PDA

View Full Version : Who is the brilliant Jack A$$ at Audi of America that made this decision?BuyerBeware

DHall1
July 19th, 2010, 23:41
So if this is true,

I'm done with Audi. I will call BMW and Benz to confirm their support status and they get my business. Period end of story.

Audi no longer supports the RS6 in America. If we need parts we need to pay to have them shipped to the US.

Tell me what bean counter dip $hit came up with this brilliant idea? A 90,000 dollar car and the pride of the mark dropped like a Chevy Cavalier.

I'm so friggin pissed off right now. Can you tell?

AoA says "you are lucky we supported the car this long" "you need to pay if you want parts"

Just over 6 years from when these cars were sold new.

Pat (v8weight) needs a alternator. Guess what? Not a single unit in the US. Guess what? He need to pay shipping to get a RS6 alternator shipped to the US.

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

gooseleg
July 19th, 2010, 23:46
I also need an alternator, I was told an hour ago that it will come from NJ

eurotunedrs6
July 19th, 2010, 23:51
Im really hoping this isnt the case....if it is though there are plenty of other places that will carry the parts. Audi needs to step it up though, thats pretty rediculous.

DHall1
July 19th, 2010, 23:57
If this is the "market decision" to build market share in the US?

Then let me tell you this.

Epic fail.

The Audi brand will be trashed across every Audi forum in the USA. I will do if I have to. I will also trash the value of my car in the process but who gives a ratts a$$.

Stupid. Dumb and dumber does not even come close.

CornersWell
July 19th, 2010, 23:59
I'm sensing yet another class action suit by disaffected and abandoned RS6 Owners. Seriuosly, AoA is off the hook CRAZY! First, they bring the best of the best to our shores. With flaws. They then deny there are any flaws and attempt to deny coverage under their own warranty for those flaws. Then, they re-design to address the flaws (with no admission that there were flaws, of course). THEN, they fail to bring the replacement, essentially wasting all the effort of bringing the RS6 here in the first place. And, now, THIS? I've long said I don't know what to replace the RS6 with, but if Audi is so ready to cut some of their best and most loyal owners (after all, who ELSE who have stuck by their RS6s with DRC failures?!) off below the knees, they'll have a difficult time convincing us that the next car should be an Audi. CLK63 Black Series looks BAD A$$, anyway!

CW

MaxRS6
July 20th, 2010, 00:00
Oooooffffff-- Not good news and then to add insult- enjoy the wait time on the slow boat. Oh then there is always the "oops we discovered we need part B after installing part A and we'll need to place another order- please stand by again"

<EMBED height=385 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=480 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/doqTSev-_lQ&hl=en_US&fs=1 allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></EMBED> (file://<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/doqTSev-_lQ&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/doqTSev-_lQ&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>)

skribe
July 20th, 2010, 00:14
AoA says "you are lucky we supported the car this long" "you need to pay if you want parts"

Where did you get these quotes from? A bit hard for me to believe... to me it sounds like Zurich is jacking Pat around looking to wiggle out of some cost. How could Audi stop supporting a car they still sell an "Audi" (nee, Fidelity) warranty for? These cars do still carry factory rust-through warranties for a few years. Would they make you pay to have the proprietary body panels shipped from Germany if you had to make good on that warranty? Can't believe that...

I've heard of manufacturers ceasing some support ten years on, but never this soon. Is this fact from AoA's mouth and if so, who's?

AudiRS4ever
July 20th, 2010, 00:20
Glad I'm already on the list for the F10 M5. This is making me feel better about my decision to abandon Audi. I washed the 6 this weekend and started feeling guilty. I was thinking of maybe keeping it and getting the M5 too, or maybe not at all. But after reading Dave's post I think I am ready to move forward when the M5 comes out. I can tell you that when I bought my Z8 BMW gave me a letter stating they intended to keep parts readily available for 50 years. Too bad that car sucked so bad. At least I could have still gotten parts if/when I needed them. And Audi can't keep parts in the U.S. for a decade? Seriously?!?!?

Here's my message to AOA and Audi Germany if you're listening.

Your dealerships all suck! They all treat you like you're buying a Ford. I don't know why BMW dealers are so much better, but I have to figure it's because BMW monitors their dealer networks and doesn't let them get away with the bullshit you guys do. Audi Customer Care Sucks! When I had on-going problems with my Z8 BMW sent an engineer out from Jersey to look at it and then said they were going to do everything possible to make me happy, from buying the car back to paying for my inconvenience. I didn't ask them to do either, because I was so blown away with how quickly they were reacting. When I called AOA to tell them that my car looked like an Allroad after the recall they told me that there was nothing they could do to help. And if you guys really told Dave something as arrogant as, "You are lucky we supported the car this long." you don't deserve him or me as customers anymore. I'm glad I convenced my wife to by the Ultimate Yuppy Machine, instead of another Audi. And I'll gladly get rid of my last 2 Audi's and join the Yuppy group after reading Dave's message. Sucks that Audi is so concerned about numbers they've completely forgotten about the customer's that helped the company stay in America after 1986. Too bad indeed.

PS If this was not said by one of your reps, then I apologize and will keep my RS6 until my M5 gets here (since there is nothing you bring to us worth a crap) and then make a decision whether or not to keep it or sell it. Oh yeah, you and your dealerships still suck. :thumb:

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 00:26
I gave Pat my direct contact at AoA. He was not in today and Pat talked to Scott who is a RS6 customer care rep.

Straight from Scotts mouth to Pats ear.

I trust Pats ear.

I did not say Audi would stop making parts....but we bear the burden to ship the parts over to the US.

Bonehead of bonehead moves.

Where did you get these quotes from? A bit hard for me to believe... to me it sounds like Zurich is jacking Pat around looking to wiggle out of some cost. How could Audi stop supporting a car they still sell an "Audi" (nee, Fidelity) warranty for? These cars do still carry factory rust-through warranties for a few years. Would they make you pay to have the proprietary body panels shipped from Germany if you had to make good on that warranty? Can't believe that...

I've heard of manufacturers ceasing some support ten years on, but never this soon. Is this fact from AoA's mouth and if so, who's?

Hy Octane
July 20th, 2010, 00:31
D Hall.. I just spoke to my SA at my dealership.. He says BS.. He just had an RS6 in friday and had no extra charges for parts. There has always been a 20% service charge for parts that have to be sent from Der Fatherland, but this is used to pay for putting it on a plane instead of waiting for a boat.
In short, you are being fed a crock. There has been no directive from HQ about this.. Perhaps you could get whomever told you this to send a copy of this new directive or give you the number of someone at AoA who can confirm this.
And, why would this just apply to RS6's? How about 2003 A6/S6 and other models? Not the kind of thing only a few would have been told about.

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 00:35
That is how you treat customers. Telling a Z8 buyer straight up we will have parts for 50 years.

These are not Kia Rio's people. Wake up.

I can tell you that when I bought my Z8 BMW gave me a letter stating they intended to keep parts readily available for 50 years. Too bad that car sucked so bad. At least I could have still gotten parts if/when I needed them. And Audi can't keep parts in the U.S. for a decade? Seriously?!?!?

Your dealerships all suck! They all treat you like you're buying a Ford. I don't know why BMW dealers are so much better, but I have to figure it's because BMW monitors their dealer networks and doesn't let them get away with the bullshit you guys do. Audi Customer Care Sucks! When I had on-going problems with my Z8 BMW sent an engineer out from Jersey to look at it and then said they were going to do everything possible to make me happy, from buying the car back to paying for my inconvenience. I didn't ask them to do either, because I was so blown away with how quickly they were reacting. When I called AOA to tell them that my car looked like an Allroad after the recall they told me that there was nothing they could do to help. And if you guys really told Dave something as arrogant as, "You are lucky we supported the car this long." you don't deserve him or me as customers anymore. I'm glad I convenced my wife to by the Ultimate Yuppy Machine, instead of another Audi. And I'll gladly get rid of my last 2 Audi's and join the Yuppy group after reading Dave's message. Sucks that Audi is so concerned about numbers they've completely forgotten about the customer's that helped the company stay in America after 1986. Too bad indeed.

PS If this was not said by one of your reps, then I apologize and will keep my RS6 until my M5 gets here (since there is nothing you bring to us worth a crap) and then make a decision whether or not to keep it or sell it. Oh yeah, you and your dealerships still suck. :thumb:

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 00:39
This may be true of parts that are kept in the US. But when a simple part such as an alternator needs to be shipped from Germany...what does that tell you about the level of parts support in the US for RS6 components?

I can see levels of parts supply for the RS6 dropping and we run into many more of these "sorry but we have to order this xyz RS6 part from Germany and you have to pay shipping."

Again, I was not fed the line from AoA. Pat was. He called to check and was given this line from a Scott.

I would say Scott is causing lots of grief with bonehead words like that.

D Hall.. I just spoke to my SA at my dealership.. He says BS.. He just had an RS6 in friday and had no extra charges for parts. There has always been a 20% service charge for parts that have to be sent from Der Fatherland, but this is used to pay for putting it on a plane instead of waiting for a boat.
In short, you are being fed a crock. There has been no directive from HQ about this.. Perhaps you could get whomever told you this to send a copy of this new directive or give you the number of someone at AoA who can confirm this.
And, why would this just apply to RS6's? How about 2003 A6/S6 and other models? Not the kind of thing only a few would have been told about.

skribe
July 20th, 2010, 00:39
Your dealerships all suck!

Have to agree with you there. Audi dealers have not been on par with others in my experience. Land Rover treats me like a customer deserves to be treated. They've fixed things that weren't even covered under factory warranty without giving me any crap about it at all. BMW dealer is the same, always treats me with respect.

Audi dealers have misrepresented the truth, to put it kindly, and mis-diagnosed my car, then suggested I "contact whatever used-car lot I picked it up at" when their diagnosis turned out to be wrong. Dumb shit doesn't know what I can afford and lost my business forever with one stupid, insulting comment.

And then the problem turned out to be very simple, a $100 fix after I diagnosed it myself.

Damn I love the car though. But the new M5 is philosophically very similar... the bug is burrowing...

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 00:43
Bada bing,

Who in their right mind tells any RS6 owner "go back to the used car lot you got the car from"

Oh crap, the $hit would hit the fan so fast the whole place would need to be wiped down.

Have to agree with you there. Audi dealers have not been on par with others in my experience. Land Rover treats me like a customer deserves to be treated. They've fixed things that weren't even covered under factory warranty without giving me any crap about it at all. BMW dealer is the same, always treats me with respect.

Audi dealers have misrepresented the truth, to put it kindly, and mis-diagnosed my car, then suggested I "contact whatever used-car lot I picked it up at" when their diagnosis turned out to be wrong. Dumb shit doesn't know what I can afford and lost my business forever with one stupid, insulting comment.

And then the problem turned out to be very simple, a $100 fix after I diagnosed it myself.

Damn I love the car though. But the new M5 is philosophically very similar... the bug is burrowing...

GEN XER
July 20th, 2010, 00:52
Damn Damn Damn!! That is not good. Dave is Livid!!!

gooseleg
July 20th, 2010, 01:57
If that is the case I'm selling.

p3u
July 20th, 2010, 03:22
I don't believe this, I'm pretty sure there is a law in the USA that states ever car sold in the use has to have parts produced and readily available for 16 years if I remember correctly. Ill dig further. If it is true ill be selling the beast.

mmaturo
July 20th, 2010, 03:25
Bada bing,

Who in their right mind tells any RS6 owner "go back to the used car lot you got the car from"

Somebody from A of A said that ^^^^?? Some of us are a little longer term. Honestly over the years i did have to wait forever for parts to come in because they were not in the US period. In my experience with the car they never had a stack of parts around anyway for the RS6, only the common A6 parts. At this point I guess it would make sense that if i am off warranty i would have to pay to get the parts here if they weren't. I do not think they ever were. None of my transmissions were.

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 05:18
Mark,

That quote was from a local dealer. Read skribe's post above again.

It was AoA that said, "you are lucky we supported the car this long" "its 7yrs old and a rare car"

I say WTF you idiot at AoA. Scott to be personal.

You go buy a friggin 90k car and keep it pristine and the mileage low and then see the rug pulled out from under you at 6yrs not 7years. Tell me how happy that would make you. Jack A$$.

This guy at AoA is ding dong for sure. Dont ever tell your top dog customers we dont support you but you can order from Germany.

Bean counters rule at AoA.

They can count the beans real good.

They can count the beans so good that all the customers will leave little $hit turds instead of cash for their next vehicle purchase.

Somebody from A of A said that ^^^^?? Some of us are a little longer term. Honestly over the years i did have to wait forever for parts to come in because they were not in the US period. In my experience with the car they never had a stack of parts around anyway for the RS6, only the common A6 parts. At this point I guess it would make sense that if i am off warranty i would have to pay to get the parts here if they weren't. I do not think they ever were. None of my transmissions were.

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 05:21
I will go build a new 69 Camaro and sell everything else. Put a twin turbo small block in it and full road race suspension. 8psi 550hp and A/C. Call it good. Parts will always be avail for a 69 Camaro.

Done with this crap from Audi.

mmaturo
July 20th, 2010, 05:41
Got it. I feel you Dave. I will go overboard when my transmission goes again and i will be left stuck with a useless car and no choice but to buy a full unit from ZF and ship it over (since they will not sell individual parts to rebuild the damn things from what i understand??) after it sits a few months while i gather the huge amounts of cash to do the fix. Well Audi if you built the damn thing right in the first place. I think Audi has probably figured out that 98% of the original owners who did originally pay $85K for the top car have moved on a long time ago and they are probably hoping they do all fall apart so they can be rid of the car that I am sure ate them alive during the warranty period. With the biggest of the big dogs happily in their R8s and S8s and lately Panamera's that seem to be doing way better than the RS6 ever did... well the big money guys are happy and will keep buying things somewhere in the VW empire. I paid in the $70s and lost my ass on this damn thing over 5 years and have not been able to get a fair trade in ever on it or have it really fully fixed until the last 15K miles or so (fluckers...that's what I'm pissed about is dealers jacking on the trade-ins...i want a few K less than they would sell it for but they will offer 5 to 8K less than retail).

My only faith is that all my other Audi's have been great, just this damn thing is a disaster. My service from my dealer has been ok and still better than my corresponding BMW experiences. The cars i am likely to get next seem to be better than an RS6 out of the box so R8, TT RS, RS5 are all on the short list as well as the Porsche Spyder that after seeing and sitting in this weekend for the first time i kinda really want one although stupid as shit for my climate. First Porsche that i really like the looks of in a long time. When kids come it may be back to BMW for an SUV though.

snoopra
July 20th, 2010, 05:43
Scott @ Audi Customer Care sounds like the typical A$$_OLE that has no idea about customer service, or AUDI for that matter. First, MOST of our parts are interchangeable with A4's, A6's, Allroads, etc. Second, I've spoken to three Customer Care Reps within an hour, gotten three completely different answers. A$$_OLES

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 08:01
Mark,

You have Tozo right there in Chicago. He can build you the stout transmission when the time comes.

We still have a long list of original owners. I got mine from doc Weiner at 22k miles.

Do most Audi dealers suck? Hard to say but my experience has been 50/50. Audi service again 50/50. The big problem is when the service or dealer is bad...its real bad. I mean these folks are the most arrogant pricks on the planet. Then you find some good ones and you go out of your way to go back.

I think we have AoA to blame. For whatever reason the bean counters are running this show. I dont think Audi in Germany treats RS or S customers this way.

AoA is the problem. We dont get the S4 avant, RS4 avant, hell for that matter who has ever seen a A6 avant with the supercharged v6? The brilliant bozos want fleets of A4s and Q5s running around the streets. Check the inside front cover of Golf Digest. Caddy CTS wagon and a full two page spread and you can get the CTSV in the wagon. The wagon is making a comeback. The sport wagon is huge.

How many A6 avants in the western division of AoA right now? 2 in the whole region.

Dumb and dumber the movie.

Got it. I feel you Dave. I will go overboard when my transmission goes again and i will be left stuck with a useless car and no choice but to buy a full unit from ZF and ship it over (since they will not sell individual parts to rebuild the damn things from what i understand??) after it sits a few months while i gather the huge amounts of cash to do the fix. Well Audi if you built the damn thing right in the first place. I think Audi has probably figured out that 98% of the original owners who did originally pay $85K for the top car have moved on a long time ago and they are probably hoping they do all fall apart so they can be rid of the car that I am sure ate them alive during the warranty period. With the biggest of the big dogs happily in their R8s and S8s and lately Panamera's that seem to be doing way better than the RS6 ever did... well the big money guys are happy and will keep buying things somewhere in the VW empire. I paid in the $70s and lost my ass on this damn thing over 5 years and have not been able to get a fair trade in ever on it or have it really fully fixed until the last 15K miles or so (fluckers...that's what I'm pissed about is dealers jacking on the trade-ins...i want a few K less than they would sell it for but they will offer 5 to 8K less than retail).

My only faith is that all my other Audi's have been great, just this damn thing is a disaster. My service from my dealer has been ok and still better than my corresponding BMW experiences. The cars i am likely to get next seem to be better than an RS6 out of the box so R8, TT RS, RS5 are all on the short list as well as the Porsche Spyder that after seeing and sitting in this weekend for the first time i kinda really want one although stupid as shit for my climate. First Porsche that i really like the looks of in a long time. When kids come it may be back to BMW for an SUV though.

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 08:04
Seems there is a lack of focus coming right from the top at AoA.

Scott @ Audi Customer Care sounds like the typical A$$_OLE that has no idea about customer service, or AUDI for that matter. First, MOST of our parts are interchangeable with A4's, A6's, Allroads, etc. Second, I've spoken to three Customer Care Reps within an hour, gotten three completely different answers. A$$_OLES

SteveKen
July 20th, 2010, 14:39
RS6 Alternator is the same as the S6 and A6 4.2.

Not having one in the US could be possible, but sounds like the parts manager's talking points to justify their exorbitant cost.

There are more elegant ways to explain 'stealership' prices even if we do have to pay for the shipping. Just say there's a price increase, etc.

It seems to me like some Audi employees were having a bad day yesterday. Maybe someone pissed in their cheerios or they finally just realized that all the cool models weren't coming to the US?

Nonetheless, cars are just getting to be a pain in the butt. I think I should devote my interests to other less stressful areas next. I bought an old golf cart last week :)

GEN XER
July 20th, 2010, 17:54
RS6 Alternator is the same as the S6 and A6 4.2.

Not having one in the US could be possible, but sounds like the parts manager's talking points to justify their exorbitant cost.

There are more elegant ways to explain 'stealership' prices even if we do have to pay for the shipping. Just say there's a price increase, etc.

It seems to me like some Audi employees were having a bad day yesterday. Maybe someone pissed in their cheerios or they finally just realized that all the cool models weren't coming to the US?

Nonetheless, cars are just getting to be a pain in the butt. I think I should devote my interests to other less stressful areas next. I bought an old golf cart last week :)

I am with you on this point Steve. Cars should not be a center of grief. I have had it with the new car experience for now. I got me a 2001 GTI VR6, paid for and Im going to have fun with it for a while. I'm swapping in a 3.2L with zero miles, so I'll be driving it for another 10 years. Hopefully by then Audi will have its proverbial head outs it proverbial a$$. I'm off to have fun building my sweet ride.

Hy Octane
July 20th, 2010, 18:10
Thing is, for me at least, I have been with Audi's since 1990... and the owning/maintaining relationship I created with one dealer still exists today, but the company was so much different then as compared to now...Coming off the 'unintended acceleration fiasco that nearly ruined them here, they used to put your satisfaction first and really blew me away with their 'customer is always right' mantra. I used to be able to call up my SA and tell him the discs were shimmying and he'd say 'bring it in and we'll change them while you wait no charge". Now they have to get road tests, emails to HQ, pictures and the like which takes 2 days..They have become more concerned about the bottom line now that they are not striving to beat the other 2 as hard. The owning experience isnt that great for a new owner and for someone who has 20 years with them, the change in image and procedure has been amazing.. I really dont have any allegiance left for AoA and this will be my last one.. A perfect example of how a company should not perform to keep customers and a study on why expansion always seems to screw up a good thing.

SteveKen
July 20th, 2010, 19:00
I agree 100%. They do seem to be more interested in the bottom line and having a car in every garage. Even if it the cheapest one they sell.

I'm hearing a story third hand, but a friend of a friend had valet parked her A4 and when she got the car back on her way home she realized the key was not hers as were the rest of the keys on the ring. Whether it's true or not, I immediately though that Audi was scrimping and getting like other mfg's where every 17 key was the same, etc.

I still think the white glove, red carpet service still exists to a point. I've heard stories from an Audi tech that suggest this. Not on a used car or one that's not 7 yrs old, though. Maybe you need to buy a new S8 every year? Not sure.

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 19:42
Well said.

This comes from a 20 year Audi customer and a guy who purchased his RS6 brand spankin new.

The bean counters at AoA can start counting turds because that is all they will have in a couple of years after this direction.

Thing is, for me at least, I have been with Audi's since 1990... and the owning/maintaining relationship I created with one dealer still exists today, but the company was so much different then as compared to now...Coming off the 'unintended acceleration fiasco that nearly ruined them here, they used to put your satisfaction first and really blew me away with their 'customer is always right' mantra. I used to be able to call up my SA and tell him the discs were shimmying and he'd say 'bring it in and we'll change them while you wait no charge". Now they have to get road tests, emails to HQ, pictures and the like which takes 2 days..They have become more concerned about the bottom line now that they are not striving to beat the other 2 as hard. The owning experience isnt that great for a new owner and for someone who has 20 years with them, the change in image and procedure has been amazing.. I really dont have any allegiance left for AoA and this will be my last one.. A perfect example of how a company should not perform to keep customers and a study on why expansion always seems to screw up a good thing.

topcat_92
July 20th, 2010, 19:47
Has anyone been able to verify this from a second source? I send a message to my service guy and will let you know what comes back...

topcat_92
July 20th, 2010, 21:18
Has anyone been able to verify this from a second source? I send a message to my service guy and will let you know what comes back...

Here's what my service guy replies, "I have heard nothing of the sort and neither has my parts department. We service quite a few of them and have had no problems getting parts. It would be very very strange for Audi to do something like that and I have never heard of them doing anything like that in that in the past 15 years."

Update the posts if you get more info...

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 21:34
Clearly there are two topics in this thread.

1. The dumb ass folks at Pat's local dealership.

2. The dumb ass at AoA spouting off at the mouth when presented with the dumb ass moves from #1.

We have cleared up #1. The folks at Pat's dealership are complete morons.

The topic left is #2. Is there a move to limit the US stock of RS6 components moving forward? And when RS6 owners need common parts such as an alternator they will be expected to pay shipping from Germany?

I feel the above is a real situation from the word of the rep at AoA. Mr Scott xyz whatever the hell his last name is. For those of us with good relationships with our local dealers....sure, we can put a call in and expect the above answer. "there is nothing wrong with Audi" Just wait till you need parts next month or later this year and find out that you have to pay shipping from Germany.

LIRS6
July 20th, 2010, 22:31

Your dealerships all suck!

Sorry to all who continue to have negative experiences at your dealerships ... come on out to Audi of Huntington, LI. I'll introduce you to Chuck, Marty and Joe - three very knowledgeable SA's. Then I'll take you into the garage area, and introduce you to an RS6 tech - Roy; he knows his shit, and is very effecient.

Am I the owner of the dealership? .. or the manager? .. no - I'm just a very satisfied customer who has taken the time to build a relationship with these people which they value as much as I do. Case in point - took car in for 85k svc couple weeks ago with clunking issue in the front suspension. Tech diagnosed the problem - found that one of my hidden Stasis MS reservoirs had sprung a leak. He tightened/cleaned what he could, finished the service, and they sent me on my way - charging me only for the 85k service, not for the time spent diagnosing the clunking issue. I, for one, am a very happy camper.

4everRS
July 20th, 2010, 22:48
This being a forum and all, I thought I would provide opinion. disclosure: Some may not enjoy.

There were not many rs6's brought to these shores. I don't understand why there is confusion about the avalability of parts. This is a rare car. It was meant to be rare here. Therefore, parts can also be rare. However, there seems to be an increasing # of non-audi-branded replacement parts available. I know some put a high value on oem parts, but I for one will find the best part for the money. Maybe not the cheapest, but the best. I will not replace parts with oem just because they are oem. Those with a warranty may not have that luxury. What is unfortunate is that a warrantee company will not pay shipping on the part.

High performance Audi's have not been that plentiful in the US. I would really like to see more RS cars brought here, but it's never been common in the past. My point is that, when I see disappointment in Audi for "moving the wrong direction" in terms of performance options(mostly other threads), I wonder where they got the idea that Audi is some big high performance importer.

I don't think that we need to be jumping to conclusions based off what some AoA service rep said. He may have had a bad day, and/or could have been relaying wrong or misconstrude information. This is what we will likely find out in the coming days, as some reading this forum are surely calling AoA and their own service reps to verify this information. I will bet the chicken dinner Dave owe's me, that we will find that Audi will continue to support our cars. Why wouldn't they? Now is when thay are accually making money on the service, unlike the first years when they covered all the maintainance.

If I am wrong, I will eat these words that will remain forever in cyberspace. But, if 'fire' is being yelled, there better damn well be a fire.

Erik
July 20th, 2010, 22:56
This being a forum and all, I thought I would provide opinion. disclosure: Some may not enjoy.

There were not many rs6's brought to these shores. I don't understand why there is confusion about the avalability of parts. This is a rare car. It was meant to be rare here. Therefore, parts can also be rare. However, there seems to be an increasing # of non-audi-branded replacement parts available. I know some put a high value on oem parts, but I for one will find the best part for the money. Maybe not the cheapest, but the best. I will not replace parts with oem just because they are oem. Those with a warranty may not have that luxury. What is unfortunate is that a warrantee company will not pay shipping on the part.

High performance Audi's have not been that plentiful in the US. I would really like to see more RS cars brought here, but it's never been common in the past. My point is that, when I see disappointment in Audi for "moving the wrong direction" in terms of performance options(mostly other threads), I wonder where they got the idea that Audi is some big high performance importer.

I don't think that we need to be jumping to conclusions based off what some AoA service rep said. He may have had a bad day, and/or could have been relaying wrong or misconstrude information. This is what we will likely find out in the coming days, as some reading this forum are surely calling AoA and their own service reps to verify this information. I will bet the chicken dinner Dave owe's me, that we will find that Audi will continue to support our cars. Why wouldn't they? Now is when thay are accually making money on the service, unlike the first years when they covered all the maintainance.

If I am wrong, I will eat these words that will remain forever in cyberspace. But, if 'fire' is being yelled, there better damn well be a fire.

Thanks. Your input makes a lot of sense and hopefully you will not have to eat your own words.

topcat_92
July 20th, 2010, 23:24
Thanks. Your input makes a lot of sense and hopefully you will not have to eat your own words.

Or give up the chicken dinner Dave owes you... What was the bet?

Hy Octane
July 20th, 2010, 23:32
The main US warehouse for parts is in NJ. They send parts here by the boatloads.. As many failures as they have had on the RS6 it defies logic that they would cut back inventory on the largest parts mangler in their lineup, no?

DHall1
July 20th, 2010, 23:36
Your view holds some water. As do the thoughts of many other owners in this thread.

My take may be exploded by actually writing them down on paper. But in reality, I dont really give a ratts a$$. If Audi stops making parts for the RS6....I will bury the pos out in the back yard. My Fidelity warranty is good for 4 more years and my car has 30k.

The response from the RS6 certified customer rep is indeed the view of AoA or he would not have said it. Its not a situation of a bad day or xyz. This is the direction of AoA.

My days with Audi are done. I will enjoy my car and leave it at that. Audi can stick that in their marketing pipe and roll the dice.

OMG...the chicken dinner. You mean after I gave you guys 500 tips on the right answer and literally put the answer under everyones nose...you want some chicken? hehe

I will be coming thru Iowa next week. All those that want dinner need to call me to get on the schedule.

================================================== ==============================================

Clearly there are two topics in this thread.

1. The dumb ass folks at Pat's local dealership.

2. The dumb ass at AoA spouting off at the mouth when presented with the dumb ass moves from #1.

We have cleared up #1. The folks at Pat's dealership are complete morons.

The topic left is #2. Is there a move to limit the US stock of RS6 components moving forward? And when RS6 owners need common parts such as an alternator they will be expected to pay shipping from Germany?

I feel the above is a real situation from the word of the rep at AoA. Mr Scott xyz whatever the hell his last name is. For those of us with good relationships with our local dealers....sure, we can put a call in and expect the above answer. "there is nothing wrong with Audi" Just wait till you need parts next month or later this year and find out that you have to pay shipping from Germany.

Benman
July 23rd, 2010, 19:28
But in reality, I dont really give a ratts a$$. If Audi stops making parts for the RS6....I will bury the pos out in the back yard.

First, no you want, you'll sell it. ;)

Second, it is NOT a "POS", AoA would be the POS. :D

Last, I sure as hell pray you are wrong and Paul's source ends up being right as the suckage of discountinued parts here would be an EPIC fail for AoA! Epic!

pellapat
July 23rd, 2010, 20:42
I feel better about selling mine!

DHall1
July 23rd, 2010, 23:44
Did you vote for that city manager in Bell, Ca? 800k/yr town of 36,000. :-)

Ok, ok

Audi of America will stop stocking RS6 parts in the near future. Audi Germany will not stop making the parts. We just have to ship them over here.

If the day comes that I cant buy parts to keep my RS6 on the road. It (the RS6) will indeed be a POS. What do I do? Put a 350 chevy in it? Does AoA care? Can 1500 people cause enough of a stir to rustle feathers? We shall see.

First, no you want, you'll sell it. ;)

Second, it is NOT a "POS", AoA would be the POS. :D

Last, I sure as hell pray you are wrong and Paul's source ends up being right as the suckage of discountinued parts here would be an EPIC fail for AoA! Epic!

Benman
July 24th, 2010, 00:14
Nope, sure didn't.

I already realize that Germany will keep making parts, that is why I said "AoA" will be the "POS". And no, the RS 6 will not be a "POS" no matter how many times you say it simply because AoA fvcked up. A 67' fastback Mustang is NOT a "POS" simply because I can not drive down to the local Ford dealer and order parts.

Is it incredibly stupid on AoA's part? Yes, and I already agreed with you on that. But saying a great car is a POS simply because the dealer network has made a terrible, idiotic decision is hardly accurate. ;)

Best,

Ben :addict:

Aronis
July 24th, 2010, 00:41
I don't believe this, I'm pretty sure there is a law in the USA that states ever car sold in the use has to have parts produced and readily available for 16 years if I remember correctly. Ill dig further. If it is true ill be selling the beast.

I am pretty certain its for "10 years" from model year.

PS...the more important question is why does the RS6 need a "Special Alternator?" Does it use a special A/C compressor? Special Power Steering pump?? WTF???

Mike

Hy Octane
July 24th, 2010, 20:09
Lets not forget how many of these puppies there are in the rest of the world that will gobble up parts just as fast as the USA ones do and their owners will scream bloody murder as well..
This whole deal is a stinky fart from the backside of one of those asshole AoA guys with little talent save for fabrications to mask the ignorance.

vangelis
July 24th, 2010, 20:30
I'm wondering how audi deal different with customers in each country!!! last month my alternator gone and delaer told me its a replacement part, means I gave them the old one and I got a brand new one and paid around $500, they told me if I want to buy it without replacing i would pay over $1500. So, they replaced it and got 2 years warranty now on it.

scottmandu
July 24th, 2010, 22:20

It's not that Audi is not supporting the RS6 anymore, it's likely the dealership didn't want to mess with it or the off chance that the alternator was not available in the USA for some time, but none the less it is still available.

Consumer protection laws vary by state but there is German law and many state laws that require a manufacturer to supply parts for a minimum of 10 years. There is wording that limits the types of parts, but all mechanical parts and parts that affect the operation and safety of the vehicle fall under the law.

There was a big class action lawsuit in the late 80's early 90's when Ford discontinued the T-bird fenders after only a couple years, I don't recall the outcome but I think the aftermarket picked up where Ford failed.

PS...the more important question is why does the RS6 need a "Special Alternator?" Does it use a special A/C compressor? Special Power Steering pump??

The RS6 alternator had a different part no than the A6 4.2, however it looks the same. The power steering pump is the same as any V8, the pulley is the same as the S6/S8 PS pulley. The A/C compressor is the same as any 4.2 C5 V8. As to why only Audi could answer those questions.

ttboost
July 25th, 2010, 14:31
Not to add to the fire, but read post #10...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php?p=194230#post194230

skribe
July 25th, 2010, 15:00
Not to add to the fire, but read post #10...

http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php?p=194230#post194230

That dude lives in Dubai. I would think he'd have to order parts from Germany all the time.

ttboost
July 25th, 2010, 15:21
probably a fair assessment..didn't notice that...