PDA

View Full Version : RIP "The Brit"

Boston Driver
August 3rd, 2010, 21:25
For those who knew "The Brit" (former RS6 owner), he apparently has lost his battle with cancer. RIP

X-post to QuattroWorld thread (http://forums.quattroworld.com/a6/msgs/23747.phtml)

4ng crcs
August 3rd, 2010, 21:40
A sad day.

I knew Chris from his long, thoughtful, entertaining posts on Audiworld and RS6 over several years.

He wrote interesting posts, had great taste in cars, and a wonderfully positive outlook about the world.

RIP

MaxRS6
August 3rd, 2010, 22:53
RIP

I wish him well in his new travels

Elevens
August 3rd, 2010, 23:06
Didn't know him, but all deaths are tragic. May he rest in peace, and my condolences to his family........

Benman
August 3rd, 2010, 23:59
I knew him through this forum in its early days and from some personal correspondence from the past. I have not been in touch with him lately and did not know about his battle with cancer. I am very sad to hear this news and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

May he rest in peace and comfort soon come to his loved ones he left behind.

Ben

snoopra
August 4th, 2010, 06:29
My condolences to his love ones.

Aronis
August 4th, 2010, 14:19
In the internet age one can touch the lives of so many, over great distances. The Brit had insightful posts for all to see and will be missed. Rest in Peace.

LIRS6
August 4th, 2010, 18:30
Yes, RIP - he provided numerous chuckles over the years on the Audiworld forum. Condolences to his family.

Klint
August 4th, 2010, 18:43
I remember his paint incident in the boot of his RS6, very amusing!

Sad to hear that he's passed on. My deepest condolences to all affected.

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/2096-I-think-I-preferred-the-trunk-in-grey?

RXBG
August 4th, 2010, 23:49
he posted a cheer-me-up message over on AW when i posted about my new B7 S4 getting rear-ended. tragic news.

Erik
August 7th, 2010, 20:06
Hurts to hear, I remember him.

cornishmoocher
August 7th, 2010, 22:38
My condolences, as said, the interweb makes the world a small and at times an intimate place, where you can connect with people you have not met, but feel like you know them as if they were your brother....

i think the paint thread should be made a sticky and locked as memorial to him- I mean, how many of us would have owned up to doing that?

Erik
August 8th, 2010, 12:34
i think the paint thread should be made a sticky and locked as memorial to him- I mean, how many of us would have owned up to doing that?

Good idea, we're planning to make a ONE sticky thread which should include threads like the one you mention, instead of having loads of sticky threads.

RobertV
February 19th, 2012, 16:11
Sorry Chris to have missed this....I'm sure you are still checking in on the forums and watching out for us all!
The paint thread always sticks in my memory and I'll always remember seeing the new trunk color.

nene
February 19th, 2012, 17:59
May "The Brit's" soul rest in peace, and his memory live with us for as long as do. Our prayers go out to him and his family.
We will miss you....

amanda
February 19th, 2012, 21:55
I didn't know the Brit but I send my condolances to the family and as said the Internet makes the world a smaller place RIP

RobertV
February 20th, 2012, 02:06
Nelson and Amanda - this happened in 2010. I felt moved to post b/c I followed his posts back in 02 and he always was a great contributor, but I have not been on this forum for some time.

AndyBG
February 20th, 2012, 16:37
Sorry to hear news like this...
RIP