 2010, 23:59
high 50s is a shot. You start heading north of 60 and far too many wives will start to have a say in the matter. Should be fun to watch. That's actually what I am saying. Qisha said with a "5" in front, so I take it to mean $59K. For what it is, I would call that reasonable for any RS model, even the smallest one. :cheers:

Ben

uncfrk
September 29th, 2010, 03:20
I wonder if I will have a better chance since we already own 3 audi's??? It sure would be great to do the Euro delivery and catch an F1 race as a bonus.

Qisha
October 5th, 2010, 14:36
Nice Video... enjoy! :hey:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-bpEwnPUI4&feature=player_embedded#at=254

uncfrk
October 5th, 2010, 17:05
Very Very Nice.

Thanks for posting this. I've watched it twice. I'm going to watch it again. right now.

uncfrk
October 13th, 2010, 19:56
I ran across this in Sport Auto magazine. It has some nice pictures & other info.

http://www.sportauto-online.de/supertest/audi-tt-rs-mit-340-ps-coupe-mit-fuenfzylinder-turbo-test-1747833.html?fotoshow_tab=bild&fotoshowitem=30#article_detail

353S
December 28th, 2010, 09:20
Dear Friends,

as you might already know, TT RS is coming to the USA and Canada. :incar:

Coupe only, 6-speed manual only, limited to 1.000 units in total (750 USA, 250 Canada).

Qisha

PS: pricing... is tend to keep the 5 in front.

Qisha,
This is awesome news! I went to my dealer and submitted a deposit for their first allocated TTRS. Do you have any more info in regards to this for the USA?

Standard colors? Will Suzuka be available?
Seats? Will the Sport Buckets be available? (one could dream)

Thanks in advance,
D.

Axel1
June 5th, 2011, 21:41
Old thread & my first post. I have a deposit in for a TT RS ! I think it will be much more fun than the 370z, Cayman S, or BMW 1M. The engine sound will be amazing! I'm hoping the tuners can crack the code on the Bosch ECU for the new CEPB engine soon!

My future car:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/282/blue01b.png

kismetcapitan
August 30th, 2011, 07:56
<sigh> I would have greatly preferred the RS3...

quattrogeek
November 26th, 2011, 04:01
^ i concur...rs3 is much more practical for my needs....i would without a doubt buy one if they brought it over.