PDA

View Full Version : Oil Temp has dropped 50 degrees

MaxRS6
July 30th, 2010, 13:40
After the recent repairs (including new intercoolers, small coolant leak, seals, etc.)- my oil temp has dropped approx 50 degrees. The car normally ran at about 250 - 260. Now in our 100 degree Arkansas days- the car is running oil temp at about 200 to 210- this includes when I ran it at triple digits for a few miles.

Side note- brake pad sensor is sending false signals and not even hooked to pads. Techs are still searching for an answer (they have tried various and still scratching their heads). They are researching and are going to attempt to repair again during the car's next stay at their hotel.
http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz195/MaxRS6/2010%20Coolant%20Repair/OilTemp.jpg

hahnmgh63
July 30th, 2010, 14:21
Could be a bad pad. Have them unplug the sensor and check the resistance across the sensor, it should be infinite until it wears down where both leads touch the rotor and get contact.

MaxRS6
July 30th, 2010, 14:28
Thanks for the input- I'm not running stock pads and the sensors are not connected. They have wrapped each of the ends- Then even spliced in at the back of the display to bypass the pin for this signal. They think the signal shouldn't even be reaching the display due to the bypass- recent guess is that the display may be bad. However; they don't know for sure and state they are "researching further"- I thinks it is worldwide code for "please go as we don't have a clue at the moment

TozoM8
July 30th, 2010, 14:46
You need to ground the wires. When the rotor cuts the wire there is no more ground and it triggers the display.

MaxRS6
July 30th, 2010, 15:24
You need to ground the wires. When the rotor cuts the wire there is no more ground and it triggers the display.

Thanks Tozo- I believe they did ground the wires during the wrap and I did not describe properly. I'll go take a look.