PDA

View Full Version : Knock Sensor Voltage Readings

toddc
July 18th, 2010, 04:47
Hello All,
First post here......I purchased my RS6 last month and I'm currently trying to troubleshoot a low power issue(suprise!). I data logged some Vag-Com runs today and I suspect the ecu is pulling timing due to knock detect. I live in Alaska, and the highest octane fuel we can get at the pump is 90. I have some Aces 4 on the way, so hopefully I'll see some good results from running it. Anyway, back to the logs. I'm showing voltage on the knock sensors at cruise of around 3-5 volts. Under boost they are as high as 14 to 17 volts. This is under blocks 026 and 027. Also blocks 020 & 021 are showing timing correction of up to 6 degrees through out different cylinders. I was under the impression that most knock sensors run from 0 to 5vdc. When I look under the 026 and 027 block titles, it says "amplifier factor included". Does any one have log files of these 2 blocks? I'm looking to see what some "average" numbers are for the knock sensors. I am also having low boost issues, but will save that for another post. TIA

-Todd

V8weight
July 18th, 2010, 05:20
Welcome aboard! I have a log with blocks 026/027 running 93 octane with the Aces IV. Send me a message with your email address and I'll shoot it over.