PDA

View Full Version : My new Baby - thanks to GEN XER!!!!!

pierson
July 19th, 2010, 10:31
Some of you may be aware, but I spent the last year or so looking for a car to replace my loved 04 S4. I finally decided on an RS6 and went out to the market. While i was comparing ebay listings with auto-trader a very nice forum member spoke up to say that he "might" be interested in unloading his car. I said i was interested and within a couple minutes I received not only pictures, but line after line of posts showing all the work that was done to his car. He took car of this puppy. Every detail from the stickers on the breaks to the removal of the tranny was covered. I felt I was in good hands - enough so that I bought the car sight unseen and over a month before i could take delivery.

yes, the car sat at GEN XER's home for weeks while I bugged him for more and more pictures.

Finally when I came to pick her up, the car was everything i could have imagined. All the manuals, keys, even wheel bolt covers were there. Not a single receipt missing.

This is exactly why I will forever go to the forums first when looking for a car. Thank you GEN XER. i could not be more happy with my purchase.

MaxRS6
July 19th, 2010, 11:22
Welcome aboard the

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/Miltanius/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg

R1
July 19th, 2010, 12:04
pierson: congrats to the purchase, very clean car

gen xer: what did you replace it with

Ruergard
July 19th, 2010, 13:11
Congratulations, a clean example! :thumb:

hahnmgh63
July 19th, 2010, 14:11
Congrats, a beautiful looking car.

JSRS6
July 19th, 2010, 15:11
If you check out willie's(GEN XER) recent posts, he is building a pretty nice looking Dub. Saw it last week when I picked up the fluids.

snoopra
July 19th, 2010, 22:03
Welcome to the family!

GEN XER
July 20th, 2010, 00:37
Well I thank you Scott. Im glad you are pleased with your purchase. I treat people the way I want to be treated, so I did what I would expect everyone to do. Josh call me when you need the coolant. How did the ACES work?

R1 check here.
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20253-Planing-A-Car-Project?highlight=

I was going to buy the S5 but Im not touching any FSI motor from VAG. They have not figured out how to keep them from gumming up and looking like an old Quaker State motor. So Ill just take my R32 swap and boost it for about 500hp or so.

See Carbon Buildup Thread Here:
http://www.rs6.com/showthread.php/20537-quot-Carbon-build-up-quot

Elevens
July 20th, 2010, 01:09
Looking good pierson, fine example. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine. And welcome to the club.

JSRS6
July 21st, 2010, 02:38
Ill be calling you next week for the coolant Willie. The Aces definitely feels smoother during acceleration. The BND oil quieted my engine right away. So engine oil, then coolant, then tranny fluid, then diff fluid. And Aces of course. Should be set on the fluids front.

MaxRS6
July 21st, 2010, 02:43
Ill be calling you next week for the coolant Willie. The Aces definitely feels smoother during acceleration. The BND oil quieted my engine right away. So engine oil, then coolant, then tranny fluid, then diff fluid. And Aces of course. Should be set on the fluids front.

I recommend you try their power steering fluid as well- It made my power steering groan disappear

JSRS6
July 21st, 2010, 02:49
hmmm, ive never noticed a groan...maybe your climate is a factor? definitely want to get some racing brake fluid when i do my brakes and rotors.

V8weight
July 21st, 2010, 02:57
hmmm, ive never noticed a groan...maybe your climate is a factor? definitely want to get some racing brake fluid when i do my brakes and rotors.
I switched to the Motul RBF600 fluid when I installed the ECS stainless steel brake lines. Not that you'd notice a difference, but I've been more than happy with it. Just don't buy the RBF660. I was thinking that the higher boiling point would be better, but turns out it's not good for the abs, and the viscosity is not suited for cold temps.

rle55
July 22nd, 2010, 19:26
seen this car today in person! - nice looking car and quite a gentleman too! hope to see you soon scott! and if you ever decide to part out with that exhaust let me know ok..:)

enjoy the RS! & im sure your clients will too!

ronnie

ben916
July 28th, 2010, 05:34
Welcome aboard the

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/Miltanius/CrazyTrainPoster1.jpg

I have a little shwag from Comic Con for you MaxRS6 - it took 2 days to get... PM your address please