PDA

View Full Version : Putting Car in "service position."

Aronis
July 28th, 2010, 01:22
This is begining to sound like a very common setup for Audi cars. They spoke of the service position on A8, A6 and A4, so sounds like a commonly done thing!

I had looked at the car this weekend trying to figure out how the car front end get's tilted into the service position, and I saw there were several hoses with DIFFERENT connectors which are actually removable types! I assume those are the connections which are opened to move the front away from the engine.

So after being put in the position which fluids are likely to be low? Looks like mainly the radiator but I am not sure.

Does anyone have a how to do list on this procedure?

Thanks,

Mike

V8weight
July 28th, 2010, 01:33
If nobody's answered by the time I get home I'll walk you through it. I've gotten it down to removing only two hoses and losing about a quart of coolant. I'm out helping the girlfriend try on dresses at the moment. ;)

JRS-RS6
July 28th, 2010, 02:28
If nobody's answered by the time I get home I'll walk you through it. I've gotten it down to removing only two hoses and losing about a quart of coolant. I'm out helping the girlfriend try on dresses at the moment. ;)

It would be too easy to have fun with that comment -- like what's you're size? Seriously though -- see you Saturday AM! Can't wait to see and install my new pedals and run some logs on your new tune.

Aronis
July 28th, 2010, 14:02
Now I am picturing Forest Gump in the woman's section saying "Life is like a box of Chocolates..."

terrytcl
July 29th, 2010, 15:52
i've got a print out from my service manual.

i can scan it and post it up if someone can host it.

Aronis
July 29th, 2010, 17:46
Is it on the bentley CD rom?

terrytcl
July 29th, 2010, 18:39
Is it on the bentley CD rom?

nope, on elsawin

skyegtb
August 11th, 2010, 02:24
Any update on this? I would be very interested in reading through the process of doing this job for future reference. Thanks.