PDA

View Full Version : Oh no!! 17125....

Elevens
July 22nd, 2010, 14:28
When you guys said welcome to the club, I didn't know it would be the 17125 club. (Faking a LOL!). Any way after a brief encounter with a Nissan GTR on the way home from work (slapped it into "S" mode and stepped to around 130mph and had to back of because of traffic) I had stopped by my Dad. When left him and heading home I notice the MIL was on. What the hell is this, I'm thinking. Any way I Vagged it and came up with the Dreaded 17125 code. I am a little worried now. Does this mean a Transmission failure is near? Or will a Transmission Service at the dealer at lease prolong impending failure. I cleared the Fault and all is well right now. For how long I don't know. Everything seems to be shifting Ok. But needless to say I am still worried. Oh well good thing I bought the 4 year 50,000 mile warranty. Just didn't think I might be using it so soon......

DHall1
July 22nd, 2010, 14:42
The TC clutch has slipped. This has happened when the TC was in lockup. You have clutch material flowing thru the trans right now.

The less you drive the better.

The less you drive at hwy speeds the better.

How long have you had the ext warranty? If more than a few months then take it in asap.

Make sure you have them flush all the fluid and the lines when the transmission comes out.

We all need the updated TC and will have to go thru this at some point.

When you guys said welcome to the club, I didn't know it would be the 17125 club. (Faking a LOL!). Any way after a brief encounter with a Nissan GTR on the way home from work (slapped it into "S" mode and stepped to around 130mph and had to back of because of traffic) I had stopped by my Dad. When left him and heading home I notice the MIL was on. What the hell is this, I'm thinking. Any way I Vagged it and came up with the Dreaded 17125 code. I am a little worried now. Does this mean a Transmission failure is near? Or will a Transmission Service at the dealer at lease prolong impending failure. I cleared the Fault and all is well right now. For how long I don't know. Everything seems to be shifting Ok. But needless to say I am still worried. Oh well good thing I bought the 4 year 50,000 mile warranty. Just didn't think I might be using it so soon......

Elevens
July 22nd, 2010, 14:51
I've have the car for about 5 Months. I got the warranty Immediately after I got the Car. If the DTC comes back(Since I cleared It) I will bring to the dealer and take it from there. I will keep you all Informed as to what happens. Hope it doesn't come to this but It probably will....................

DHall1
July 22nd, 2010, 14:58
All you got to do is take it out on any stretch and cruise to say 40 or 50. Then roll into the throttle a few times.

hold speed and roll into throttle. back down again and do it over again.

presto.

Elevens
July 22nd, 2010, 15:05
Dave, What am I supposed to be looking for?

DHall1
July 22nd, 2010, 15:08
1st you need to get the TC clutch to lockup. 40-50 and holding speed.

Then you need to apply slight power to get the TC clutch to slip again. rolling in the throttle

You may feel a slipping like your clutch going bad in a manual car.

As soon as the ECU sees rpm shoot up a couple times....presto MIL comes on again.

Dave, What am I supposed to be looking for?

Elevens
July 22nd, 2010, 15:12
Ok I will check that out later. The irony of it all, I am heading out in a little while to get my Non Res Milltek exhaust installed and this just takes all the Joy away from it all........

DHall1
July 22nd, 2010, 15:24
If your going to install Milltek downpipes.

Dont do it yet.

Your trans is coming out. Let the dealer install the downpipes after the car is inspected by the ext warranty.

Ok I will check that out later. The irony of it all, I am heading out in a little while to get my Non Res Milltek exhaust installed and this just takes all the Joy away from it all........

Elevens
July 22nd, 2010, 15:35
Yea I was thinking about that. But no this is just the Catback Exhaust. Now I am thinking about getting some Downpipes so that when the Tranny goes I will have everything done at the same time. Downpipes are so damn expensive though. Oh well, we'll see. Thanks for the Info and advice Dave......

mmaturo
July 22nd, 2010, 18:58
Ahhhhh memories... good luck with it. Dave, is there such a thing as an upgraded TC from Audi or were you referring to going aftermarket?

DHall1
July 22nd, 2010, 19:23
I think the Audi TC has been updated.

The TC clutch has slipped. This has happened when the TC was in lockup. You have clutch material flowing thru the trans right now.

The less you drive the better.

The less you drive at hwy speeds the better.

How long have you had the ext warranty? If more than a few months then take it in asap.

Make sure you have them flush all the fluid and the lines when the transmission comes out.

We all need the updated TC and will have to go thru this at some point.

GEN XER
July 22nd, 2010, 21:48
Yea I was thinking about that. But no this is just the Catback Exhaust. Now I am thinking about getting some Downpipes so that when the Tranny goes I will have everything done at the same time. Downpipes are so damn expensive though. Oh well, we'll see. Thanks for the Info and advice Dave......

This has to come off too, in order to replace the trans. I got pics of a trans replacement for an RS6.