View Full Version : Thank you, DRC, for being just an inch high...

ben916
August 2nd, 2010, 21:55
As some of you may know, my RS6 has the recalled version of the DRC.
The front is 14" (spot on) but the rear is 15" (high by about 1/2" to 3/4").

Today:
I was going to drop off a ETKA disc at John's work (Audi5000cstq) on the 8 going west between College and Waring (Google maps is your friend). That stretch of road is a large fast downhill and 5 lanes wide..

I am in the left lane and have to get over for the offramp to 15 North.
The lane merge is more of an accelerated lane merge (not a 3 o'clock move, more of a 1 o'clock move).
I start to merge over and am straddling the lanes (more towards the road tits under the driver's seat) and there is a flash of "something" in the road... F@#$!!!!!
I am thinking I hit a Crocodile (retread from a semi) and I am listening for the large hit/thud/smash and bit of stuff flying off...

Nothing....
I am listening, as best I can at speed, for anything...
I am watching the gauges for anything else...

Nothing...

The something................ A surf board...

LIRS6
August 2nd, 2010, 22:04
Cool - shark fins top + bottom

ben916
August 2nd, 2010, 23:06
Thankfully, it was clear that someone else had hit it before me, otherwise I would be on the side of the road with my Sportec cooling mod wrapped about my rear diff...

MaxRS6
August 3rd, 2010, 01:51
Good thing surf wasn't up! Hey Dude- What happened to my ride???

http://production.wks09.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/dieter-ugly-have-you-seen.jpeg

AUDI5000CSTQ
August 3rd, 2010, 02:11
Aaa
uuuu
gghhhhh
i'm blind

ben916
August 3rd, 2010, 03:39
+1 to infinity (not the car company or toy story) about the blindness

BZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!! (that's the gay-dar going off due to that photo! Thanx Max! Stick with the OZZY please :) )

V8weight
August 3rd, 2010, 03:52
Ben, congrats on a narrowly avoided crisis. Randy, lil' sis is giving you two strikes on that photo. One more, and she'll be paying a visit.........

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/UglyGirl.jpg

MaxRS6
August 3rd, 2010, 14:08
Ben, congrats on a narrowly avoided crisis. Randy, lil' sis is giving you two strikes on that photo. One more, and she'll be paying a visit.........

Mighty Casey would even put his bat down with that potential risk...Yikes

Ben:
For now this will have to work...

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/19500/Ozzy-Osbourne-19512.jpg

F1 Dad
September 17th, 2010, 19:55
Just saw this.... I have the same issue after the DRC 'fix'. Any easy solution to get the rear lower?

ben916
September 17th, 2010, 20:02
Just saw this.... I have the same issue after the DRC 'fix'. Any easy solution to get the rear lower?

IIRC, Pat stated (or was it Dave?) mark rear control arms with sharpie, loosen rear control arms, bounce, measure, retighten... measure center hub to fender lip.

DHall1
September 17th, 2010, 22:30
Then kick the dog three times and pee on the monkey.

There were several threads on it a couple months back. Let me see if I can search for one.