PDA

View Full Version : front bumper sensors?

pierson
July 28th, 2010, 03:03
what are the sensors on my front bumper for? i did about 20 min of searching threads and google and can't find out. i assumed they were part of the park-tronics thing, but mine don't go off when i get close to things

JSRS6
July 28th, 2010, 03:17
You have to remove the bumper to see it, but from the back, there is nothing there. They are just place holders. Im guessing the front parktronic was an option.

V8weight
July 28th, 2010, 03:20
Yep, on the Euro spec cars, these would have been parktronic sensors. On the US spec, they are just plugs. When I first bought the car, I assumed they were sensors for perhaps a predictive cruise control system. The Dodge Caravan that I almost rear ended at 80mph proved me wrong.

skribe
July 28th, 2010, 03:30
At least you didn't pull the front bumper to troubleshoot a non-existent feature :mech: :doh:

Oh well. Clear corner mod as long as I was in there.

V8weight
July 28th, 2010, 03:38
At least you didn't pull the front bumper to troubleshoot a non-existent feature :mech: :doh:

Oh well. Clear corner mod as long as I was in there.
Seriously? Haha, too funny. Sounds like something I would do, luckily I found an answer before it came to that. As long as were on the subject, did you ever finish your headlamps? Any pics?

hahnmgh63
July 28th, 2010, 03:40
Never an option in the U.S. but yes in Europe. Not sure if the car is wired for it or not.

ben916
July 28th, 2010, 05:26
um, well, the first RS6 that I drove (lemon law return with 36k for $47k 4 years ago) had them in the front and they were functional. (if you don't believe me, we can ro-sham-bo for it and I go first)

I drove from a sales lot just west of the Miramar Audi on Miramar Road, west to the 805 and was terrified of the power under my right foot, exited on Sorrento Valley road, headed East to Camino Ruiz and back to the sales lot. I pulled into the parking space facing the building and there was a post there and the parking sensor was screaming at me...

Born2be
July 28th, 2010, 16:23
The front sensors on my S8 are functional

W>