PDA

View Full Version : rolled fenders

HeadShot
July 31st, 2010, 17:03
Anyone rolled the fenders on the beast?? If so please kick in the details.. any issues etc.

I am getting plans together to mod the rear bumper - because i hate the fake plastic mesh. I am probable going to add in a small diffuser .. spare wheel well is an issue // working on that. Yep definitely cutting the bumper :)

And as it will end up at paint i want to do the wheel arches as well. If i had more room at the house i would probably try and replace them with bigger ones (DTM look and some bigger feet) But a single car garage is kinda limiting - so will roll them out for now.

Someone was going to roll them out a few years back - searched but found nothing... Some pics of a completed job would be great!

Thanks
HS

skribe
July 31st, 2010, 17:12
Anyone rolled the fenders on the beast?? If so please kick in the details.. any issues etc.

I am getting plans together to mod the rear bumper - because i hate the fake plastic mesh. I am probable going to add in a small diffuser .. spare wheel well is an issue // working on that. Yep definitely cutting the bumper :)HS

Tons of examples out there from the A4 guys rolling their fenders... never heard of anyone needing to make an RS6 fatter!

Regarding the rear plastic mesh, I agree, it bugs me too. The one non-functional thing on the car. I blacked out the two body-color vertical pillars to clean up that area, then painted my plate surround body color (avus). I was thinking there must be a lower molding from another car that would be close enough to adapt, maybe the C6 S6... I don't think I want a diffuser look, just lose that fake mesh for something smooth.

Good luck!

HeadShot
July 31st, 2010, 17:36
I pulled the fake mesh panels off to see what i was dealing with - thats easy. Plan to do the rear end in steps.. starting with just cutting out the solids behind the fake mesh and then replacing the fake with some expanded mesh of a good size / thickness. Will take picks etc. Then fab up a backing shield on the car against the spare wheel well that curves up behind the bumper to the top of the cut outs. This will clean everything up.
If i decide it needs more i'll cut that whole wing and vertical pillars off it also and fab up a diffuser sheet to fit that area. The way the bumper is molded it has a great border ridge to work with that should really help give it a clean look when done. The diffuser panel will tie in to it really well.

Thats the plan. Had the car tinted out yesterday by Signature Glass Tint in Costa Mesa L.A . My front window was cracked last month so replaced yesterday and had that tinted also - (basically clear with nano cermic film for heat reflection) Excellent shop - i drove 2 hrs to use them and it was well worth it - they had great connections for a paint shop and detailer.
So they loved my hood and lip spoilers - told them i'd been thinking about doing other stuff to her and got plenty of encouragement so it's on :)!!!!
Willl take plenty of pics along the way and maybe do two this time so when i'm all done i will have a spare to unload.

melsas
July 31st, 2010, 21:05
Do you know what brand tint they used? What percent did you go with?

Can you cover the whole windshield in CA - with clear film only?

ben916
August 1st, 2010, 02:53
I pulled the fake mesh panels off to see what i was dealing with - thats easy. Plan to do the rear end in steps.. starting with just cutting out the solids behind the fake mesh and then replacing the fake with some expanded mesh of a good size / thickness. Will take picks etc. Then fab up a backing shield on the car against the spare wheel well that curves up behind the bumper to the top of the cut outs. This will clean everything up.
If i decide it needs more i'll cut that whole wing and vertical pillars off it also and fab up a diffuser sheet to fit that area. The way the bumper is molded it has a great border ridge to work with that should really help give it a clean look when done. The diffuser panel will tie in to it really well.

Thats the plan. Had the car tinted out yesterday by Signature Glass Tint in Costa Mesa L.A . My front window was cracked last month so replaced yesterday and had that tinted also - (basically clear with nano cermic film for heat reflection) Excellent shop - i drove 2 hrs to use them and it was well worth it - they had great connections for a paint shop and detailer.
So they loved my hood and lip spoilers - told them i'd been thinking about doing other stuff to her and got plenty of encouragement so it's on :)!!!!
Willl take plenty of pics along the way and maybe do two this time so when i'm all done i will have a spare to unload.

Photos please! and/or design...

Also waiting on Hood templates.... :)

HeadShot
August 1st, 2010, 18:21
Tint Pics and details tonight.. Paintball today (great cure for a hang over:) Ben PM me your mailing address and i'll shoot ya a template for the hood. Its the basics.. if you can connect the dots its all you need.

Any tint on the front windshield is not allowed in CA atleast. But its very clear and i figure when i get pulled over that will be the least of my worries.

HeadShot
August 3rd, 2010, 05:08
Tried to post Pictures but no luck... ERIC?? Had the right size etc.
Anyway used 20% Llumar tint on the sides and back.. next time maybe 35% - 20% is pretty dark from the outside. Great from the inside but will still get ya a ticket.
Llumar Air80 on the front. Excellent.

If the picture problem gets sorted i'll post em

snoopra
August 3rd, 2010, 06:08
Get a free PHOTOBUCKET account and host the pics!

HeadShot
August 4th, 2010, 00:53
The sides and back have Llumar %20 and the front has Llumar Air 80 nano ceramic
To do again maybe only 35% on the sides.
This stuff is 1mm thick. The Uber Optic is 2mm thick and i guess there have been many problems with it on vechicles. As its so thick is will start to peel much eaiser as crud gets under the edges. Guess the company was heading under with issues and is possibly getting brought out by Llumar??

I was going to get the Uber but after extensive research.. i perfer not to have issues down the road :)

ben916
August 4th, 2010, 06:51
The Uber Optic is 2mm thick and i guess there have been many problems with it on vechicles. As its so thick is will start to peel much eaiser as crud gets under the edges. Guess the company was heading under with issues and is possibly getting brought out by Llumar??

I was going to get the Uber but after extensive research.. i perfer not to have issues down the road :)

SERIOUS?!?!? The quoted me $560 installed but i had 3 RS6 lined up so they dropped the price to $500...
Did you get my PM for my address??